Crafters, Rejoice!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Crafters, rejoice!
Crafters, rejoice!
By Wordspoken 2014-12-12 10:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

onvasquez said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I'm sure SE uses these campaigns as a test bed of whether to make this stuff permanent, as with Salvage plans, what initially was a campaign double drop rate has turned permanent.

Thankfully this being a week means there's less chance of people over-pricing mats as the demand doesn't spike massively for just one day.

I tried buying Dragon Fruit which normally sells for 20k/stack. I tried all the way up to 100k. <.< damn greedy ***. I hope you need someone to craft you anything in the future, and hopefully no one crafts it for you.
I'm not sure how greedy it is. I mean, I'm struggling to farm gil and I understand you need to push market prices to better your gil income.

But yeah, them greedy *** swords.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-14 01:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive read people complaining about the increase in synergy skill up being low, so i would like to ask if its a visible increase in synergy skill up or i would be better leveling another craft and starting synergy outside campaign.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-14 02:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »
Quick random question, can you get skillups from a different craft while doing Synergy synths?

No.. Originally you could, but SE fixed this pretty quickly.
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-12-14 04:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ive read people complaining about the increase in synergy skill up being low, so i would like to ask if its a visible increase in synergy skill up or i would be better leveling another craft and starting synergy outside campaign.

I got synergy to 80 in less than 2 days (twice) before these campaigns... I don't know why people are complaining when it costs next to nothing.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-14 06:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

onvasquez said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I'm sure SE uses these campaigns as a test bed of whether to make this stuff permanent, as with Salvage plans, what initially was a campaign double drop rate has turned permanent.

Thankfully this being a week means there's less chance of people over-pricing mats as the demand doesn't spike massively for just one day.

I tried buying Dragon Fruit which normally sells for 20k/stack. I tried all the way up to 100k. <.< damn greedy ***. I hope you need someone to craft you anything in the future, and hopefully no one crafts it for you.
Dragon fruit used to be 300k-500k+ a stack when the only way to get it was from Fort Karugo, and even then it was a pretty soul crushing thing to harvest.
Also dragon fruit cooking recipes were never a good recipe to skillup on >.>
Walnut cookies after dawn mulsum are a better and cheaper skillup synth and you can stretch all the way to himesama riceballs.
Noone should ever have to make a single dragon fruit au lait.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-14 07:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, i prefer paying more to have the material than paying less to not to have it.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-14 09:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a huge demand spike that can be a little annoying to deal with if you didn't have the foresight to stock up early and wait it out.

Considering the normal cash dump of taking a craft from 100-110, I don't mind dealing with higher prices during the campaign to make up for what I couldn't stock since I can pretty much guarantee 10/12~11/12 skillup rate with Ionis/Cape/Food which is pretty fantastic considering I'd normally get a level out of 3 stacks of synths best case. I'd say the convenience of knowing exactly how many materials I'll need makes up for the price alone, not to mention I have a huge cost range to work with since I'm effectively dividing the amount of materials by three.