Black Vs White: Oppression Or Master Plan?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14
By Voren 2014-12-21 00:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see if I can post a link, but apparently there were two officers killed while sitting in their patrol car. NYPD advised that gangs had issued an order to kill all white police officers.

I bet there's not a statement made by Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or NAACP.

You know, because cop lives don't matter.

Edit: Link
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-12-21 03:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it interesting, that article doesn't tell you the race of the shooter.. Unlike EVERY single article about brown... Two white cops killed by black man.. Where do we white folk go to riot, loot, and burn down ***!?! Oh that's right "insert comment not meant to be racist but is 100% true.) Glad I live out in the middle of nowhere, this is only gonna get worse from here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-21 05:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

2 cops were gunned down while eating pizza in Las Vegas earlier this year, but, you know, they were killed by other white people so naturally it doesn't count. There was another thread about it but, please, disregard.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-21 06:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
I'll see if I can post a link, but apparently there were two officers killed while sitting in their patrol car. NYPD advised that gangs had issued an order to kill all white police officers.

I guess that is why that statistic (how often police officers are killed each year) is tracked but not how many people die in police custody or at the hands of cops.

Oh wait, that statistic is kept track of, meticulously, and the others are a "self report" function that is useless.

Because when cops get killed there aren't city wide manhunts.

Oh wait, no, every single time a cop is killed the "brothers in blue" go on major hunts to find those responsible (if the suspect is not aprehended immediately). Usually with the suspect ending up dead.

Cops claim "a right to go home at night" but normal civilians for some reason don't get to claim this same right.

If a no-knock warrant is executed incorrectly, not the cops fault. If someone dies or killed during the incorrect execution, definately not their fault. Because they were "doing their job in good faith" or "feared for their lives".

If there is a video or multiple videos of cops killing someone within 3 seconds of arriving on the scene when the person was carrying a toy gun, not their fault. Because they were "doing their job in good faith" or "feared for their lives".

In the US cops lives are valued more than civilians.

It's emphasized every day that civil forfiture takes innocent peoples property, every day a kid is killed for playing with a toy gun, every day cops get more military grade tactical gear, every time SWAT is deployed for non-violent situations, and everytime grand juries decide cops have a right to go home at night and civilians do not share the same right.

Rarely is a police officer held accountable for bad judgements where people die, are injured, or lose property compared to civilians.

Also, you are wrong.

Quote:
"We have stressed at every rally and march that anyone engaged in any violence is an enemy to the pursuit of justice for Eric Garner and Michael Brown.'

— Rev. Al Sharpton

Quote:
"Gun violence continues to plague our city and we remain committed to working with both members of the community and law enforcement to address it in a nonviolent, peaceful, and productive way."

— Brooklyn NAACP
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-21 07:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There's that buzzphrase again: "gun violence" am I the only one concerned with overall violence? Or do they somehow pretend that all "gun violence" is avoidable, but somehow other violence isn't?

What is it with that buzzphrase?

People die, it's innevatable, sometimes people go at the hands of others' misdeeds, it's *** up, and yes there's logical things we can do about it, without infringing on freedoms.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-21 07:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway back on the subject:

both cops killing, and killing cops is *** up, and I'm right there with Kara in that SWAT is way overused.
[+]
By Voren 2014-12-21 07:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I guess that is why that statistic (how often police officers are killed each year) is tracked but not how many people die in police custody or at the hands of cops.

Oh wait, that statistic is kept track of, meticulously, and the others are a "self report" function that is useless.

If DoJ wants to track those then by all means, would actually be nice to have hard statistics to go off of, but who needs that when we have media and general public to vilify police.

Quote:

Oh wait, no, every single time a cop is killed the "brothers in blue" go on major hunts to find those responsible (if the suspect is not aprehended immediately). Usually with the suspect ending up dead.

If a person is willing to gun down a cop, you think they give twoshits about the average citizen? I don't condone officers taking "justice" into their own hands, I prefer an arrest to be made, but those that kill cops don't usually lay down their guns and say "sorry, my bad, I'm giving up".

Quote:
Cops claim "a right to go home at night" but normal civilians for some reason don't get to claim this same right.

That claim, if made, is ignorant. We don't have a right to go home at night any more than anyone else does.

Quote:
If a no-knock warrant is executed incorrectly, not the cops fault. If someone dies or killed during the incorrect execution, definitely not their fault. Because they were "doing their job in good faith" or "feared for their lives".

