Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Looking for friends to start fresh with
Looking for friends to start fresh with
By Cieren 2014-12-20 23:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My husband and I decided to make new characters to go with a handful of friends. But in the end it is just one that is going to play with us.

So we were wondering if other people might be interested in starting fresh with us. We had other characters in the past, but it was always very difficult to meet people in on way because of the current nature of the game.

You don't have to start fresh with us, we mainly want people to play with right now, or eventually. We've been postponing our nation missions/expansions to do with friends, but if we don't meet anybody else we might just start doing it regardless. We play between 4 PM until late night (GMT-2) and have been leveling mostly outside of Abyssea. We started these characters a week ago, just leveled some jobs to 30ish.

Our in game names: Venven & Kerumomo
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-20 23:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Were better off starting fresh on the private server, than playing in the absolute mess that retail has become.

Your progress would probably be preserved there longer also, retail is at the breaking point. I can see the remaining survivor's of Matsui's reign perishing within a few more months of revamped Lv50 cap NMs. That, and, cycling trash DD jobs into top-tier DD, 'coz why the **** not in the last stages of the game.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-20 23:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

if your haveing bad luck on asura come to siren got a home here with folks who play, jp,en,eu, even aussie hours.

do not let the the doomsday folks get to you saying " game is dead" it is alive and well and very fun with open minded players.
By Crevox 2014-12-21 00:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore Kenrusai, person obviously just is butthurt. Game is fine.

Asura is a great server in my opinion, lots of friendly folks. Look for a good linkshell to join if you want to socialize. Reddit LS usually has lots of newbie players always looking to do stuff like missions/etc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-21 00:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
if your haveing bad luck on asura come to siren got a home here with folks who play, jp,en,eu, even aussie hours.

do not let the the doomsday folks get to you saying " game is dead" it is alive and well and very fun with open minded players.

do not let the fanatics in denial mislead you
By Cieren 2014-12-21 01:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We cannot consider a server transfer, it's not within your pockets, I'm sorry.
We were in the Reddit LS last time we were playing (like 6 months ago) and most people were only interested in Abyssea leveling. Nobody wanted to go through missions or quests like that. We mainly want to try to find buddies to level/missions with.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-21 01:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you start new, you can put them on any server you want.

And.. sadly Ken is right... not a lot of reasons to play this game unless you're already heavily invested.
By Crevox 2014-12-21 01:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We were in the Reddit LS last time we were playing (like 6 months ago) and most people were only interested in Abyssea leveling. Nobody wanted to go through missions or quests like that. We mainly want to try to find buddies to level/missions with.

I believe that. :|

Quote:
And.. sadly Ken is right... not a lot of reasons to play this game unless you're already heavily invested.

It wasn't very long ago that I started this myself. Not a real issue.
By Cieren 2014-12-21 02:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No, we are not willing to delete our characters because both of us have destrier beret and chocobo T-shirt. We have already done things on those characters in expectation of our friends to start playing but that didn't happen, sadly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-21 03:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It was mildly unclear as to your scenario then. Considering the title, but, ok.

I think I would've changed the title to be more specific. You want people to socialize/do things with, where you are.

I don't think you're going to find that, this game isn't at that stage of it's life anymore. Best of luck though, in finding it.
By Cieren 2014-12-21 04:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have one-time use codes bound to my character and I've done a little leveling, that's fresh new to me. If you have nothing positive to add to my thread asking for friends, then please stop wasting your and my time here.
[+]
By Voren 2014-12-21 04:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valli does have a point, the game isn't where it use to be.

Problem I had when I returned was getting people to go with me to do original Nyzhul and I was only asking for a run for the last few levels to get a weapon. I asked my LS for a few days, then shouted for a few more days, then gave up. Yes you can go into NI solo, which I tried, but hit a lamp floor and remembered my char's luck stat is -1,000,000.

