Looking For Mentor!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Looking for Mentor!
Looking for Mentor!
By Zackan 2014-12-18 03:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got back from game, and I decided to go BST Main. i plan on maining jobs in this order 1: Bst, 2: Sam 3: Bard

I am looking for someone who can give me life lessons in the way of playing Beastmaster Properly.. Gear Sets, pet advice, and other stuff along those lines.

I am on Bahamut Server so that would be perfect, but if your willing we could just chat on here, either in private messages or we could chat via this topic and maybe others would benefit from my questions.
 Asura.Kaoriasada
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-18 04:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sacrifice your pet to Satan
open a portal to hell through your jugs
summon dark minions
take over vana'diel
profit
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 04:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I will charge 10 millions a day to be mentor of SAM and BRD.

For BST i will give you the lesson free of costs:
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2014-12-18 05:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were on Asura, I would help you out with any questions and any fights you needed.

Sadly, different servers...
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-18 06:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I'm going to guess you have not once played bst?
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-12-18 06:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

shuddup chris gawd
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 06:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped using it after abyssea tbh.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-18 06:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea didn't count
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 07:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea didn't count

Thats why i said it was free.
If my advices for bst were worth a penny i would charge few millons.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-18 07:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
I just got back from game, and I decided to go BST Main. i plan on maining jobs in this order 1: Bst, 2: Sam 3: Bard

I am looking for someone who can give me life lessons in the way of playing Beastmaster Properly.. Gear Sets, pet advice, and other stuff along those lines.

I am on Bahamut Server so that would be perfect, but if your willing we could just chat on here, either in private messages or we could chat via this topic and maybe others would benefit from my questions.

Send me a /tell in game when you're on. I don't BST but I do SAM some, and can help you out there. I also have friends who help people (for free, jesus christ people) who could assist with your BST-ness.

^.^
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-18 08:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you flip around those jobs order, then you will get somewhere. Otherwise be prepared to hear the word 'no' alot often combined with 'bst'.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-18 08:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

OP. No offense but it looks to me like you either purchased your character or burned all your jobs to 99 in aby.

what you need is experience which can not be taught or purchased at any price.

If you are still hell bent on pushing the easy button I recommend finding a bst in game and go watch them farm, if they kick ***, copy the gear and pets and fighting style they use and go try it out.

or grow a pair of balls, grab some sparks gear and some jugs and go figure it out.

If you find a good fellow bst who isn't too busy to ask a few questions of, great but aint nobody got time to hold your wittle hand all day.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-18 08:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
OP. No offense but it looks to me like you either purchased your character or burned all your jobs to 99 in aby.

If you are still hell bent on pushing the easy button I recommend finding a bst in game and go watch them farm, if they kick ***, copy the gear and pets and fighting style they use and go try it out.

or grow a pair of balls, grab some sparks gear and some jugs and go figure it out.

If you find a good fellow bst who isn't too busy to ask a few questions of, great but aint nobody got time to hold your wittle hand all day.

wow your evil, even for me...
By Zackan 2014-12-18 09:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

No my character is not bought, but yes alot of my jobs ARE abyssea burned, the main job that ISN'T abbyssea burned is BlackMage which was my main before i left the game 2 years ago. I would be hopping back onto my blm but unfortunately all signs point towards thats not a worthy pursuit. I ultimately CAN just 'figure it out' but whats the worse that can happen by asking? I get a no? no big deal(actually i guess worst is getting a response like yours^^)

As far as getting no's.. Well I know on Beastmaster.. I won't be getting ANY no's... How do I know this? Because I will not be asking!!! I want to play bst partly because it is a solo job, If i want to do group content that is what Sam and Bard are for.

Oh as an add to what i said earlier, both sam and bard i have experience with, but my main questions come because of my 2 year 'vacation' things have changed.. alot
By Zackan 2014-12-18 09:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
If you were on Asura, I would help you out with any questions and any fights you needed.

Sadly, different servers...

I use to be on that server lol
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-12-18 10:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends what you want to do on BST and what you have access to. Looking at some top-end players based on posts and keeping up with the job.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Quetzalcoatl/Falkirk/#item-sets

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Phunkism/#item-sets

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Sylph/Safiyyah/#item-sets

Those will give you idea of gear sets. Now if you don't have Delve, then sparks gear is a starting point. Reforged artifact/relic gear also a strong option. Ankusa Gloves/+1 a must. A 115/117/119 axe a must, depending what you can get. As for pets:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/114636-Monster-Avatar-Pet-damage?p=6266182&viewfull=1#post6266182

As for solo play, really with trusts almost every job is solo playable now. Once you have 117ish gear and 3 trusts, you can solo anything in the basic zones of Adoulin for good exp and the beginnings of capacity points. I use to BST main a great deal before the expansion, so I don't pretend to be an expert anymore. I just find I can do more with the other jobs I have now. Really, just play what you want.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-18 10:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
I want to play bst partly because it is a solo job,

asking for help means you're missing the whole point of it being a SOLO JOB.

Solo means all by your lonesome.... Get down with your bad self... Looking out for numero uno.... Lone Wolf Mcquade Style... Han Solo... Lonely QQ Lonelyson... Lone wolf cub... Lone gunman, Uno Mano... Johnny Nofriends... /taps you on the head
HELLO!? This Thing On!?
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2014-12-18 11:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
If you flip around those jobs order, then you will get somewhere. Otherwise be prepared to hear the word 'no' alot often combined with 'bst'.

If you 'flip around those jobs order' everyone is going to hate you because your BRD is going to be gimp, everyone is going to hate you because your SAM will lose the parse to a WHM nuking during their down time, and no one is going to invite you on BST to do anything meaningful.

Start farming Dynamis/Salvage on BST(someone said you had all jobs 99, so THF/DNC would probably be a better bet in general than BST), do all of the RoE quests you can, start purchasing the gear you need for either BRD or SAM, gear one incredibly well before you start worrying about the other(preferably BRD, but REMs are pretty much required of BRD now, everyone will expect you to have them). Don't miss logins and sell your Beastly Shanks to me for all the free gil in the world because *** Defending Ring.
[+]
By Zackan 2014-12-18 11:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why people keep even mentioning 'no one will invite bst to anything meaningful' I expect that noone will invite bst period lol...