First Page 2 ... 16 17 18
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-27 03:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45235-dev1243-New-Job-Enhancements-Gifts?p=533363#post533363

Ok, seriously *** job points, there's the knee jerk reaction but unless they make it easier to gain job points then I think with this announcement I'm done with job points for the time being.

They have said in the past that they have plans to ease the gaining of capacity points but I'd be concerned that this might well be their solution and what's that nonsense, 50JP to be able to equip "Superior" items and you have to get 50pts on every job you play to equip those.

Sure there are those people who gathered 200JP and will say the system is fine, but I certainly disagree.

The grind just got grindier.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-27 03:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL *** awesome. I cannot WAIT for the BITCHING and MOANING. THIS is MY Christmas gift, come early.

I just got a halfy.

But, if this is their answer to keeping us 119 for another year. I'm gonna be rather pissed myself. We're spending more time STUCK at 119 than we spent at 80-99.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-27 04:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This is hysterical.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 04:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If people are only targeting CP and not spending the merits you are getting at the same time to do battlefields to farm/gear/merc at the same time, reconsider doing that.

How many people that hate cp have ever built a good party for one or tried to?
Most people are soloing CP at terrible camps and yeah, that sucks.
 Asura.Snubber
Server: Asura
user: snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2014-11-27 04:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is superior 1? >.>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 04:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

are you *** joking lol
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-27 04:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

First time I find a real use for this auto-translate: "Thank's for the offer, but I'll have to pass".
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 04:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is it is probably their way of adding some kind of gear thats higher than iLevel 119 power-wise without bumping the iLevel across the board.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 04:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

CP/JP are absolutely, without a doubt, 100% required now. For every job. I hope you like spending all your time on just 1 job, because welcome to nonflexibility unless you have countless hours of spare time land.

Hopefully it at least means number of total job points spent, not number of points unlocked on categories. The former is manageable if you put in 10-15 hours per job during double CP with an excellent party, the latter would be ridiculous. Otherwise you're looking at 30-55 hours per job to equip the new gear.
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2014-11-27 04:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

While the idea of this is kind of cool(I guess) I feel like they could have put more effort into it than everyone basically getting the same things aside from one or two things.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 04:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

well the double cp was going for 2 weeks and woh parties were pulling 12-15 JP per hour without a cp ring, with just cor roll and cp cape.

Was trying to find 1hr a day to improve their character too much to ask?
People could have had 170-200 JPs during that campaign.
One of our LS bard and scholar is now completely capped out and sitting on 200/200.
We were bringing job like BLU to the cp parties too so it wasnt like sam or gtfo.

The % bonuses to CP from gifts will matter once they raise the cap to 20 and eventually 30 per category.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-27 04:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
CP/JP are absolutely, without a doubt, 100% required now. For every job. I hope you like spending all your time on just 1 job, because welcome to nonflexibility unless you have countless hours of spare time land.

Hopefully it at least means number of total job points spent, not number of points unlocked on categories. The former is manageable if you put in 10-15 hours per job, the latter would be ridiculous.

"Gifts are a new system with a variety of effects derived from the number of job points already spent". Perhaps you're onto something. Let's hope.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 04:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yes it has to do with JP already spent, but how many people have 55 or more points in more than 1 or 2 jobs? That's 30-55 hours of grinding outside of double CP events.

Basing an entire system around those who had time to or were even playing at all during an event is, quite frankly, moronic. "Finding an hour a day to improve your character"? Improve my character how, with 20 extra magic damage from Burst Affinity? Improved Conserve MP for Unbridled Wisdom? 10 base damage for my physical spells with Azure Lore? Why would I bother before knowing that this system was coming?

I really wouldn't mind if this wasn't locking you out of something as fundamental as putting on equipment. Let's hope it isn't gamechanging.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-27 04:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yes it has to do with JP already spent, but how many people have 55 or more points in more than 1 or 2 jobs? That's 30-55 hours of grinding outside of double CP events.

I do~
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-27 04:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Basing an entire system around those who had time to or were even playing at all during an event is, quite frankly, moronic. "Finding an hour a day to improve your character"? Improve my character how, with 10 extra magic damage from Burst Affinity? Why would I bother before knowing that this system was coming?

I really wouldn't mind if this wasn't locking you out of something as fundamental as putting on equipment. Let's hope it isn't gamechanging.

Seeing how SE has been refurbishing old content/BCs/gear, I wouldn't be surprised if this was their solution to refurbish old Merit parties.. Forcing people to do it just to be able to equip newer gear and proceed with the game would be criminal though.
[+]
By Lizk 2014-11-27 04:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Superior 1 is your job gaining 1 level

Welcome to level 100
[+]
By Creecreelo 2014-11-27 04:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I absolutely love this system. And the fact that it unlocks new gear for the jobs you (in theory) spend the most time on I think is really neat.