Yeah, how about the guy that killed a cop during a no-knock warrant that was found not guilty because he claimed self defense. You forget about that one? No-knock warrants are extremely ignorant to use, but they serve a purpose especially when it comes to high risk services.

Quote:
If there is a video or multiple videos of cops killing someone within 3 seconds of arriving on the scene when the person was carrying a toy gun, not their fault. Because they were "doing their job in good faith" or "feared for their lives".

Did you see the "toy" gun? The airsoft gun was a replica of a M1911A1 Colt .45ACP. I wouldn't have shot unless the gun was brandished and being actively pointed at someone (myself or another person) so there in lies that difference. If you think for a second I'm going to wait to verify if that gun is real you're delusional. Point a gun at me or another person, toy or not, and I'm 10 ringing you and not going to stop pulling the trigger until you're down and the threat is eliminated. I've been on the wrong end of a gun, it's not a warm and fuzzy place to be, and if you haven't been in that place you've got not clue one of what it feels like.

Quote:

It's emphasized every day that civil forfiture takes innocent peoples property, every day a kid is killed for playing with a toy gun, every day cops get more military grade tactical gear, every time SWAT is deployed for non-violent situations, and everytime grand juries decide cops have a right to go home at night and civilians do not share the same right.

I don't agree with civil forfeiture as it's done by some shadyass cops. I agree when there's charges brought that warrant it, which I've explained before. Civil forfeiture wasn't meant to be used broadly, but again it was a law written broadly and some departments use it to help fund their dept, which is shady as hell. Not my brand of policing.

I love the militarize argument. Go look up the bank robbery in Los Angeles in the 1990's. Police were out gunned badly. Police aren't proactive, we're reactive. Every bit of our gear that's become more militarized isn't because of a just in case, it's because some criminal has decided to push the boundaries a bit further and made departments realize they need X type or amount of gear to counter act criminal activity. You don't like it, tell criminals to quit getting guns.

Every day there's a child shot for playing with a toy gun? No, not even close. If that was the case Hasbro would be put out of business (makers of Nerf guns).

SWAT used every time in non-violent situations....LMFAO no.

Quote:
Rarely is a police officer held accountable for bad judgements where people die, are injured, or lose property compared to civilians.

I hate to admit this, but yeah this is true. It's all about articulating a report plain and simple. It's hard to get a cop convicted unless it's outright caught with nothing to fall back on. I hate dirty cops, said that many times on here, absolutely hate them.

Quote:
Also, you are wrong.

Quote:
"We have stressed at every rally and march that anyone engaged in any violence is an enemy to the pursuit of justice for Eric Garner and Michael Brown.'

— Rev. Al Sharpton

Quote:
"Gun violence continues to plague our city and we remain committed to working with both members of the community and law enforcement to address it in a nonviolent, peaceful, and productive way."

— Brooklyn NAACP

I stand corrected, surprised, but corrected.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-21 07:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, how about the guy that killed a cop during a no-knock warrant that was found not guilty because he claimed self defense. You forget about that one? No-knock warrants are extremely ignorant to use, but they serve a purpose especially when it comes to high risk services.
They shouldn't have been in the man's house, and they wouldn't have got shot.

There's no reason to use a no-knock warrant unless there's a life in danger.

But now the guy's in jail and the cop is dead over *** marijuana.

That's some stupid ***.
By Voren 2014-12-21 07:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
They shouldn't have been in the man's house, and they wouldn't have got shot.

There's no reason to use a no-knock warrant unless there's a life in danger.

I forget what the warrant service was for, iirc it was a felony warrant and not a search warrant, but don't quote me.

Most no-knock warrants I've seen have been search warrants. Reason for no-knock is to help prevent destruction of evidence and to hopefully prevent the suspect from arming themselves and turning a situation into a stand-off. I don't like them myself, but that's just me. It all depends upon what you know is behind that door.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-21 07:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The case I recall was in Texas, if it was another case then never mind.

I'll stand by my statement of the only reason being a life threatening one, like potential hostage situations.

Which is at the same time really the only time SWAT should be used, as lolwtf...

Destruction of evidence is a bad excuse.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-21 08:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If Wilson would have had a camera on the entire Ferguson incident would have been a lot smoother to deal with assuming the powers that be didn't redact and edit evidence.
Hard to say, depends on the angle of the camera.

Camera is usually front facing from chest level. There's also a mic for audio and if it's like what I've got then it's clear and doesn't pick up a lot of wind.
That's what I meant.

