Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » general cor+geo advice
general cor+geo advice
By Kooljack 2014-12-07 17:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to start stacking cor+geo for my t1 delve fight instead of sch and trip dd's. partly for fun in change of pace but also because I hear good things about it also.

My question is when you're doing dia2+double light shot; and doing geo-frailty; is it pointless for corsair to do chaos? which rolls seem most prudent with a geo, and with samurai as your DDs

~~~~~~~~~~~

Any general advice particularly for shark/bee delve runs with cor+geo combo, which buffs are most effective; throughout and for boss
---------
i don't do spreadsheets, and I could learn what works by just doing & testing the fights as i go on my own but would like to hear it up front from the gangsters in the community this time around please. thanks! -jackx
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-07 19:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always taken a crew, though I imagine single DD shark/bee might be a little crazier since they have hate reset. But we almost always bring GEO and COR cuz that's just what people wanna play.

For the GEO, a few other choices of note would have to be Vex (magic accuracy down), Attunement (magic evasion up), and Haste (unless you have a BRD, then you won't need it). It might be overkill depending on your SAM, but stacking the magic resistance can cripple those bosses' offense, since most of their WSs are magic based, plus all the spellcasting. In my runs, we just bring a (dual-boxed) GEO for Vex+Attunement and then we can ignore the vast majority of their attacks, allowing us to pummel them without ever having brought a stunner. Bear in mind that the GEO and their luopan need to stay alive too, with all of those aoe attacks getting tossed around. If they are weakened they probably won't be able to keep up both buffs.

I think most CORs will agree with me in that Chaos Roll is probably our most practical roll. A SAM would also benefit highly from Samurai's Roll (Store TP), Miser's Roll (Save TP, but kind of a waste if using Tsurumaru), or Fighter's Roll (Double Attack, less significant if using mythic).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-07 19:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally there is no point in bringing both buffers, provided you have marches.

If youre using geo instead brd, geo will need to use geo haste, being the second buff att, as its the geos strong point. For cor, i would use the sc roll if you have a solo sam, hunter is a must for ceizak, fighters for sam also, unless you are staving for att.

If you have a brd, you dont need to use both cor and geo, unless its a solo sam fight. I would use marchx2, allies, fighters, frailty and fury.

If you have to choose geo or cor, personally, i like cor the most. But just if the cor is a melee cor. Subbing /dnc, providing haste samba for party, it can easily deal with piercing phase. And for muyingwa, last stand is awesome, probably will even beat a fudo sam against bee. For bee, i normally use hunter, madrigal and prelude (for namas and last stand). If it was a cor+geo combo, probably fury and eva down for bee. Rcb for food.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-07 20:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
probably will even beat a fudo sam against bee
SAM isn't supposed to be using Fudo on Muyingwa anyway.

For us, we do Frailty/Fury and Samurai/Allies for first 5 NMs and swap out one of the rolls pending how many and what DDs we have for Chaos Roll on Boss. For Muyingwa our BRD does Marchx2, Marcato Madrigal, Prelude (Namas SAMs won't need it, but COR might; could just Pianissimo SAMs with Minuet and COR with Prelude if you wanted, but we're lazy); GEO sticks to Frailty/Fury and does Entrust Indi-Torpor on someone; COR does Chaos/Hunter's. Shark we do Marchx2, Madrigal, Minuet, Frailty/Fury/Entrust Torpor, Chaos, Samurai or Allies.
By Kooljack 2014-12-08 07:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To have a more concise discussion I'm looking at two different setups:

whm brd, geo cor, sam sam
whm brd, geo, sam sam sam
----
(using the tripDD setup for now as i start attempting bee; but wanting to swap to the other if it subjectively 'feels' easier)
----
@Llewelyn ~thank you for a more concise buff list~
----
In concerns to the geo+cor setup. Is it possible to be 'attack capped' on Shark/Bee from just simply stacking:

frailty -37%
dia2 -10%
lightshot -5~10%

food +~20%
berserk +25%
fury +45%

After all of this; we still need chaos and minuets because we haven't hit 'attack cap' on these two specific megaboss's?
-----------------------

On bee you mentioned geo doing fury/frailty aside from the entrust spell; so it's no problems /'the norm'/ for geo to stand in DD range for these megaboss while acting stunner? although the point of the setup is to make for a quick fight and not be so anal over stuns so maybe it is still quite effective? I'm just not sure, in my head i was thinking i'd pull the geo back. What is the general consensus here?

