Black Vs White: Oppression Or Master Plan?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-21 20:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
100% of human on human homicides were committed by humans.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-21 20:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There are plenty of crimes that are disproportionately prosecuted, minor drug possession and usage for one, but murder rates are much higher among minority groups. However, it's not a white v. black thing, most murders are committed within the same racial groups, black v black, white v white, etc.

There are a lot of contributing factors, as many people have pointed out, and the disproportionate prosecution of minor crimes along with our HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE drug policies create a lot of young minority men with a record who can't get a normal job. For a lot of them, the only way to eat is crime. Granted, there's plenty of people who commit crimes simply because they grew up in that culture, but I'd wager if we ended the drug war and privatized prisons, within a couple generations, most of these racial disparities would correct themselves.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-12-21 20:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And it is those underlying social issues that liberals are too terrified to look at mostly because it is their policies that perpetuate this cycle in our inner cities.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-21 20:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
And it is those underlying social issues that liberals are too terrified to look at mostly because it is their policies that perpetuate this cycle in our inner cities.

I assume you're talking about entitlement programs? Welfare, project housing, etc? There's plenty of conservative policies that contribute just as much: zero tolerance drugs, 3 strikes, no child left behind, etc. It's a systematic failure of a fairly large minority group, in and out of metropolitan inner cities.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-21 21:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I assume you're talking about entitlement programs? Welfare, project housing, etc? There's plenty of conservative policies that contribute just as much: zero tolerance drugs, 3 strikes, no child left behind, etc. It's a systematic failure of a fairly large minority group, in and out of metropolitan inner cities.
Sorry, but how does enforcement contribute to crime?

I guess your answer would be, if the laws didn't exist, there wouldn't be any crime.

So, if we abolish murder, nobody would kill each other on purpose in your mind....
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-21 21:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I guess your answer would be, if the laws didn't exist, there wouldn't be any crime.

So, if we abolish murder, nobody would kill each other on purpose in your mind....

Disproportionate enforcement is the problem. Even sentences are at least 10% longer for minorities for the same crimes.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-21 21:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Disproportionate enforcement is the problem. Even sentences are at least 10% longer for minorities for the same crimes.
First-time offences vs. first-time offences? Can you prove that, using federal data and not biased reporting?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-21 21:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

First-time offences vs. first-time offences? Can you prove that, using federal data and not biased reporting?

It's widely accepted fact, but I'll be happy to link a bunch of data you can superficially dismiss while yelling "liberals" at the top of your lungs. Do you want me to dig up a bunch of data proving the sky is blue as well? You know, since I've got nothing better to do with my time than spoon feed you basic trivia.
By Altimaomega 2014-12-21 21:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't.. You're so hypocritical it hurts our souls.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-21 21:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok serious question: Do you guys know what a hypocrite actually is?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-21 21:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Prime example.

Runner up.

Honorable mention.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2014-12-21 21:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

widely accepted fact

Whenever I see or hear these generalized sweeping kinds of statements I imagine Doctor Evil saying it.

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-12-21 21:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Altimaomega
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-12-21 22:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-21 22:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's widely accepted fact, but I'll be happy to link a bunch of data you can superficially dismiss while yelling "liberals" at the top of your lungs. Do you want me to dig up a bunch of data proving the sky is blue as well? You know, since I've got nothing better to do with my time than spoon feed you basic trivia.
AKA you got nothing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-21 22:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Demographic Differences in Sentencing
Racial Disparities under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines:
The Role of Judicial Discretion and Mandatory Minimums
(dunno why it's missing figures)

Many more out there. Yes, it's commonly accepted as fact.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-21 23:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't like Guiliani because he has been an outspoken critic of Obama over the course of his Presidency. They ignore the excellent job he did in NYC as mayor, specifically in regards to making it a much safer place to live. There were over 4 murders a day in NYC before Guiliani took office. Can you at least pretend to be above party politics for once?
Violent crime had been decreasing in NYC for three years prior to Guiliani taking over as Mayor.

Quote:
Both statements have elements of truth, but don't tell the full story. Violent crime in New York actually began falling three years before Giuliani became mayor in 1994, and property crime started falling four years before. He didn't "turn it around." Nor was New York unique in its crime trends. Many big cities enjoyed similar decreases in crime throughout the 1990s.

Depending on the type of crime, in fact, other cities had sharper drops than New York. And the major U.S. city with the steepest decline in violent crime? San Francisco, where it fell by 64.5 percent from 1993 to 2001, compared with 55.6 percent in New York.

Meanwhile, independent studies generally have failed to link the tactics of the Giuliani administration with the large decrease in crime rates.

Rather, many criminologists believe the decline in New York, as in Chicago, Miami, San Francisco and elsewhere, was the result of a complex mix of social and demographic changes, including a break in the crack cocaine epidemic, an improving economy, and longer prison terms for career criminals.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-21 23:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ftfy
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-21 23:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Nuance aside, I can see why that could mean "someone I disagree with" to someone with such advanced linguistic skills.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-21 23:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
ftfy
I have no idea what you're saying. More so than usual.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-22 00:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Nuance aside, I can see why that could mean "someone I disagree with" to someone with such advanced linguistic skills.

Pretending not to understand what it means to be a hypocrite is awesome.

Quote:
hypocrite
noun fraud, deceiver, pretender, charlatan, impostor, pharisee, dissembler, Tartuffe, Pecksniff, Holy Willie, whited sepulchre, phoney or phony

ftfy

Why am I suppose to care?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-22 00:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretending not to understand what it means to be a hypocrite is awesome.

Quote:
hypocrite
noun fraud, deceiver, pretender, charlatan, impostor, pharisee, dissembler, Tartuffe, Pecksniff, Holy Willie, whited sepulchre, phoney or phony

Nobody is pretending not to understand, we understand, you're just wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-22 00:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

supposed*
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-22 01:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the entire point is that there are a few certain people in here who have a tendency to complain about things that other people do, when they themselves do the same things on a regular basis. I'm sure all of us are guilty of that from time to time, but it's such a common occurrence for some that it's baffling.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-22 02:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it's a fallback for when you have nothing else to add.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-22 03:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it's a fallback for when you have nothing else to add.

No, this is.
supposed*

And this..
ftfy

The hallmarks of a hypocrite. Its okay though we know you can't do any better.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-22 03:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't offer you legitimate responses because you say nothing worth responding to seriously. Sorry if that wasn't already clear.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-22 03:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't offer you legitimate responses because you say nothing worth responding to seriously. Sorry if that wasn't already clear.

Must of touched a nerve.. You gonna fight me after school now? Seriously, your side of the forum take conversations into grade school territory. That is abundantly clear.
[+]
By Voren 2014-12-22 03:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega vs. Pleebo

I want a dirty fight with plenty of hits below the belt.

[+]
 Shiva.Verohawke
Server: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2014-12-22 04:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14