In the Brown case, the officer was assaulted while he was in a sitting position in his squad car. In other words, his chestpiece would be facing the front of the car, not towards Brown during the attack.

Audio is a different thing. The audio could have proven the officer's innocence, as long as the audio clearly states the events in question. Video is harder to disprove than audio, but video wouldn't have been available in this case.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-21 08:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

In a society where people actively shoot officers because they are officers, I will continue to say that officer's lives are more valuable than civilians, because, even knowing that they will be shot at, harassed, disrespected, and generally demonized by the public, they still chose to work at this profession and uphold the law in society's best interest.

I'm not saying that we should let the bad cops get off. We should actually punish those types of officers more severely for misusing the public trust. I'm saying that we should hold cops to a higher standard, and we ourselves should hold cops to a higher value, than we really do.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-12-21 09:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In a society where people actively shoot officers because they are officers, I will continue to say that officer's lives are more valuable than civilians, because, even knowing that they will be shot at, harassed, disrespected, and generally demonized by the public, they still chose to work at this profession and uphold the law in society's best interest.
Attempting to place relative value on lives based on profession is problematic. For example, one could argue that doctors, nurses, teachers, scientists, and engineers offer/contribute more to society than police.
I'm not saying that we should let the bad cops get off. We should actually punish those types of officers more severely for misusing the public trust. I'm saying that we should hold cops to a higher standard, and we ourselves should hold cops to a higher value, than we really do.
The problem is holding officers to the same standard, let alone a more stringent one. Frankly, if corrupt/improper practices by police was prosecuted harshly, this conversation would probably not exist.
By fonewear 2014-12-21 09:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we should hold FFXIAH posters to a higher standard...for we are the true heroes and keepers of truth !
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-21 09:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't always generalize cops but when I do it is on a video game forum.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-21 09:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If a no-knock warrant is executed incorrectly, not the cops fault. If someone dies or killed during the incorrect execution, definately not their fault. Because they were "doing their job in good faith" or "feared for their lives".

Also, you are wrong.

Quote:

— Rev. Al Sharpton

Quote:

— Brooklyn NAACP

Can't take serious because Al Sharpton was quoted. Never has someone been more detrimental to a cause then Al Sharpton.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-21 10:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Attempting to place relative value on lives based on profession is problematic. For example, one could argue that doctors, nurses, teachers, scientists, and engineers offer/contribute more to society than police.
That's the problem then.

Doctors, teachers, scientists, engineers, businesspeople, cops, they all contribute more to society than thugs, criminals, slobs, idiots, and the like.

But yet, lately the media has been glorifying the criminals and victimizing them when they break the law and assault officers, and people have the gall to defend their actions, saying that the officers were harassing/attacking those "innocent" thugs when in reality, the officers were defending their lives.

I'm not saying that what the NYC cop did to that guy was justified, but you can't honestly believe that the Brown case, the case that can be attributed to this recent racial tension, even though Brown has been found to be at fault for this, is worth the unjustified tension between races in recent days. Heck, these racial killings of police officers can be indirectly attributed to the Brown case.

The problem is holding officers to the same standard, let alone a more stringent one. Frankly, if corrupt/improper practices by police was prosecuted harshly, this conversation would probably not exist.
If we had a Justice Department worth a damn, instead of inciting/instigating these racial issues for political capital, we would have a more ideal national police system.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-21 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Justice Department what a joke. I'd take Judge Judy over Eric Holder any day.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-12-21 10:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Isn't it interesting, that article doesn't tell you the race of the shooter.. Unlike EVERY single article about brown... Two white cops killed by black man.. Where do we white folk go to riot, loot, and burn down ***!?! Oh that's right "insert comment not meant to be racist but is 100% true.) Glad I live out in the middle of nowhere, this is only gonna get worse from here.

The killer, Ismaaiyl Brinsley, is black and the two murdered police offers are hispanic and asian; Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu. The killer also murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore earlier that day.
By fonewear 2014-12-21 10:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They very title of the thread equates that races aren't on even ground. It is always one race pitted against each other. So from the very beginning this thread had zero hope.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-12-21 10:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If DoJ wants to track those then by all means, would actually be nice to have hard statistics to go off of, but who needs that when we have media and general public to vilify police.

