Delve v1 Bee
First Page 2
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-12-12 13:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I just came back ish and am pretty rusty with this zone. What set up is used to beat 1-5B 6man? Gonna be trying this pug style so I'm not really expecting yoichi sam etc. Any strategy would be greatly appreciated.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-12 13:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm/blm stun sam brd whm other 2 spots optional
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-12 13:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If pug you might want to bring a rng as safety net
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-12 13:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple THFs and/or DNCs should do well in there now. You'll just want some different damage types on Mastop so all that piercing doesn't drop down to 0 quickly.

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Rdm/blm stun
I prefer GEO. Dat Frailty/Fury.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-12 13:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Couple THFs and/or DNCs should do well in there now. You'll just want some different damage types on Mastop so all that piercing doesn't drop down to 0 quickly.

Rdm/blm stun

Pug though there is prob 1 geo per server who can stun lol rdm near fool proof
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-12-12 13:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Can be done 4man with avg players? Also what's the most important job because I'd rather play that and win, then rely on a pug ): no offense to anybody!

Rdm/blm stun

Would nuking (T1/T2) work to balance out the dmg?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-12 14:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

TBQH, and some people are going to probably rank on me for saying this, the NEW setup for Bee delve is as follows:

THF x2
Insert any other DD here for <Non-elemental DMG, magical damage i.e. MNK, BLU> for Gnat (requiescat or formless for MNK works great)
BRD or COR
WHM
GEO/Stunner

I say "new" because everyone know about the THF dagger/Rudra update.

All jokes aside, just did Bee delve the day the update ended with Mythic THFx2 BLU (me) WHM BRD SCH or RDM (forget what he was) and the Damn boss lasted roughly 2.5 minutes. One of the Mythic THF almost tripled my damage (though most of that was due to me keeping Nature's Meditation up, and winds-ing other debuffs), and the other THF did twice my damage on boss. I parsed ahead of second mythic thf on everything else but the Boss.

Not exaggerating in the least bit either. Rudra's is so damn broken awesome, and given the fact that THF deals piercing damage with daggers, they both win in white damage and ws damage on Bee. Only thing that can still beat it is Mythic/Relic SAM spamming Namas I'm sure.

Try it out for yourself if you don't believe me. Boss went from 100% - 40% in a matter of sheer seconds. It's a great way to get THF involved in some content for a change, too!
By mortontony1 2014-12-12 14:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd bet an equally geared dnc could out damage a thf.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-12 14:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
TBQH, and some people are going to probably rank on me for saying this, the NEW setup for Bee delve is as follows:

THF x2
Insert any other DD here for <Non-elemental DMG, magical damage i.e. MNK, BLU> for Gnat (requiescat or formless for MNK works great)
BRD or COR
WHM
GEO/Stunner

All jokes aside, just did Bee delve the day the update ended with Mythic THFx2 BLU (me) WHM BRD SCH or RDM (forget what he was) and the Damn boss lasted roughly 2.5 minutes. One of the Mythic THF almost tripled my damage (though most of that was due to me keeping Nature's Meditation up, and winds-ing other debuffs), and the other THF did twice my damage on boss. I parsed ahead of second mythic thf on everything else but the Boss.

Not exaggerating in the least bit either. Rudra's is so damn broken awesome, and given the fact that THF deals piercing damage with daggers, they both win in white damage and ws damage on Bee. Only thing that can still beat it is Mythic/Relic SAM spamming Namas I'm sure.

Try it out for yourself if you don't believe me. Boss went from 100% - 40% in a matter of sheer seconds. It's a great way to get THF involved in some content for a change, too!

Not to derail a Delve thread, but it's nice to see THF being used so quickly in end-game content following a recent update.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-12 14:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't doubt it. Flourishes and Steps recast is so low, its SC Triple Attack city. Idk how good Violent Flourish lands on bee, but may even be able to scratch the stunner if you can land all your stuns.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-12 14:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the Damn boss lasted roughly 2.5 minutes
That's actually quite a bit slower than I thought 2 Mythic THFs would take it down. :x
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-12 14:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, that's pretty fast to me, but I was just eyeballing and I was a side-show BLU for the most part. Could have been slightly quicker or longer, but it was dead before I could even really get into the fight.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-12 14:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

- Piercing jobs do much better in this zone, especially on Queenie herself. You will probably need at least 1 person who can deal magic damage (whether through magic WS, JAs, or spells) and another for ranged just for speeding up Mastop.
- An alternative to stunning for Queenie is to have a GEO use Vex/Attunement. Of course, a GEO could do both.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-12 14:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »

Can be done 4man with avg players? Also what's the most important job because I'd rather play that and win, then rely on a pug ): no offense to anybody!

Rdm/blm stun

Would nuking (T1/T2) work to balance out the dmg?

It helps but at some point it will start to tip pretty quick. thankfully tho emetic discharge reduces the dt to all types when its used. it doesnt remove it but its good to have some worthless debuff on it at all times like threnodies.

IMO the biggest slow down is the dumb moth. Its better now but I just remember the days of pulling it off to the side while the rest of the group fought the gnat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-12 15:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

the Damn boss lasted roughly 2.5 minutes
That's actually quite a bit slower than I thought 2 Mythic THFs would take it down. :x

Probably lolthieves. Just owning something you bought doesn't mean they're good.

