Bayld Campaign That Actually Provides Nothing.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Bayld Campaign that actually provides nothing.
Bayld Campaign that actually provides nothing.
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-02 11:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1) Bonus Bayld Campaign
Lair, colonization, and wildkeeper reives will receive evaluation bonuses throughout the duration, doubling bayld and experience gains.
* The maximum amount of bayld and experience available for a single reive remains unchanged. (Added Dec. 2, 2014)

So if you capped previously, this campaign gives good / strong players nothing extra and only helps gimps.

FU SE

Not to mention they added the footnote stating this TODAY!
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-12-02 11:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I just noticed I wasn't getting extra bayld.

Wtf?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-02 11:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Yeah I just noticed I wasn't getting extra bayld.

Wtf?

I said Gimps.. I meant "player's who didn't keep up with content, who didn't even get 117 sparks gear or dont have a Level 90 Empyrean Weapon or equiv damage wise" Because you can cap ANY DAMN REIVE WITH JUST THOSE.

Seriously Pissed at SE, why even bother *** making this
By Zoltar 2014-12-02 11:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

And know what you said and I'm just pissed like you. I thought we would be getting some kind of bayld bonus regardless.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 11:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there something wrong in helping "gimps"?

The point isnt really that though.

This campaign is an indirect way to increase the interest in reives, and maybe allowing better bayld production, though it would need to be a huge bonus for people to care to do reives.

True story is, this campaign will just benefit bayld boters, and indirectly, people making ergons, maybe.

Kinda weird an event that huge benefits non legit players.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-12-02 11:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need spark gear to get max bayld...
I was capping bayld on SMN back when Adoulin was first released!

You have to be seriously bad to not cap bayld.
[+]
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-12-02 11:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 this is their solution to address the shortage of hp bayld
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 11:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they wouldn't include crappy Campaigns, just so they could say they are "running a campaign". The best Campaigns to date for me are the ones where everyone wins: WKR and Login comes to mind. At least during the WKR campaigns, there were circuits of shouts daily, which inevitably supplied bayld, HPBs, and even delve1 items etc for participants, as well as necessary KIs for upgrading 115 gear or buying gear.

This campaign just sucks overall, since the reives that we do do (WKR) end so shortly anyways.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 11:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
True story is, this campaign will just benefit bayld boters, and indirectly, people making ergons, maybe.

Wrong. The people getting extra bayld are probably not even aware of how to convert to HPB. Also, there is no upper cap limit, so we are no more better off than previously. As i said above, should've just brought back the wkr event.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-12-02 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

since botters end up "soloing" most of their rieves, this won't help them either since they should be capping no prob right?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-02 11:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
since botters end up "soloing" most of their rieves, this won't help them either since they should be capping no prob right?

Probably, as 1 reive caps around 2900 Bayld, and that's capable with 3 ws's. so lolwtf SE
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-12-02 11:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Truly, I don't see the point. The overall impact this campaign will have is very close to 0, its really not hard for even sparks gear tier players to cap bayld on a rieve. I'm inclined to believe that someone decided last minute that double bayld would break the game/economy somehow and effectively nullified it with a ninja nerf.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-02 11:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to bring back the cheap+fast repopping WKRs.
Constantly going back and forth between tchakka + achuka and getting like 100 hp bayld + random delve boss mats in an evening was kinda nice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-02 12:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it still 3k per KI. You could cap faster, exit, get a new KI and keep recapping. Depending on how long the WKR lasts, you could get 100k+ per reive.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-02 12:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Constantly going back and forth between tchakka + achuka and getting like 100 hp bayld + random delve boss mats in an evening was kinda nice.

Never got a single delve mat, 0/30+
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-02 12:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

I can agree with fast and cheap fights but the delve mats was a bad idea. The price went down some during that time and if they kept it going they would have dropped. Mostly since normies were getting them instead of the people who can actually clear the delves.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-12-02 12:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the cap for bayld for each type of reive?
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 12:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

I can agree with fast and cheap fights but the delve mats was a bad idea. The price went down some during that time and if they kept it going they would have dropped. Mostly since normies were getting them instead of the people who can actually clear the delves.

I think only natural those materials to drop from normal wk, afterall, its the same family of delve mega bosses, and looking how cheap it became to 119 artifact, and how expensive its 119 relic, i think it would be logic to make them normal drops from wk.

Also, the delve mega bosses are dominated by same persons (probably rmts) that spam the ***out of delves everyday, and control almost alone that market. Its about time to drop the monopoly of naakuals materials to those few "groups" (i will never stop to believe there is something else hidden going on in instanced places - aka land without laws).

It would do more good than bad at this point (for people trying to 119 their gear, for crafters, for jse weapon, etc).

Damn, i payed 20m yesterday just with reforges. 4m for a piece with just a small boost from 109 version...
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-02 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just like how these new stat rings are 16-30m for the hq.

Delve bosses are not available to everyone for a reason. The ones who can, should be paid for their efforts. Id rather see the value go up when less people start doing them, but oh well.
By dustinfoley 2014-12-02 12:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
What is the cap for bayld for each type of reive?