The DoJ only keeps track of self reported statistics for deaths by police.
out of 17,000~ police departments, 750~ self reported

Quote:
Quote:

If a person is willing to gun down a cop, you think they give twoshits about the average citizen? I don't condone officers taking "justice" into their own hands, I prefer an arrest to be made, but those that kill cops don't usually lay down their guns and say "sorry, my bad, I'm giving up".
Anytime cops take justice into their own hands they become vigilants and cease to be law abiding citizens.

If they want to take revenge, fine. Personal choice on their part. However, they should receive the same punishments as a civilian doing the same thing (revenge crimes)

Quote:
Quote:
If a no-knock warrant is executed incorrectly, not the cops fault. If someone dies or killed during the incorrect execution, definitely not their fault. Because they were "doing their job in good faith" or "feared for their lives".

1 guy was not indicted in TX by a grand jury because of TX self-defense law.

1 guy out of how many?
couple of examples

Quote:
Quote:

Did you see the "toy" gun? The airsoft gun was a replica of a M1911A1 Colt .45ACP. I wouldn't have shot unless the gun was brandished and being actively pointed at someone (myself or another person) so there in lies that difference. If you think for a second I'm going to wait to verify if that gun is real you're delusional. Point a gun at me or another person, toy or not, and I'm 10 ringing you and not going to stop pulling the trigger until you're down and the threat is eliminated. I've been on the wrong end of a gun, it's not a warm and fuzzy place to be, and if you haven't been in that place you've got not clue one of what it feels like.
The kid in Ohio was shot immediately when the cop exited the vehicle
video
The guy in walmart was shot after dropping gun, responded to police being told not to run and was shot again. This was an open carry state. The situation was immediatly escalated because (according to department) a perfect storm situation: recent training, bad information from the caller, air gun left out in the asile, etc.
video

Quote:
I love the militarize argument. Go look up the bank robbery in Los Angeles in the 1990's. Police were out gunned badly. Police aren't proactive, we're reactive. Every bit of our gear that's become more militarized isn't because of a just in case, it's because some criminal has decided to push the boundaries a bit further and made departments realize they need X type or amount of gear to counter act criminal activity. You don't like it, tell criminals to quit getting guns.
Local police departments do not need MRAP's. They do not need grenade launchers.

They also need a hell of a lot more training because there have been more accidents using this equipment then there should be.

They also have a problem keeping track of their equipment
Quote:
Fusion has learned that 184 state and local police departments have been suspended from the Pentagon’s “1033 program” for missing weapons or failure to comply with other guidelines. We uncovered a pattern of missing M14 and M16 assault rifles across the country, as well as instances of missing .45-caliber pistols, shotguns and 2 cases of missing Humvee vehicles.

Quote:
Every day there's a child shot for playing with a toy gun? No, not even close. If that was the case Hasbro would be put out of business (makers of Nerf guns).

SWAT used every time in non-violent situations....LMFAO no.
No, I meant every time this happens, every day that this occurs. Not this occurs every day. Sorry for the confusion.

SWAT teams are used a disproportionate amount from police departments through the IRS teams.
Quote:
estimates that SWAT teams were deployed about 3,000 times in 1980 but are now used around 50,000 times a year. Some cities use them for routine patrols in high-crime areas. Baltimore and Dallas have used them to break up poker games. In 2010 New Haven, Connecticut sent a SWAT team to a bar suspected of serving under-age drinkers. That same year heavily-armed police raided barber shops around Orlando, Florida; they said they were hunting for guns and drugs but ended up arresting 34 people for “barbering without a licence”. Maricopa County, Arizona sent a SWAT team into the living room of Jesus Llovera, who was suspected of organising cockfights. Police rolled a tank into Mr Llovera’s yard and killed more than 100 of his birds, as well as his dog.

Quote:
Quote:

I hate to admit this, but yeah this is true. It's all about articulating a report plain and simple. It's hard to get a cop convicted unless it's outright caught with nothing to fall back on. I hate dirty cops, said that many times on here, absolutely hate them.
This is a probelm and one of the main reasons people are upset throughout the country. It's not just about one or two cases in one or two departments.
By fonewear 2014-12-21 10:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell with cops let's start a vigilante group and police ourselves !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-21 10:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"Oh your powers of deduction are exceptional. I simply can't allow you to waste them here when there are so many crimes going unsolved at this very moment. Go! Go! For the good of the city!" CBG
By fonewear 2014-12-21 10:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cops are responsible for more deaths then the war in Afghanistan and Iraq combined !

