New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Primal Rend & Cloud Spliter
Primal Rend & Cloud Spliter
By Rainari 2014-12-21 00:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello folks.
A fellow beast master here and I've been looking into all of the weapon skills we possess in order to be more effective in the situations I've come across. Currently my query today is Primal Rend, and Cloud splitter. Some of our underused but obviously powerful tools given the right time and enough energy spent into getting good gear, IMO anyway.

I have the following set for Primal Rend, and I would like some thoughts on how I can possibly start pulling off higher numbers, and when the ideal time to fire such would be. Obviously with its bounding FTP numbers 3k is best, but ideally you can't always wait.

ammo="Dosis tathlum",
head="Yaoyotl Helm"
neck="Stoicheion Medal"
ear1="Hecate's Earring"
ear2="Friomisi Earring",
body="Mikinaak Breastplate"
hands="Mikinaak Gauntlets"
ring1="Acumen Ring"
ring2="Airy Ring",
back="Toro Cape"
waist="Cetl Belt"
legs="Iuitl Tights"
feet="Iuitl Gaiters"

My next thought is what kind of numbers do you usually see using either weapon skill?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-21 00:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This springs to mind.

ItemSet 331756

Ring adds 10%

Ele belt should beat out chance of DA plus FTP bonus to any multihits also.

head and hands are direct upgrades due to MAB +35 ~
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-21 00:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The optimal primal rend set would be the set above but switch out

ammo: Erlene's Notebook
body: Phorcys or Sombra harness +1
back: Argochampsa mantle
waist: Salire Belt
legs: Augury Cuisses +1
feet: Sombra leggings +1
earring: Moonshade earring (TP Bonus 250) if you're using it under 2750
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-21 00:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
This springs to mind.

ItemSet 331756

Ring adds 10%

Ele belt should beat out chance of DA plus FTP bonus to any multihits also.

head and hands are direct upgrades due to MAB +35 ~

go home, you are drunk
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-21 01:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly! Meant the Am3 bonus... ftp from gorget doesn't transfer on this >.<
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-21 01:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yup, drunk
[+]
By Rainari 2014-12-21 01:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also like a few screen shots of numbers you have against fodder mobs, and possibly a boss or two with Primal rend and cloud splitter if possible. I'm trying to figure out how viable these are given there are plenty of gimmick monster's and the fact we have two different magical based WS's among Ruinator and such gives us tools to be better DPS in solo content, and what ever group content we attend.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-21 01:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask Malthar on Shiva what his set is. He's been doing NASTY things with Cloudsplitter. He was doing these outside of proper damage phase.

[+]
By Rainari 2014-12-21 22:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats some impressive cloud splitter damage. It looks like he's using Killer instinct along with gear that enhances it for the circle of protection and damage to increase what it does. I believe the trait gives a straight 15% bonus to damage taken since he's using the corresponding monster affinity with his pet to give him the edge.

Any far as the numbers ontop of stacking mab and/or possibly magic damage. The modifiers for Primal rend are 30% Dex/60% Chr. Does anyone have suggestions for sets that might have optimal numbers?
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-12-22 00:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For those giant numbers, we used several things to bump the damage up a good bit.

BST - Malthar did use Killer Instinct with a Tiger pet out. Since Tojil is considered Lizard family, the Killer Instinct buff kicks in.

GEO - Mag. Def. down debuff bubble on Tojil, Mag. Eva. Down bubble on self, and Entrust MAB onto Malthar. All spells were Bolstered.

Eightball (RUN)- Sulpor x3 and Gambit (thunder weak)

We did have a BRD in the group, but I don't know if he used Threnody. We also did not have a SCH present for Thunderstorm buff.

I think if we had a SCH present and BRD uses Threnody, that damage would get bumped up by a pretty substantial amount.

*** Note *** - The 54k Cloudsplitter was during the first 25%. The 36k Cloudsplitter with 36k Fragmentation was done with Tojil at 68%. The GEO buffs/debuffs were still on, but Gambit from the RUN had worn off.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-22 00:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

-Threnodies only lower meva to a certain element, so they will only reduce resist rate. Generally speaking, elemental WS are pretty accurate and it's obvious that those weren't resisted.

-You use thunder runes to increase thunder vulnerability, not earth- so I hope that's not actually what he did.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-12-22 01:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
-Threnodies only lower meva to a certain element, so they will only reduce resist rate. Generally speaking, elemental WS are pretty accurate and it's obvious that those weren't resisted.

-You use thunder runes to increase thunder vulnerability, not earth- so I hope that's not actually what he did.

You're absolutely correct. I'm drunk. I'll make the necessary edit.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-30 14:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
For those giant numbers, we used several things to bump the damage up a good bit. BST - Malthar did use Killer Instinct with a Tiger pet out. Since Tojil is considered Lizard family, the Killer Instinct buff kicks in. GEO - Mag. Def. down debuff bubble on Tojil, Mag. Eva. Down bubble on self, and Entrust MAB onto Malthar. All spells were Bolstered. Eightball (RUN)- Sulpor x3 and Gambit (thunder weak) We did have a BRD in the group, but I don't know if he used Threnody. We also did not have a SCH present for Thunderstorm buff. I think if we had a SCH present and BRD uses Threnody, that damage would get bumped up by a pretty substantial amount. *** Note *** - The 54k Cloudsplitter was during the first 25%. The 36k Cloudsplitter with 36k Fragmentation was done with Tojil at 68%. The GEO buffs/debuffs were still on, but Gambit from the RUN had worn off.

The Bolster wouldn't have affected the Entrusted Indi-Acumen. In reality, the spells should have been reversed (have the GEO cast Bolster-Acumen on themself, and entrust the Magic Evasion Down to the BST). This might give a big chunk more damage from the acumen/malaise (B) + other buffs.

Otherwise, very impressive numbers.
By Zoltar 2014-12-31 08:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You should still be using Phorcys Body for Cloudsplitter
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-31 15:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Sombra Harness +1 > Sombra Harness NQ > Phorcys on both Primal Rend and Cloudsplitter. The difference isn't much on Cloudsplitter but Primal Rend it's a decent upgrade.