users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ifrit » Nyzul Isle Scam
Nyzul Isle Scam
 Ifrit.Linksamus
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Linksamus 2009-08-16 01:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A few days ago, I joined a nyzul isle floor 20 shout group. The party leader, Born, and I were the only 2 that were supposed to lot Goliard. Saiyano (Born's friend) chose Denali. All remaining members were on Askar, as per comments set. We beat the floor set, and Goliard drops. So, Born lots low, I beat his lot. Then Saiyano lots and beats me!! Myself, Misterkitty and Canthor all said "wth?! drop him Born!" So Born proceeds to drop Canthor, the only person who hadn't passed yet. This obviously gave Saiyano my shoes, so I was very unhappy. Saiyano "DCd" shortly after, so he obviously didn't do this accidentally. And Born claimed he was confused and thought we wanted him to drop those who hadn't passed. He's a liar, and gave his friend my item. Just thought those of Ifrit should be aware that these two can't be trusted, so don't have any faith in them. Not with anything. Good luck with shout nyzul groups, I hope this doesn't happen again on Ifrit.
[+]
 Ifrit.Shodmaister
user: shodic
By Ifrit.Shodmaister 2009-08-16 02:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

dude. those 2 guys are very nice people. how i know this? because i know them since they ware lvl 10, this guys are both good and i doubt they did that un pourpouse. try talking to them im sure they will go with you again till you get the gear u want and im sure they wont quit till u get it.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-16 03:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shodmaister said:
dude. those 2 guys are very nice people. how i know this? because i know them since they ware lvl 10, this guys are both good and i doubt they did that un pourpouse. try talking to them im sure they will go with you again till you get the gear u want and im sure they wont quit till u get it.

Well ppls attitudet o "fairplay" can change when they smell nice gear. At all, fact is that he lotted the shoes even if he wasn't allowed to, so hr is simply a douche, period. We have seen that more than several times. I knew a lot of ppl too who f. e. ninjalotted on osode and then changed server (yea... for kirins osode lol).

@Linksamus
The only advice i can give you is "Do it with friends" or best with egls-members. Pickups only turn out to be greedy *** and dont care about how you think of them. So best is to organize a full Nyzul group and do it with them instead of ppl you dont know. If you ever happen to only have 5 or 4 ppl because someone cant come... only consider friends as replacement. That reduces the ***-factor to a minimum.

When ur not going into Nyzul with ppl you trust.... it's like doing Under Observation with random ppl and NOT setting quartermaster, ergo ur own loss.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Server: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-08-16 03:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol nice my *** ... that was obviously a scam. They might be nice to you cuz they know you but they act like *** to others. "Mistake" on lotting and "mistake" on dropping member ? LOL excuse my french but they need to be punched in the face.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-16 03:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shodmaister said:
dude. those 2 guys are very nice people. how i know this? because i know them since they ware lvl 10, this guys are both good and i doubt they did that un pourpouse.

Sorry, but this isn't exactly credible testimony nor hold any relevance to the incident in question. Just because you know someone for a long time doesn't necessarily clear them of any ulterior motives or wrong doing.
[+]
 Ifrit.Clouse
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-16 04:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Shodmaister said:
dude. those 2 guys are very nice people. how i know this? because i know them since they ware lvl 10, this guys are both good and i doubt they did that un pourpouse.

Sorry, but this isn't exactly credible testimony nor hold any relevance to the incident in question. Just because you know someone for a long time doesn't necessarily clear them of any ulterior motives or wrong doing.

^Win@art
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-16 09:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread needs to learn English.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-08-16 10:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
This thread needs to learn English.

I was thinking the very same thing. As far as the incident goes, it looks like a scam. Doesn't matter if the person was nice or not. That's how scam artists work, my friend. They make themselves look credible and then steal away all the loot.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Ravahan
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2009-09-24 07:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who knows both players in question, I'm frankly shocked. I'm in Born's endgame shell and have seen him have an awful lot of chances to lift stuff and not. Saiyano I don't know quite as well I'll admit but I have a hard time seeing Born letting someone get away with taking someone else's item unless it was an honest mistake.

I gotta go with Shodmaister here and say that if you were to contact Born he would probably go out of his way to make it right unless you were a total jerk to him. That's the kinda guy I've known him to be. Providing it doesn't slip my mind, I'll mention it to him in Dynamis tonight.
 Ifrit.Grimfandango
By Ifrit.Grimfandango 2009-09-24 08:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who has done a ton of Nyzle with Born, I am shocked that this has occurred. I've never seen Born be greedy and has always been helpful in my quest for Askar Helm ( presently 0-43). I will ask him about this incident.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-09-24 08:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravahan, stealing from an endgame shell is a whole lot different than stealing from a random pickup Nyzul group.

One gets you booted and potentially on the ***list of a good portion of a server. The other gets you hated by a handful of people.
[+]
 Ifrit.Phlow
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2009-09-28 11:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Born and Saiyano were in an ex-endgame LS Revenge that I was in for a while.

As much as everyone is vouching for Born, you gotta remember that Saiyano has been his friend longer than this other guy. So if Saiyano did ninja-lot, he could have done so without informing Born prior to the act and then Born would feel an obligation to protect his friend way before anyone else in the party. And frankly, that doesn't seem out of character from the short time I knew the two.

Edit: Removed irrelevant info
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Itazura
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2009-11-10 18:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To onlookers, there's no difference between a "not-publicized lot change" and a "lotting stuff belonging to someone else".

The 'leader' is suppose to do his best to prevent things like that, not abide by it.

Nothing contradicted what Linksamus wrote; looked like he was cheated out of Goliard feet.

Ifrit.Born said:
Born, finally getting on the gossip train, only cause I'm bored waiting for updates. Here's the real deal, holy field:
Me(Born), Saiyano, 3 strangers, and Linksamus(only RDM I could get to join nyzle at the momment) all did two Nyzle Isle FL 20. We did one Nyzle where I was going G feet, fail RDM(linksamus) lotting G feet also, and Saiyano D feet. Nothing dropped the first round. We went the 2nd round, and saiyano simply changed main lot to G Feet, but the cat didn't make comment, but I was leader, so I knew what was popping; Me, Saiyano, and Fail RDM, was gonna cast lots on these G feets. I fail lot with like two hundred and something, then this nigg@ link lots like 500, and saiyano 700. Cause my favorite JP saiyano didn't have a comment, Link was being a lil *** eye and stressing over it, spam'n Born's Saiyano's name like we some major bad guys, hating the fact that saiyano got his $hit.

[+]