People that still complain about JP... like rly? We just had 2 weeks of double CP and a double CP campaign recently before that. It is NOT that bad. <_< Sapphire's really hit the nail on the head with it.

CP parties are not only great for CP, but merits for BC fights/spending, Accolades for Unity, and Sparks. It looks like you only need 50 JP to be able to at least equip Superior 1 gear? By this point, if you haven't gotten at least 50 JP on the jobs you regularly play as or are your favorites... then I would question what the heck you've been doing all these past months in XI.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 04:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

look, you can use CP campaigns to say there's nothing wrong with the JP system all you want. that doesn't make it a valid argument. I could easily set up a killbot to cap my JPs on every job while I go do other things, does that make it fair for other people or make the JP system any less ***? *** no. they've addressed one primary concern with this: effort:reward ratio. it is now rewarding to cap the useless categories for your jobs. what they didn't fix was the lopsidedness of receiving points, the time it can take to do so, and the fact that you're required to do it for every job individually.

it's great that some of you have found something to keep you entertained on there for the long periods of time that it takes to cap out multiple jobs. really, not sarcastically, I'm happy for you. but assuming everyone is like that, and basing the entirety of a potentially job defining system around bots/cp events/dozens of hours spent on individual jobs is dumb no matter how you try to rationalize it.

it isn't horribly bad now, but it has the potential to get worse. that's the issue here.
[+]
By anarkus 2014-11-27 04:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How many have done real pt cp, and not afk leach in raz kanar.
All ppl i know with 200 jp all category done is afk 1 week in raz kaznar, because they have nothing to do in normal time so why not afk leech xp ^^

But for all other, will be messy. I dont see a ppl you cant get invite for delve, have a invite for cp party. Its so boring to xp that ppl will not want slow their ratio/time.

I see during the cp campaign 2 Shout for Cp, 2!

Ppl love bash mob during 10 H for +5 attack? Normal ppl afk for cp, atleast they do that during night
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-27 04:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The JP system is absolutely ***. Beyond a shadow of a doubt. No one can argue that fact. It's one of the most underhanded things they've ever done.
I would say that the BST TH lie was the biggest, but this is top 5.

I can't find the post right now, cause I'm lazy, but they said in no uncertain terms that JP would just be a bonus thing. This looks pretty god damn required to me.

The fact that +50% capes exist is not an excuse to make this grind as terrible as it is. Screw having to wear that cape.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-27 05:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Some may call Valli out for botting JPs but considering how the system works I really couldn't blame anyone for botting JPs, it's a huge grind that until now hasn't been really worth the effort outside a few rare instances.

But now we're going to have this Superior item thing where you will have to have spent at least 50 points on every single job you want to equip superior items.

The big question is going to be, what are these superior items? Are they good, bad, indifferent?
By Lizk 2014-11-27 05:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Some may call Valli out for botting JPs but considering how the system works I really couldn't blame anyone for botting JPs, it's a huge grind that until now hasn't been really worth the effort outside a few rare instances.

But now we're going to have this Superior item thing where you will have to have spent at least 50 points on every single job you want to equip superior items.

The big question is going to be, what are these superior items? Are they good, bad, indifferent?

S1 gives you 1 level, you get lvl 100
SE is going to release gear for people who are lvl 100
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 05:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 spend JPs to buy the SU gear
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-27 05:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Basing an entire system around those who had time to or were even playing at all during an event is, quite frankly, moronic. "Finding an hour a day to improve your character"? Improve my character how, with 20 extra magic damage from Burst Affinity? Improved Conserve MP for Unbridled Wisdom? 10 base damage for my physical spells with Azure Lore? Why would I bother before knowing that this system was coming?

30-55 hours is greatly exaggerated for 55 points. Maybe if you're solo, but it's really not hard to get 1-2 friends and go to Woh gates for bunnies/worms. With a SAM, BLU and a healer you can just use trust brds at the very worst and make 4-5 points an hour easy without double campaign. 2 DDs and a healer is enough. I've done this set up numerous times for merit farming for BF fights.

This argument that JP are difficult to obtain and SE is going in the wrong direction etc etc, I think we should be happy they're adding stuff every month. People *** when content is too easy, then *** when content is too hard, then *** when there isn't anything to do and they're bored because everything is baby mode. Just enjoy things and stop worrying and picking apart every little damn thing everytime SE posts something. This whole "JP is now required" is it really making everything people do now impossible? No, people are still clearing BF Very Toughs, high level Incursion, Delve 2 with ease.