25k for wild keepers

lair/colonization depend on the tier/location of the reive.

A lair near BV4 in Ceiznak caps at like 3k, one near BV4 in kamhir will cap at much higher.

Ive gotten over 5k from lair/colonization reives in marjamie (total)

Evaluations are every 60 seconds, and each evaluation builds on the last so you will go 200->600->1400-> etc.

For lair i know you evaluation is based on your DPS and not your total damage. You can test it yourself and kill a lair solo with i105 weapons, and repeat it again with 119 weapons. Even though you do the same total damage your exp / evaluation will go up significantly.

Also exp at minute 1 evaluation is capped, so if you kill a lair in 1 minute (poor samurai) you will get like 400 exp + a bonus 1-1.4k At minute 3 you will have gotten 3k+ from 1minute evaluations and a bonus up to 2.5k.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 12:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Its just like how these new stat rings are 16-30m for the hq.

Delve bosses are not available to everyone for a reason. The ones who can, should be paid for their efforts. Id rather see the value go up when less people start doing them, but oh well.

There is a bit of difference in "effort" between a high lv craft and beating a content resorting to any possible cheats.

Maybe thats why rmts dont monopolyzes craft market? Because there shouldnt be a cheat to force hqing?

Delve reward should limit to gear and plasm. The materials have too much value up to crafters and new/returner players.
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-02 12:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont need cheats to beat content, just have to have people that dont suck. you keep throwing around rmt this and rmt that but really its real people making money off what they can do and others cant. its no different.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 13:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it still 3k per KI. You could cap faster, exit, get a new KI and keep recapping. Depending on how long the WKR lasts, you could get 100k+ per reive.

This is also a silly idea. We spend bayld to cap bayld, exit, and repeat. Not even a worthwhile idea, any way you spin it.

And FYI, the majority of the delve mats market comes from players and not RMT. The majority of the time, its players spamming trolljil/tree x3-5 nightly.
By Lyncath 2014-12-02 13:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
inb4 this is their solution to address the shortage of hp bayld

Unfortunately I think they're that *** stupid to suggest it is. Doing this to "help" someone like myself working on an Ergon weapon is like treating an amputee patient with a band-aid: it achieves *** nothing.

This thread has been on the official forums for a little while and worth reading.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45160-Balancing-the-Ergon-Quests/page2?s=bb853976cb0f4823973fe7a5b04c61e0

Here is particularly good idea from it.
"I absolutely agree, make Aged Bayld Boxes 100% drop from WKR and HPBs 100% drop from Colonization Rieves. Problem solved. It would still require ppl soloing 1000s of Colony Rieves if they wanted to take that route, so not a walk in the park."

"Reading through this thread again that suggestion really seems like the best fix for this problem.

Aged Box [Bayld] should be a 100% or otherwise have a high drop rate around 60~70% from Wildskeeper Reive Naakuals and single pieces of High-Purity Bayld should be a 100% drop from any Lair or Colonisation Reive. If this is done then the requirement should remain at 9999 for the final upgrade stage to maintain a semblence of balance. Say for example 30~40 people take part in a Wildskeeper Reive and 30~35 of those get an Aged Box [Bayld] with an average of 8 inside each one (3~15 is the range). These people just added almost 300 High-Purity Bayld to the circulation.

The incoming "Bayld Campaign" is a nice gesture but all you're doing with it is treating an amputee patient with a band-aid. This does not address the problem that people simply do not want to trade their Bayld in to increase the supply ever-so-slightly because people are uncertain as to whether Bayld will be used for future content. Also, consider that people may well understandably want to conserve their stock in case they feel the need to trade in their Seekers of Adoulin storyline Ring."
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-02 13:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

This is also a silly idea. We spend bayld to cap bayld, exit, and repeat. Not even a worthwhile idea, any way you spin it.

And FYI, the majority of the delve mats market comes from players and not RMT. The majority of the time, its players spamming trolljil/tree x3-5 nightly.

It's actually not terrible; outside WKR you are at the mercy of reive respawn rates.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 14:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Which brings me to my next point: Why in the world do WKR bosses have such a horrid repop rate anyways? I can do delves by the dozens daily and make exceptional amounts of gil and plasm while i do it. Yet, I can only get one or two WKR bosses killed ina day? What logical reason is there for these WK bosses to not respawn every 2 hours? I really don't get that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-02 14:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they saying the evaluation bonuses are doubled yet the base bayld of the Reive is the same?
By dustinfoley 2014-12-02 14:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Evaluations are double, but the cap is the same:

Eg in a wildkeeper, your cap is 25k

Basically, if you would have gotten 2k for a 60 second evaluation for the damage you dealt, you will now get 4k.

If you would have gotten 400 for the buffs/heals you performed, you will now get 800.

Just making it easier to get to the cap...something DD never had an issue with, so in whole it might help healers/buffers cap easier, but thats it
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-12-02 14:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this campaign went from meh to terrible quickly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-02 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only person who found the "Nobody expects the Weatherspoon Inquisition" announcement this morning hilarious?
[+]
First Page 2 3