Forum » FFXI » General » Capacity Points Party & Support Roles
Capacity Points Party & Support Roles
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tarquine 2014-12-12 19:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings new CP enthusiasts

As the SUP1 & gifts start to slowly sink in, I am seeing many shouts which demand <insert optimal support/DD>

Hey, if you want to spend 60+ mins shouting for a"5/6 CP pt: BRD {Can I have it}" then all power to you and the 4 other patient folks. I sincerely have nothing against people putting optimal parties together etc.

My [almost rhetorical] question is this, how many people realise that once a BRD/GEO/COR has capped their CP there is absolutely zero interest from them to join a CP party in that role? Further, do they also realise that anyone who has even been casually goofing about on BRD/GEO/COR with Outer RK, Delve, Incursion etc. will almost be capped on CP without even trying?

The same applies to most DD/support roles. CP isn't like merit points where you could use any job to fill them up.

To those who need it spelled out:

If you want to spend 60+ mins shouting for specific roles to swing and hit mobs in a pt where sushi can bridge a lot of the gap, then more power to you. At the same time, don't be a silly billy and give sh** to those who think that an hour wasted could be better spent doing something over nothing.

EDIT: This should have come with the following disclaimer: Warning - Drunk guy rambling
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-12 19:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
+

Max Haste increases Attack Phase speed by 500% this is why people want just a BRD or GEO for this alone! it's a big thing.

besides the real pros take BRD npcs that you can call in party...!
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2014-12-13 02:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
besides the real pros take BRD npcs that you can call in party...!

I did suggest that, it wasn't received well.
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2014-12-13 03:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"I don't care, but I'm going to tell you why I do."
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2014-12-13 03:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh 3 melee a mage and the 2 bard npcs are prolly the easiest way to go and would take like 3~ shouts to fill. But most ppl just wouldn't do it, as time passes it will become more acceptable as ppl accept no one wants to play these jobs for grinding exp/jp(Last I looked BRD JP where not really amazing to start with I can't speak for COR or GEO).

Down sides to it are if the melee person w/ the npcs needs to afk/afks/goldfish on fire, your pt will grind to a halt or at least comparably to with them. Also no sleeps for pulls adds if its relevant.
[+]
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2014-12-13 03:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hirokei said: »
"I don't care, but I'm going to tell you why I do."

See drunk guy disclaimer :-p
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-12-13 04:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

we went out to try something new yesterday and it worked pretty well trio in Sih gates II, Umbrills are oneshot and dullahans go down to 20% with 1 ws . with 30% cp cape they gave us 1300-1500 cp each .

cor . cor . rdm . (wsavg 11800)
By Chyula 2014-12-13 04:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you better cap jp before all the brd cap it. I don't think SE will change anything without broken another support job by giving an alternative to song haste. sch, dnc, sch will be overpower if they get an alternative to song haste, maybe SE should change garuda haste to replace song haste or changing rdm's haste II to something that can replace song haste.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-13 07:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of shouting for a brd for 2hrs just call a trust
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-12-13 07:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dho Styls mobs (level 122) are not problem with trusts unless a few month ago you were like "nobody needs ACC ever" and built full Qaaxo C and Tinhaspa A for your Mnk for example.

Only Woh gates level (124-126) should need a real BRD/COR/GEO for Support.
By cervelo84 2014-12-13 17:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

910 + /checkparam and hunter roll + max accuracy food is enough for Who gates.

If your new to the game then with accuracy food and spark gear I suggest soloing in Morimar. Near flux 4 is a huge density of monsters and they give 150-400 cp a kill. With the event going on now it's near 500 a kill.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 18:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Dho Styls mobs (level 122) are not problem with trusts unless a few month ago you were like "nobody needs ACC ever" and built full Qaaxo C and Tinhaspa A for your Mnk for example.

I go with a WHM and call 2 brd npcs and a RDM.

72k CP an hour in current ampaign not a full party.............

whats the issue again? This is WoH Gates btw. People use the excuse if "those brds suck" and granted they do suck, but it's Easily doable you just have to not suck yourself and blame others for your incompetence.

PLay the job right and it's a non issue.

Furthermore~ BLU COR GEO is best Magic Burn Set up
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-12-13 22:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the issue again? This is WoH Gates btw. People use the excuse if "those brds suck" and granted they do suck, but it's Easily doable you just have to not suck yourself and blame others for your incompetence.

The "issue" is the people you pick up for a Woh Gate party. For pickup "play your job right" usually doesn't float. You might want to bring the right jobs there.

If you go with friends throw everything I said out.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 22:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The "issue" is the people you pick up for a Woh Gate party. For pickup "play your job right" usually doesn't float. You might want to bring the right jobs there.

If you go with friends throw everything I said out.

True enough, but I'm a Big believer in saying "if you are not ready for this area, leave and do an easier one till you are".

We're not all supposed to clear all content within seconds, some people are better and will/do better, people who are not as good/geared should take the time to get at least some basic armors and learn how their jobs work.