You'll still take whatever jobs you need even if the person is barely into Adoulin, you won't see "WHM GEO BRD Superior only" shouts because good luck and ALL the content in this game as it stands can be done low man and if you manage an alliance, it's even easier.

Again what someone posted above me, if you don't have 50ish points in a few jobs you play the most, I'm gonna assume people just sit in town auto following NPCs or lining up afk in Adoulin.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-11-27 05:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh im more worried about the competition on camps now on. Remember bhaflau?
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-27 05:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Even when double cp isnt going, over 1k cp a kill isnt bad and we still did it.

If you ever played everquest back in the day, jobpoints are pretty much a straight up copy of Alternate Advancement points (also known as AAs)
http://almarsguides.com/eq/general/aas.cfm

I was totally used to this system (and I liked it) so maybe i'm biased, but this is pretty much how they are going to steer job advancement in FFXI.

You can already abyburn a job, then skill it up with sparks books, then let it leech 119 gear from BCs, god forbid they introduce a system that makes you play the job a long time (getting cp) to advance it further.

Grinding cp is no different from grinding currency/gil/alexandrite to RME-ify a job.

If anything the cp/jp system further promotes party play as opposed to people scrubbing it up solo getting 150-300cp a kill.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-27 05:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

oh. the "you should have to spend a lot of time on a job to advance it" argument. welp, I'm out. I'm evidently not going to be able to show people why the JP system is dumb and vehemently defending it as the best thing ever just reinforces the issue.

p.s. there's a big difference between difficulty and artificial difficulty via time investment; a distinction that I find 90% of XI's population is incapable of recognizing. one is a rewarding form of difficulty, the other exists only to extend something's lifespan and give the illusion of overcoming an obstacle when in reality all you did was kill 10,000 rabbits for the sword of 1000 truths. XIV relics are another example of this for those of you with bias control issues. there's nothing "difficult" in getting 50+ JPs. There's nothing "difficult" in building a relic, mythic, ergon, or empyrean weapon. there's nothing "difficult" about anything in XI, sans higher levels of Incursion which actually require group cohesion and people playing to their utmost capacity. activities in XI are misleadingly "difficult" in the fact that they force you to put so much time into them, with minimal effort, menial tasks, and pop out something moderately shiny at the end. I miss legion, later voidwatch, and original delve because it allowed an actual form of difficulty while simultaneously taking time to complete. maybe that's why the game has lost so much luster for me.
[+]
By Lizk 2014-11-27 05:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when people wanted things that kept them entertained for longer?

You guys just want to end any new content in the first days
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-27 05:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lizk said: »
Remember when people wanted things that kept them entertained for longer?

You guys just want to end any new content in the first days
Most would prefer to be able to burn through it but at the same time are realistic and would be ok with things taking a bit of time to complete, maybe you do a situation like a merit points party in abyssea but it would just take longer, namely you have to do it on all jobs you want to be maxed out. Why Abyssea parties as an example? There's no discrimination, you just take what you can get as you just need enough of each type of kill to build lights and you're set.

To be optimal in a job point party you need appropriate support, appropriate healing, appropriate DDs, am I really getting invited into a JP party on my PLD or THF? My main 2 played jobs atm? I don't think so.

At least in the past we could complain about it and ignore it but now all of a sudden, JP may well become a requirement and the ones with JP cap will start to don that elitest cap.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-11-27 05:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to reiterate a point from the old days that many seem to have forgotten or may not have been around for, but the small little bonuses we're getting from the Gift system and from Job Points (yes many are not worth it or way too much grinding): people use to murder each other and break linkshells over Salvage and Dynamis drops. Remember when you'd see a Valor Surcoat, Duelist's Chapeau or 35 Usukane feet drop? You ***yourself, despite most things were not game breaking, just side grades or slight boosts.

This game use to be a giant grind fest that rewarded you with marginally better equipment or side grades and you *** loved it. You'd spend a month doing something and when you finally got it, you either felt "thank *** god" or "OMG YESSSS" or both. ***was an accomplishment and set it apart from other MMOs. You wanted easy mode? There was WoW which people back then would quit FFXI, go to WoW and return in 2 weeks saying "nothing to do there, got all gear and did everything." Nowadays, every time there's an update with small things/rewards for massive grinding it's a *** fest topped with "there's nothing to do, add more hard content" I understand grinding doesn't equal hard, but remember what this game use to be and people wanting the old days back.

This game is turning into WoW with how easy/fast it is to get equipment, but still keeps some things difficult and grindy, which is why most play FFXI.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18