on a side-note: for 'tojil-geo stunning' are they in range of DD's like this also?
----------------------

I'm mostly concerned with the bee as I am now attempting to get this win for the first time. speak to me assuming my sam's have supurb acc sets to drop into if needed. although i feel acc food is more effective in gain percentages. I've beaten shark with the usual trip mnk &sch setup; but am wanting to get fancy with sam's and cor/geo etc. so don't mind hearing info for him also.
---------------------
To further enhance the discussion;
-assume the brd is Soul voicing(in addition to haste spell); thereby only 1 march is needed to cap haste
-assume the geo is bolstering intitial spells for megaboss
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-08 08:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Would bring Cor over a 3rd SAM if he does his job contributing :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-08 08:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk about that. BRD/COR/GEO is great buffing, but to me, and at least for delve 1 bosses, its kind of overkill IMO. A great GEO and a standard 3-song JSE BRD can clear delve 1 fairly easily. Also, the GEO can definitely be on stun duty (/blm) if absolutely needed. GEO uses I-Haste, E-I-Frailty/Torpor or GEO-Torpor. GEO just needs one haste from the whm to have good stun recasts. So no, GEO has no issues standing within range and stunning, because anything that is dangerous would be stunned anyways.

If doing the COR/BRD/GEO setup, its likely you can throw a 4th GEO buff (through either Random Deal, or WC), but that's supplemental. The COR doing Chaos/Hunter's for Bee is pretty standard. GEO primarily uses 3 spells, and maybe a few additional ones case depending (vex/attunement).

Actually, you could storm through tree with your second first setup. I'm usually the GEO for our tree runs, and vex/attunement makes charms a non-issue most of the time.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-08 14:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
On bee you mentioned geo doing fury/frailty aside from the entrust spell; so it's no problems /'the norm'/ for geo to stand in DD range for these megaboss while acting stunner?
on a side-note: for 'tojil-geo stunning' are they in range of DD's like this also?
Yes, our GEOs (usually me) are always inside while stunning. They are absolutely at no risk of being killed in Delve 1 if they have proper PDT/MDT sets. Worst case scenario is a Slowga gets off and ends up lowering your Stun recast temporarily. Just make sure you're positioning yourself where you're avoiding any conal auto-attacks that inflict Stun and are also hitting your DDs with Fury. Usually the Stun effect is short enough to where it'll wear off before the boss readies a TP move or spell, but better safe than sorry.

To further enhance the discussion;
-assume the brd is Soul voicing(in addition to haste spell); thereby only 1 march is needed to cap haste
-assume the geo is bolstering intitial spells for megaboss
It's pretty overkill to be using both Bolster and Soul Voice in Delve 1, but under those conditions I guess I'd do March, Madrigalx2, Prelude and, if you have a 99 Daur BRD, Minuet, Frailty/Fury/Torpor, Chaos/Samurai or Allies (definitely won't need Hunter's with a SV'd Madrigals and Prelude). Can obviously replace the Prelude with another Minuet or something on non-bee Delve 1 bosses.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-08 14:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd agree with llewelyn's buff choice(and lean toward samurai over allies, apex doesn't self light and namas doesn't gain anything from extra tp so you're better off firing at 100 tp in my experience)

can't see it really mattering that much though, ceizak can be done in 10 min and neither should ever take over 20 w/ that setup
 Phoenix.Keme
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-12-09 02:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would bring cor only as dd for the bee. Cause it's a lot of fun, relic rng not needed, and 6 rolls is really nice to get.

It works pretty well, the setup is explain in description :
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2014-12-09 07:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cookie Cutter Content: SAM COR GEO BRD RDM and WHM.

Can do 2x light/dark skillchains with just the sam and cor.
Light:
Shoha + Last Stand > Fudo; repeat in ~5s...
or Apex + Last Stand > Namas; mages don't forget to Magic Burst.
Dark:
Rana + Fudo > Wildfire
or Leaden Salute + Fudo

Dia 3 + light shot + Frailty + Ageha... does the enemy have enough defense to even need an attack buff at that point? -82~86% defense.
If ageha's def- doesn't like landing, frazzle + geo m.acc should make it work.
Attunement + e-vex for dmg mitigation.
Doubt the COR needs chaos w/ that def down, so allies.

Can probably clear all the delves and get a decent level incursion w/ the setup and good use of DT & acc sets.