John Lennon (for Anyone Who Cares Of A Memorial)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » John Lennon (for anyone who cares of a memorial)
John Lennon (for anyone who cares of a memorial)
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-12-08 21:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

34 years ago today, we lost a man of great significance in this world. John Lennon, at the age of 15 formed a band called The Skiffle Group which would later be renamed The Beatles in Liverpool England. The Beatles greatest legacy was the songwriting ability of John and Paul. They brought forth themes in an era of war,pain,poverty,religion, and strict parents that have never been explored before to push the boundaries of the unexpected. They wrote and sang what everyone was thinking but NO ONE ever spoke of and in the process became the peoples voice. Years later, John would continue his journey of being the people's voice through a catalog of song's written during his solo career. His words were soft, simple, and if anything, POWERFUL as the messages he was relaying was that of Peace, Love, and Independence of our fellow men and women. He was centuries ahead of his time, but in a time when people surely needed him. He taught us that Karma is swift and if not later, can be instant. He taught us to Love our fellow neighbor's as we would our own families. He taught us that peace is the answer through that love to make a better world for our children and ourselves. Today, as each December 8th, I will raise this beer to toast you in honer of the things you left us, your legacy. R.I.P. John Lennon, always remembered, never forgotten brother <3 
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-09 00:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well said and well remembered. It makes me think about everyone who spoke to innovate and care and warn humanity was taken away from us. These revolutionary people must not be forgotten for it is too easy to return back to silence and acceptance for less freedom for humanity as a whole.
[+]
 Phoenix.Molloy
Server: Phoenix
user: molloy
By Phoenix.Molloy 2014-12-09 08:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

apology for poor english

when were you when john lenin dies?

i was sat at home eating smegma butter when pjotr ring

'john is kill'

'no'
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-09 08:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Molloy said: »
apology for poor english

when were you when john lenin dies?

i was sat at home eating smegma butter when pjotr ring

'john is kill'

'no'
I was still 9 years away from being born, don't think my parents had even met.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-09 09:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun Fact: There actually was a "fifth Beatle," his name was Stuart Sutcliffe, he left the band prior to international fame.

EDIT: Ringo Starr could be considered the sixth, he replaced Pete Best.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-09 09:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Fun Fact: There actually was a "fifth Beatle" his name was Stuart Sutcliffe, he left the band prior to international fame.

And Pete Best, who got kicked out because he was too shitty of a drummer to handle basic pop music.

For the non-musician inclined, that's pretty shitty, for the record.

Also, for the record, John Lennon had a beautiful message in his music.

And he was also an absolutely terrible human being. Complete rubbish. Physically abusive toward women, psychologically abusive toward his son Julian, and generally being the exact opposite of the message he preached.

Edit: AR edited and threw in the Pete Best thing, but I had my post window up before he edited!
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-09 09:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Best was booted in..67?

EDIT: 62
By Ramyrez 2014-12-09 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Best was booted in..67?

EDIT: 62

Yeah. When they left Germany, pretty much; before they got to the states and did Sullivan.