Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Geo range and timers
Geo range and timers
 Asura.Snubber
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2014-12-19 03:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I am just wondering if anyone know the max distance a geo spell can have? and also if there is a timer on geo spells?

on a side note, apart from taking effect of the geo spells off to ease frame rate, is there any mod that marks the the max distance of a geo spell on the ground, like a dotted circle? sometimes it's hard to see it when that circle effect is up.
 Bahamut.Abercrombie
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Abercrombie 2014-12-19 06:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Geo and Indi spells have an AOE of 6.7, which is maybe 2-3 steps away from the actual bubble effect if you're not using Distance. Oh, and our SP2 exactly doubles that range.

As for duration, Indi will last approx 3:10 w/o Bagua or an augmented cape. And I believe our Luopans disappear after 10+ mins if left completely alone (this can only be achieved in Abyssea with Regen+ atmas though- their innate HP loss will kill them way sooner than that otherwise)
 Asura.Snubber
Server: Asura
user: snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2014-12-19 20:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

tks man ^^
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-12-19 22:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Abercrombie said: »
Both Geo and Indi spells have an AOE of 6.7
Did this change at some point or have I just been misremembering the number for the past year? Too lazy to log in and check tonight, but could of sworn it was 6.1, literally a step past the graphic. They've made a lot of changes to Geo though, so very possible something got slipped in at some point.

Fairly sure base duration of Indi was 3:00 on the dot too, though the effect will persist until the next tick after the graphic disappears. Idk anymore, should start keeping better track I guess lol. All I know is Indi graphic duration with Bagua +1 and +20 aug cape is 3:57.
 Bahamut.Abercrombie
By Bahamut.Abercrombie 2014-12-20 06:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it has something to do with being a Galka, just like max casting range becomes a few yalms wider when you're targeting "large" mobs such as Hydras.

Edit;Tried again and it does feel like vanilla Indi-spells are closer to the 3:00 mark rather than :10. As you mentioned, it's not easy to find exact numbers given how in-game ticks are calculated.

Lastly
Quote:
and +20 aug cape

/jelly >_> Is it a straight +20 sec increase or percentage based?
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-12-20 07:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Piqued my interest enough to check. Ended up being part misremembering, part "your Galka so fat..." joke by SE.

For Elvaan the breaking point seems to be right smack in between 6.4. I was able to get to the very edge of 6.4 >> 6.5 and lose it, and get to 6.4 >> 6.3 and gain it. Stood at each point for 5ish seconds to ensure the affect had time to take effect.

Willing to bet the 6.1 I was thinking of came from testing with a Taru. This'll be some good information to be aware of if you've got either extreme of races in your party, knowing that you've got a quarter of a yalm more for Galkas compared to Elvaans is kinda cool. Checked using spells of the same day and weather to insure there wasn't anything like that in play as well and didn't see anything.

And yeah, cape aug is +%. It's kinda silly to put such a powerful effect on that cape IMO, any future Geos without it are gimping their Entrust by nearly a full minute. Although it does make me want more +duration gear so we can see Entrust approach something more like 80% upkeep. The whole no bonuses deal is enough of a negative effect for it IMO.