I won't sit by and let this happen I demand justice now ! Hell with due process justice now !

Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-12-21 10:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the problem then.

Doctors, teachers, scientists, engineers, businesspeople, cops, they all contribute more to society than thugs, criminals, slobs, idiots, and the like.

But yet, lately the media has been glorifying the criminals and victimizing them when they break the law and assault officers, and people have the gall to defend their actions, saying that the officers were harassing/attacking those "innocent" thugs when in reality, the officers were defending their lives.

I'm not saying that what the NYC cop did to that guy was justified, but you can't honestly believe that the Brown case, the case that can be attributed to this recent racial tension, even though Brown has been found to be at fault for this, is worth the unjustified tension between races in recent days. Heck, these racial killings of police officers can be indirectly attributed to the Brown case.
Except tension between the races has existed for some time, as well as the tension between police and civilians, and the disparity in treatment of the races.

What should be sincerely asked is how did two separate incidents which started with pretty innocuous crimes, managed to escalate to deaths. Crap like that is going to happen. You *are* going to have crazy people, willing to do crazy (and stupid, dangerous) things. Are these isolated incidents? All signs in Ferguson, at least, pointed to that it isn't an isolated incident in how the department is run. And given how NYPD has acted with regards to stop-and-frisk, profiling, surveillance, it indicates that it likely isn't an isolated incident either.

Police are almost always outnumbered by the general public they are policing. If the public perceives that the police are interested in protecting the police, rather than the public, well...
By fonewear 2014-12-21 10:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we get justice yet ? How many pages on this thread before justice ?
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-12-21 11:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Did we get justice yet ? How many pages on this thread before justice ?

[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-21 15:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

we here plenty of one side vs the other, but id figured id post this response from a democrat former mayor against other democrats about the incident with the black guy killing two cops.

Quote:

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani attributed the execution-style assassination of two police officers on Saturday afternoon to the protests that broke out across the city following a grand jury’s failure to indict a police officer for killing Eric Garner.

“We’ve had four months of propaganda starting with the president that everybody should hate the police,” Giuliani said during an appearance on Fox News on Sunday. “The protests are being embraced, the protests are being encouraged. The protests, even the ones that don’t lead to violence, a lot of them lead to violence, all of them lead to a conclusion. The police are bad, the police are racist. That is completely wrong.”

Giuliani then argued that most of the city’s violence is centered in the black community through so-called “black against black” crime and heralded the police for keeping African Americans safe. “Actually, the people who do the most for the black community in America are the police,” he explained.

Since Saturday’s killing a host of conservatives — including former New York Gov. George Pataki (R) — blamed DeBlasio or Attorney General Eric Holder for inciting the kind of anti-police fervor that led 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley to ambush and murder two officers, shooting them point-blank in the head as they sat in their patrol car in Brooklyn before killing himself at a nearby subway platform.

Brinsley, allegedly wrote in an Instagram post, “I’m Putting Wings on Pigs Today. They Take 1 Of Ours…Let’s Take 2 of Theirs #ShootThePolice #RIPErivGardner #RIPMikeBrown.” He concluded with, “This May Be My Final Post.”

Immediately following the killing, Pat Lynch, the president of the largest police union in New York City, said there was “blood on many hands tonight” including “those that incited violence on the street under the guise of protest” and starting with “the office of the mayor.”

Giuliani rejected that characterization saying, “I think it goes to far to blame the mayor for the murder or to ask for the mayor’s resignation. But I don’t think it goes too far to say that the mayor did not properly police the protests.” He blamed DeBlasio for allowing the protesters to “take over the streets” and “hurt police officers” and pledged that he would have confined the protesters to certain areas had he been mayor.

The former mayor also criticized President Barack Obama, Holder, and Al Sharpton for addressing the underlining racial tensions behind the failure to indict the white police officers who killed Garner and Mike Brown in Ferguson. “They have created an atmosphere of severe, strong, anti-police hatred in certain communities. For that, they should be ashamed of themselves,” he said.

Source
By Jetackuu 2014-12-21 15:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So much stupidity, that guy was a mayor, that's scary.
By Enuyasha 2014-12-21 16:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
So much stupidity, that guy was a mayor, that's scary.
Doesnt surprise me, since people elect their elected officials for selfish and entirely stupidity based reasons nowadays. Its a blanket statement, since there ARE people that would much rather elect someone that actually does their job for the purpose their job was set up for.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14