users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Suggestions on first REM
Suggestions on first REM
 Bahamut.Paddycakes
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Paddycakes 2014-12-18 11:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that ive come back to the game i really like to accomplish the goal of a REM. Question is i dont know which one to make. Should i make a bandwagon job one ? (Sam, pld, brd)? Or should i focus on making one for a job i like to play first.

At this point i cant decide on what job to be so maybe some suggestions on making a REM might sway me in one direction or another, thanks in advance.!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 11:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Never bandwagon. Make the RME for the Job you play the most. It's far better to make a thing you will enjoy, than to make a weapon for a job you're going to be stuck on and will grow to hate.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2014-12-18 11:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I made my Kikoku because i like to play ninja... i did at least. So now i have a relic in my mh, that's really sad if you think about it.

Make a REM that you want and is useful at least.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 11:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to do relic, make bandwagon because those are cheaper and faster than the others.

If its mythic or empy, normally it will takes couple of months till its complete, so its possible the bandwagon will change till you finishes it.

The important is to think, as you can have any job in game, you can also have any rem too. There is no real bad bandwagoning, because thats a distorted opinion of pragmatism. People need to complete their goals, there is nothing wrong in using the available tools that will help them efficiently complete those goals, and normally bandwagon is the name for those efficient tools.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-18 11:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Do what you like the most I did aegis rag then apoc for the fun then made ghorn for profit
By BlaTheTaru 2014-12-18 11:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It all depends on what makes you happy! If you just love one job above all else then make a weapon for that job. If you love being invited to events then make a high demand weapon. Its your money and its your time. Cater to what matters to you. I made an annihilator and a mandau. I love them both but neither of them are the hottest thing out right now. I'm in the process of making a vajra and honestly if thf becomes bottom tier dd tomorrow I won't care. Thf for life!
 Odin.Jsmooth
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2014-12-18 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't go wrong with gun rng! Bandwagon, or as a buddy says "Winwagon" dd's currently are sam and thf. Dnc as well, although I dont fancy dnc.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-12-18 11:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A better question to ask is what do you enjoy playing more? What are your goals in the game at the moment? If you're looking to join a group and hoping to contribute (w/o minding to play a job(s) that you normally don't play), then yeah bandwagon, why not. But if you're looking for more personal fun and satisfaction, then make a REM for the job you play the most. Even if people will say it sucks, they're not the ones paying your monthly fees; You are.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-18 12:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Daurabla 99 because it will never be replaced
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-18 12:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

For situations that don't require scherzo, it already has been
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-18 12:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And though I may not fall into said category, I'll never cease to be annoyed by those who attribute some inherent evil with "bandwagoning". Having a love for playing the strongest DD, for instance, is no less legitimate than having a love for a particular job. You're drawn to and enjoy particular qualities. Your pride, or rather, your need for hyperindividuality does not make their job selection process bad or unhealthy(on the personal or meta scale).

Unfortunately for those who do value performance over all else, security is limited. Paradigms change on a whim, and your efforts(particular with regard to building REM) may be devalued without notice. In that respect, enjoy yourself, but tread lightly
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-18 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jsmooth said: »
Can't go wrong with gun rng! Bandwagon, or as a buddy says "Winwagon" dd's currently are sam and thf. Dnc as well, although I dont fancy dnc.

All three of those (non-rng) jobs currently only really benefit from the mythic.

I guess if you wanted to get Twashtar to 119 but looooool
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-12-18 12:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I made aegis rag and I just couldn't stomach dyna any more even though I started ghorn before I quit. I got a ton of use out of those 2 relics. However I would suggest making it for the job you love you will get more satisfaction out of it. Lack of playtime and grinding the same old ***is what made me quit in the end so don't go bonkers doing it too.
 Odin.Jsmooth
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2014-12-18 12:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

fudo/rudra/dnc ws has nothing to do with mythics, although preferred weap for those 3. Non mythic on those jobs aside, still very strong dd's due to past 2 updates.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 12:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not make this thread again.
Odin.Jsmooth said: »
fudo/rudra/dnc ws has nothing to do with mythics, although preferred weap for those 3. Non mythic on those jobs aside, still very strong dd's due to past 2 updates.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-18 12:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go pld, ppl expect Aegis and Ochain so it's double work ;)
Most of the jobs do fine with Delve counterparts, so it's really up to you tbh...Making a Tizona for my BLU, and a Annihilator for those times i can't melee stuff up! :P
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 13:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Check this out, the augments i got with my Linos.

Stone +1.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-12-18 13:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Check this out, the augments i got with my Linos.

Stone +1.
Lol woulda been more believable if the tachi part wasn't blurred a little.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-18 13:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Koga is now out of the bandwagon status, so now make a vajra.

screw d harp who wants to play bard all the time. big numbers is where its at.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-12-18 13:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said: »
I made my Kikoku because i like to play ninja... i did at least. So now i have a relic in my mh, that's really sad if you think about it.y

Make a REM that you want and is useful at least.

Are you saying Kikoku is not useful? Or that you played it so much you got bored of it? Kikoku is great compared to where some relics sit. Especially with Metsu getting a buff!

OP: As others have stated, make whatever the hell you want for the job you enjoy playing. If your going for utility, gun/bow offer that for high tier content DD wise for hate management. If your looking for more of the tanking aspect, shield is a good as well. Good luck!
 Bahamut.Paddycakes
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Paddycakes 2014-12-18 13:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you guys have given me something to think about lol. I think im gonna end up doing whm so i have something for group content. Then work on a REM with a job i like to play. I dont see too many people ask for a specific DD on pugs i see shouting, sometimes rng and im working on that really slowly too.

Now the question is wth job do i want to play o_O.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-12-18 14:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you don't know which job you like I think you've got the horse before the cart as far as rem goes.
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-12-18 14:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Yagrush then, makes whm awesome.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-18 14:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My mythic choice (Nirvana) was based on the job I love and enjoy the most over everything else. There's absolutely no point in spending several hundred million gil and months on end of prerequisites to make something for a job you could potentially grow to loathe.

That being said, I also enjoy WHM and GEO very much and will at some point pursue a mythic for one of those jobs next.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2014-12-18 15:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do whatever you're going to get the most use from. You can always do whatever makes you happy but at the end of the day, you might realize months from now that it makes you unhappy because its a useless pile of trash that cant compete with its easily obtained counterparts.

my suggestion is ochain/aegis. dont think id ever ask someone to come pld without it.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-18 15:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

for invites: koga, yagrush, aegis+ochain, annihilator, ghorn+daurdabla

for fun: everything else as long as you enjoy X job.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-18 20:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

I put out big numbers plus dharp. And healing jobs.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-18 21:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe you put out ok numbers but really why even have the option. its more important to be the best dd (thf-sam) then do anything else. why wait time on rem that doesnt do that~
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-18 21:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe you put out ok numbers but really why even have the option. its more important to be the best dd (thf-sam) then do anything else. why wait time on rem that doesnt do that~

someone have to be bard !!!! lol