SA Rudra > SA Rudra should do like 30%+ of it's health in 2 seconds. Followed by TA Rudra > TA Rudra...

50 second fight. Unless the blu screws up the skillchains. and/or fail @ blink aura.

((maybe not quite but 150 seconds is way too long))
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-12 15:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds closer to what I had in mind. With Yoichi SAMx2, COR and a 7th (buyer) leeching our bees are under a minute.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-12 15:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

sam sam sam brd cor whm | geo geo

+ 10 buyer/plasm mule

90-120 secs, whole zone's 12-15 min
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2014-12-12 15:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

koga/yoichi sam + 4song brd. congrats on your win
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-12 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't doubt it. Flourishes and Steps recast is so low, its SC Triple Attack city. Idk how good Violent Flourish lands on bee, but may even be able to scratch the stunner if you can land all your stuns.

Dnc stuns land on delve boss (used to do it for tojils but its seriously a waste of my time/attention and before the 99% acc update you still had to worry about miss/diminishing returns.

If you bring a dnc you should be having them burn their SPs,
dnc can do super long SC and end with double darkness for 70k like a wannabe samurai. They'll also pump out more than enough rudra spam that a THF partner will always have one to close on with their SA AC TA rudra. Serious dnc are pretty rare tho, just throw thf at it :P

Requiescat meleecor and a sword blu are good to have for balanced damage type to deal with mastop.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-12 15:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In a PUG it's very difficult to get "good" or even competent peeps for things like Bee as it not the common thing to kill......... like shark DD's sometimes get TOOOMGMYEPEEN to notice distance.

Really RNG SAM BLU SCH WHM BRD is a Safe win, not the fastest but you will destroy everything with BLU JA terror on Mastop etc and RNG makes Muyingwa melt.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-12-12 16:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

THF x2
BRD or COR
WHM
GEO/Stunner

Thf and Dnc have always done well in Ceizak since it's introduction.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-12 16:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
Thf and Dnc have always done well in Ceizak since it's introduction.

Think they were more meaning that in a PUG even a Shitty THF is gong to Destroy since they Doubled~tripled THF WeaponskilDamage.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-12 16:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just giving bare minimum and being pug friendly can tribox it np albeit slower
By cervelo84 2014-12-13 17:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

blu are so annoying, I love shutting them up with a parse. Blu is not a Hard DD job. Period. If this guy says he out-parse'd a mythic thief then he's lying.

Last incursion we did we brought a blu because he was whiney and he stunned the last run so we felt inclined. he said he will hold his won blah blah. Final score me 29% him 14.5%.
By cervelo84 2014-12-13 17:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

and the other THF did twice my damage on boss. I parsed ahead of second mythic thf on everything else but the Boss.

quote]

We want the name and parse of the fight in which you out parse the mythic THF Buuki. If you cannot provide this then you are lying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-13 17:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't gonna say anything, but yeah, for a blu to beat a mythic thf in a zone where everything takes extra piercing damage... the blu is either lying, or the thf was terribad.

Maybe if the blu killed all the adds while the thf was afk lol.
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2014-12-13 17:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
blu are so annoying, I love shutting them up with a parse. Blu is not a Hard DD job. Period. If this guy says he out-parse'd a mythic thief then he's lying.
he actually said the exact opposite but thanks for your input!
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 18:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »

Last incursion we did we brought a blu because he was whiney and he stunned the last run so we felt inclined. he said he will hold his won blah blah. Final score me 29% him 14.5%.

THF is most definitely broken at the minute, however a BLU has been given a nice +75%~81% Weaponskill bonus which does help, but there is no way in hell a BLU can beat THF is gear is equal and skill in a zone that takes double / 900% more damage from piercing (Mastop + Muyingwa)
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-13 18:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak for Bee, as I always COR there, but to say BLU is not a hard DD job is pretty ignorant. It has a ton of powerful tools for DD, and the recent CDC update combined with DW4 helped them even more. However, I am well aware that there are tons of horrible BLUs that drag the image of the job down, more so than other jobs. However, gearing and playing it properly makes it a damn good DD, even in high level events such as incursion, 2.0 and the like.

Yeah, in this case, a BLU isn't going to beat a mythic THF in a piercing weak zone, but you shouldn't entirely disregard a job for the sake of individual examples.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 18:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I can't speak for Bee, as I always COR there, but to say BLU is not a hard DD job is pretty ignorant. It has a ton of powerful tools for DD, and the recent CDC update combined with DW4 helped them even more. However, I am well aware that there are tons of horrible BLUs that drag the image of the job down, more so than other jobs. However, gearing and playing it properly makes it a damn good DD, even in high level events such as incursion, 2.0 and the like.

Yeah, in this case, a BLU isn't going to beat a mythic THF in a piercing weak zone, but you shouldn't entirely disregard a job for the sake of individual examples.

Well atm with Perfect buffs ~ BLU is 11% ahead of a Mythic SAM, numbers have been triple checked. Would you call a Mythic sammgimp?

On bee obviously Yoichi+Mythic = Nothing will ever beat this but generally speaking.
First Page 2