That's pretty much been what's kept me from coming back is the lack of doing anything not related to current endgame. I wish you better luck than what I had.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-12-21 10:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

thats a pretty specific reason that keeps you from coming back. that weapon should be such a low priority that you shouldnt even worry about it. itll just come to you after doing current content with people. your goal should be to use trusts to do skirmishes/level up real quick. picking little things out of a hat and saying you want this or nothing is kind of weird to the point saying "personal goals" or what have you is a little irrelevant when compared to the things youll actually have to do to play "the real game" as it is now.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-22 05:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

@OP, I would really like to be positive about your expectations, but it is pretty much nigh impossible in this day and age to find people who will go through missions with you. It shouldn't be hard to find help for mission fights, but finding people for the drudgery between the fights is a whole different story. Hardly anyone needs to go through missions anymore.

If you happen to level up before doing missions, you won't even "need" anyone for help since they are all uncapped and can't really blame anyone who will tell you to do it yourself if you are already 99 or close.

For leveling, it is normal that the people you met earlier in a social LS were only interested in Abyssea xp. It became the norm years ago. Capacity point parties are close, but they are still selective on jobs and not so common.

All that said, I don't know what hours you two are playing at but if you need help with a mission fight or directions, feel free to send me a tell and I will be happy to help.
By Chyula 2014-12-23 00:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is full of Trolls and ***.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2014-12-23 02:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
thats a pretty specific reason that keeps you from coming back. that weapon should be such a low priority that you shouldnt even worry about it. itll just come to you after doing current content with people.

Yeah, that was a weak butt-hurt reason tbh. I should have continued gearing BRD and making it better, was working on multiple ToM staves to reduce casting time. Yes I know you can be a crap BRD and still get invites, but I don't like being a crap player.

I still need 3 more VW city clears so I can unlock empy ws. I could just work on twashtar instead, but still want the VW clears and some gear from other VW as well.

I still need to work on Dharp, but hate apademak. I was also trying to decide between Ghorn and Mandau while working towards apoc and rag.

I had a lot of solo stuff on my plate that I should have kept with and done, so in hind sight I probably was just looking for a reason to stop and used the weakest one I found.
By swordwiz 2014-12-23 05:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You would Know King Troll Chyula
By Pantafernando 2014-12-28 19:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula can **** my ****.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-28 19:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How about we stop with the personal attacks on people and stay on OP?

Thanks, unless you like pissing Mods off and someone has to storm in here with a Ban Stick!
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-01-08 02:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Chyula u say this server is full of trolls but you are the main one rofl lol..

I started over for the third time on game a while because i do enjoy doing all the low stuff as well as some of the new stuff, but yeah it is hard to find people to do with as there are too many people that do just come onto game and zerg to 99 because they are lazy and cant be bothered to level and learn there jobs lol, so although i love the game if your looking for people to do do low content you may struggle, as i have had to solo it all mostly...

Im in middle doing me assault missions at mo and may do a thread once closer to end becasuse unfortunately there are a few that need more then one peep .... bahh lol so if anyone reads n wants duo/trio some send me a tell ingame.. I never got round to a mythic years back as i like to level slow and enjoy, but i want one now if i have the will power to finish it lol if i ever finish assault...

Btw im Uk GMT so anyone out there with a ls gmt or gmt peeps in hit me up as i been out ls few months and i can only talk to myself soo much lol ;P
 Asura.Limes
user: Limelol
By Asura.Limes 2015-01-08 02:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cieren said: »

That's just an MMO game's playerbase in a nutshell. If something's soloable, people will be less likely to help, especially when you consider that the majority has done it. It's a bit unfortunate I guess, but it's not too unreasonable that all you saw were Abyssea shouts in Linkshell chat considering that it's the first (player) group content most newer players will see.

Sorry the Reddit LS didn't work out for you guys, but I hope you find what you're looking for. Although I didn't meet many, when I came back to the game after a 5 year break, I did find people on Asura who wanted to do exactly what you're wanting to do, so they are out there.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
By Mooserocka 2015-02-24 14:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i just stated about 2 months ago. i was in the same boat u were in . i am also in reddit ls and didn get much help but you atleast have your husband. so you can do all teh story misions. i had to solo them all with trusts which is def doable just a lil boring. Now im really looking for endgame stuff to do. from waht i have read on here people are saying asura isnt the most pop server i htouhgt it was thats why i joined : P. im still new so if your on i will help all the time if u need it send me a tell.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.