Forum » FFXI » General » Delve v1 Bee
Delve v1 Bee
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-13 18:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I'm not calling a mythic SAM gimp, I have no idea where that could have come from. We were discussing Mythic THF vs BLU in a piercing weak zone, and I was responding to Cervelo who said that BLU isn't a heavy DD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-13 18:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the gearset for a Mythic sam to be 11% behind a blu?
ItemSet 331575
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-13 18:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done any calculations myself, but multiple people have run the numbers and found BLU to be approximately 11% ahead of a mythic SAM in terms of solely damage, not factoring in SC damage. Again, not my findings, only what I've read from others that have regularly been correct with their calculations.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 18:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Is this the gearset for a Mythic sam to be 11% behind a blu?
ItemSet 331575

It's been matched by Prothescar ~ this is ofc not including skillchains and is raw damage only.

You can sit there and be in denial alll you want, but it's serious.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-13 18:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'd disagree, but what we have here is a rare opportunity.

I'll play along, let's all spread this information like wildfire, so the bandwagon shitballs all get on BLU instead of embarrassing THFs (and DNCs).

BLU is the best DD in the game, make sure you tell all your friends.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 18:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'd disagree, but what we have here is a rare opportunity.

I'll play along, let's all spread this information like wildfire, so the bandwagon shitballs all get on BLU instead of embarrassing THFs (and DNCs).

BLU is the best DD in the game, make sure you tell all your friends.

Maths is Maths and therefore infallible. It is by Nature the only true science because of this.

Your only real argument is "is the blus level of skill good enough to maintain all buffs perfectly and have every single set optimized including casting sets to get the required time not casting buffs to keep their melee damage high enough to win?"

Thats the real issue. If you can, then a BLU can win on Damage along, SC is normally what makes SAM Crush a BLU however.

You make it sound like the shitballs didn't already Try blu and gave it a bad rep already.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-13 18:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

BRB getting Tizona and putting on BLU gear. New bandwagon go!
[+]
By cervelo84 2014-12-13 22:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

First reason Sam is hard DD and parses top is simply because all they have to do is Spam Ws's, blu has to set up skillchian , buffs, things that take away from there white dps/ ws
( I refer to Blu as fluff dps, they enhance the Hard Dps more ( like DNC)

Second is Samurai can self skillchain 5-6-7 way skillchain IF the other dps doesn't interfere with their WS's. ( which hardly ever happens unless specifically told so at the start )

Primarily what hold Blu back is the fact that they build tp to slowly. The other day I was with a THF in a capacity point Party. I was on Thief also. I used the perfect combination of accuracy gear as did he. I out parsed him by 2 % at the end of 2 hours. Why? He used THF AF armor ( he said he like big boy numbers) I used Thaumas. Also I used Store tp legs and earring. Boils down to who gets tp faster. Blu is just to slow with attacks and doesn't have optimal gear to reach 1k tp in 3-4 sec like a sam or Mnk. Or THF for that matter.

Edit: Tziona certainly puts Blu closer to Hard DD numbers, but most blu don't gear properly with it. Outdated gear like Thaumas is still the best in slot. Obviously not the best choice for CL128+ but most of what we do is not Cl128. A blu should first aim for proper accuracy. Then aim for double/ triple attack gear. Then finally get at least 10-20 Store tp gear. 10-20 extra tp per swing adds up quick.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-13 22:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is the best DD in the game right now, the new bandwagon, the best of the best of the best.

You saw the math, better than SAM. Toss your Kogas and join the bluclub.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 22:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
First reason Sam is hard DD and parses top is simply because all they have to do is Spam Ws's, blu has to set up skillchian , buffs, things that take away from there white dps/ ws
( I refer to Blu as fluff dps, they enhance the Hard Dps more ( like DNC)

Second is Samurai can self skillchain 5-6-7 way skillchain IF the other dps doesn't interfere with their WS's. ( which hardly ever happens unless specifically told so at the start )

Primarily what hold Blu back is the fact that they build tp to slowly. The other day I was with a THF in a capacity point Party. I was on Thief also. I used the perfect combination of accuracy gear as did he. I out parsed him by 2 % at the end of 2 hours. Why? He used THF AF armor ( he said he like big boy numbers) I used Thaumas. Also I used Store tp legs and earring. Boils down to who gets tp faster. Blu is just to slow with attacks and doesn't have optimal gear to reach 1k tp in 3-4 sec like a sam or Mnk. Or THF for that matter.

Edit: Tziona certainly puts Blu closer to Hard DD numbers, but most blu don't gear properly with it. Outdated gear like Thaumas is still the best in slot. Obviously not the best choice for CL128+ but most of what we do is not Cl128. A blu should first aim for proper accuracy. Then aim for double/ triple attack gear. Then finally get at least 10-20 Store tp gear. 10-20 extra tp per swing adds up quick.

And this is where you have made a fool of yourself.

Blue can get 1k tp in 4.75~ Seconds. This set was posted in BLU forms ~

Moving on
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-13 22:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[Previous Post Removed]

Apologies, I think I've misunderstood this situation.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-13 22:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

People seriously report other people? Like honestly? Big babies.

(Legitimate question)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-13 22:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cervelo, you sound like a lot of butthurt and salt. Not lying about the numbers. They were both mythic THF. It likely added up to killing more adds than the other Mythic THF, but the boss was all that mattered really.

Don't have the parse result because I don't save them (who does?) and the name of the other THF is irrelevant, since what I ultimately said was: THF rocks this zone.

Of course, you wanted a reason to call out BLU. Feel tough now?
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-13 22:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

People seriously report other people? Like honestly? Big babies.

(Legitimate question)
It's meant to help us take care of actual problems but occasionally it gets abused. If I'm missing something in this little situation you can fill me in via PM.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-14 01:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

None reported valli yet?

Not even for fun?
By Nyruul 2014-12-14 02:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What would reporting a troll really do anyways? Maybe if enough people do so then they get a ban, but never permanent. Has the same effect as throwing a junky in a methadone clinic. Eventually they get their freedom and their "pursuit of happiness" becomes once more.

But hey what do I know, apparently I'm a...
By Pantafernando 2014-12-14 02:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
What would reporting a troll really do anyways? Maybe if enough people do so then they get a ban, but never permanent. Has the same effect as throwing a junky in a methadone clinic. Eventually they get their freedom and their "pursuit of happiness" becomes once more.

But hey what do I know, apparently I'm a...

Bear?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-14 03:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It was one guy being a dbag reporting every post I make pissing off the mods.

I wasn't even trolling, totally srs. Y'all should BLU it up, cause reasons.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-12-14 04:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk, that's pretty fast to me, but I was just eyeballing and I was a side-show BLU for the most part. Could have been slightly quicker or longer, but it was dead before I could even really get into the fight.

It is possible to kill bee in less than 2 min wayyyyy before 1st ws update with ranged ws. So, doesn't sound great on it.