users online
Forum » FFXI » General » x.x
x.x
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-14 19:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooo someone I know screwed up slightly and accidentally deleted Steam, which seems to have jacked up the FFXI files.

Did a filecheck, POL loads up just fine, number of files matches mine and I can log in just fine.

They, on the other hand, crashga V as soon as the POL viewer closes and the game itself opens.

I tried a system rollback, I tried eyeballing the files themselves to make sure there was no weird locations, I reinstalled Steam and am prepared to do a fresh install... except Steam seems to not want to work for some reason.

Teh Krizz used to have installation stuff on his site, I know, but when I looked it seemed to be absent.

How can I fix this in a reasonable amount of time? Anyone? Please ^.^
By Zackan 2014-12-14 19:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Install the game externally
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-14 19:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have discs; I guess I should have clarified.

My personal copy was from Amazon (and for some reason, they don't have record of it.... dumb) and theirs used Steam registration codes, and IDKwhat for the actual download.

Can I theoretically filedump everything I have onto a disk and do it that way?
 Cerberus.Rabies
Server: Cerberus
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-12-14 19:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html

Can download game from SE site, I had to do it back when I built a new computer and was missing CDs. Not sure if they still work they might but I think it was during free to play campaign when it worked for me.
By Zackan 2014-12-14 19:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html?pageID=media
By Zackan 2014-12-14 19:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

dang beat me to it
By Zackan 2014-12-14 19:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

use the link i gave instead if you run on win vista/7, if your OS is older than that then use the link Rabies gave you.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-14 19:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG Thank you so much. Linky works just fine.

:D

+1 Seeks cookie to you ^^
\...and Zackan gets one as well <3
By Zackan 2014-12-14 19:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

p.s. when last I played i was unable to get windower(and its plug ins) to work with the Steam Version... i don't know if thats changed, but this is why its also better to have it installed NOT on steam. Now something you can do is 'add game' to your steam library, this lets you still run it and it will change your profile to 'playing non steam game FFXI) when you start it up, if you like letting others know what you are doing.