New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Name one of the coolest things you ever saw in game
Name one of the coolest things you ever saw in game
By Wordspoken 2014-12-29 12:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Not so much something I "saw", and it actually wasn't "cool" as much as "game-changing" (literally).

I was on Ventrillo with many members of my current LS (BeyondTheLimitation) -- before I was in it, but was good friends with many people who were -- when they attempted Pandemonium Warden. This was one of the first serious attempts, and it was the one that went on for hours, and hours, and hours, ad nauseam (literally). People were passing out, getting sick and frustrated, it was brutal and was the big impetus in SE adjusting difficulty on some mobs and setting rage timers to prevent that (Absolute Virtue was a fight they had participated in as well when it was just insane, but had found various ways to win by then), and it was surely a factor in the way the game now functions.

So "easy" mode or not, it was really something to be part of or witnessing at all, especially talking to them as it was going on because it was just...brutal. Absolutely brutal. All the people who wax nostalgically about "how the game is now too easy" or "the was better when everything was harder"...these were some of the elite of the elite at the time and it drove them to quit playing because it was simply horrible game design.

Just sayin'.
This. Although going from one extreme into another isn't a good thing either.
By volkom 2014-12-29 12:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the coolest thing I saw was when I first started playing. I joined a pretty social LS with a lot of fun people. Had that guild-like quality to it where everyone was everyone's friend. (like sword art online). One day we wanted to have a guild meet up in mhaura. Half of us decided to take the ferry from Selbina. It was a night cruise. On deck we were fishing off the side then all of a sudden the music changed. We were all like WTF is going on. Then PIRATES! The majority of us were level 10 or so.... we never made it to the meeting
[+]
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-29 13:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Watched a nin/dnc solo puuchka (sp) @75 in woodlands.

outisde of game, getting my 6mo old son's moogle cap signed by nobuo uematsu at his first Distant Worlds concert.
 Carbuncle.Brynach
Server: Carbuncle
user: Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2014-12-29 13:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fighting KB (way back @75 cap) with LS and one of our guys thought he would save us all from AOEs by plane-hacking KB up with him..
It was the day that KB flew, and also, it was the last day that guy played on that character.
By Nazrious 2014-12-29 13:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The sky, it can be pretty interesting to look up, for instance some weird floaty platform things in throneroom. Devs put a lot of thought into the sky and most people I speak to have never even looked up.
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-29 13:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
The sky, it can be pretty interesting to look up, for instance some weird floaty platform things in throneroom. Devs put a lot of thought into the sky and most people I speak to have never even looked up.

Like the spiders in cirdas
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Wonton
Server: Cerberus
user: WonTon
By Cerberus.Wonton 2015-01-30 18:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wonton said: »
Back when the game was still new I was walking through Windurst Woods and there were a bunch of Tarus lined up in front of the fountain. Almost all were in Lv.1 RSE undies! Their linkshell was something like SynchronizeTaruLS and they started putting on a show where every other one would emote together. As in, the first one would /joy, the second would /laugh, third /joy, etc., all coordinated. They even included synchronized synthing. It was amazing, and it went on for a while. I took some screenshots but don't have access to them at the moment. The game was much more populated then so they had a pretty good audience. Does anyone from Cerberus remember seeing that?

Hey, I found some SS

[+]