New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Old player questions
Old player questions
By Corfios 2014-12-05 20:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering...
I ask this often in these forums, but is this game worth coming back to? I plan on playing XIV when summer comes back around, but until then I have no game to play. Last time I played 11 was probably 9 months or so ago, closer to a year. But I'm wondering if it's worth coming back? And, kind of more importantly, are there any friendly linkshells in any of the servers still up? Or is everybody kinda going solo? I won't have any of my buddies returning with me this year, but if I can find a friendly ls to pick me, well, that'd be super duper. And, uh, some ls advertising in case I do return, 99thf 99mnk 99dnc 99pld 99bst and like 80 something summoner and corsair. Anyway, any and all comments welcome. Thanks ffxiah community!
Corfios IsGnar
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-05 21:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally people post a sarcastic "Yes it's worth it" reply. However your post seemed more considered about what you want, and actual expectations and potential linkshells.

Pros

• Content 18 man requirements lowered to 6

• Ease of transporting from various locations

• Unity NM's added for across all zone additions

• A Plathoria of guides to check

• A great deal of content is soloable

Cons

• Nothing baring Incursion requires 18 people

• Everything is RNG SAM WHM BRD GEO only really, so if you don't have these or enjoy them, you will find content slow/hard to fill

• Everyone and their mom has a Mythic

Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-11 00:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Normally people post a sarcastic "Yes it's worth it" reply. However your post seemed more considered about what you want, and actual expectations and potential linkshells.

Pros

• Content 18 man requirements lowered to 6

• Ease of transporting from various locations

• Unity NM's added for across all zone additions

• A Plathoria of guides to check

• A great deal of content is soloable

Cons

• Nothing baring Incursion requires 18 people

• Everything is RNG SAM WHM BRD GEO only really, so if you don't have these or enjoy them, you will find content slow/hard to fill

• Everyone and their mom has a Mythic

I got to say thank you for taking the time first off wanting to hear opinions about possibly returning and friendly linkshells in ffxi.

I took a break earlier this year for a few months and when I came back I was still having fun making new friends and overall shared the experience of doing content with them. The game feels brand new to me and I still love it. Am I addicted Rick James said it best but with a twist I add " ffxi is one helluvah drug".

Only thing I disagree with conagh about is his labeling of you need xyz in order to do anything. This is untrue you can successfully clear content with any job in a formal party or ally if applicable setting. It just requires you play with open minded players and yes there are a lot do not let these forum posts misguided you thinking you need to buy merc services to do or get anything ( sorry if I mess with some folks gil methods). Shout yell for a linkshell. If your unsure your server doesn't have that. You made a friend with me.