[dev1242] Job Adjustments
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-26 20:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
New future events, mobs will have an enhanced resistance to SKillchain damage.

Even if you take away their skillchains, 4 hit fudo sam is pretty much unmatchable by any non mythic DD otherwise. It's wrong, but still.
By NeboJones 2014-11-26 21:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »
but BST won't become an endgame DD, nor will THF - they aren't meant to be in the first place..

When the game was first released, THF was the best DD in the game. That didnt change until a few level cap raises.

They WANT BST to become and edgame DD. The dev team has come out and explicitly said that they want the combined damage of master and pet to be greater than that of other jobs becuase of the risks/costs associated with keeping a pet out.

There are no utility jobs the same as there are no pure DD jobs.

SAM has skillchain/tp manipulation utilty...which is intended to be a group mechanic to support mages, but is just used for solo SC now (needs serious adjustment, imo)

WAR can use multiple weapon types, tanking abilities and has many enfeebling WS

DRK can solo very well and use dark/black magic to debuff and enfeeble the mob in vasiors way

DRG has agnon, and a wyvern that changes utility based on sub job (Also a VERY good solo job due to this)

This whole asinine arguement of "One handed DD need to be weak ....becuase utility...and solo/farm" needs to die in a fire. It's horse ***.

Every job can get at least TH2+ without sub and more with Ionis/Signet etc. No relevant money solo farm spots (Dynamis/Salvage) are any more in danger of klilling SAM than a THF. A SAM will also have higher skill speed coupled with not insignificant amounts of TH.

Where EXACTLY to 1 handers have this CRAZY HUGE solo advantage that warrants being laughable at every relevant end game event where damage matters and none of our "utility" does.? Exp? Nope. Merits? Nope. Job Points? Nope. Sparks? Nope.

Damn we so OP!!!!!!!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-26 21:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

trusts do almost everything (all they can't really do is tank reliably) that a solo 1h can do, not seeing the whole "solo so OP" argument tbh
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-26 21:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

NeboJones said: »
but BST won't become an endgame DD, nor will THF - they aren't meant to be in the first place..

When the game was first released, THF was the best DD in the game. That didnt change until a few level cap raises.

They WANT BST to become and edgame DD. The dev team has come out and explicitly said that they want the combined damage of master and pet to be greater than that of other jobs becuase of the risks/costs associated with keeping a pet out.

There are no utility jobs the same as there are no pure DD jobs.

SAM has skillchain/tp manipulation utilty...which is intended to be a group mechanic to support mages, but is just used for solo SC now (needs serious adjustment, imo)

WAR can use multiple weapon types, tanking abilities and has many enfeebling WS

DRK can solo very well and use dark/black magic to debuff and enfeeble the mob in vasiors way

DRG has agnon, and a wyvern that changes utility based on sub job (Also a VERY good solo job due to this)

This whole assanine arguement of "One handed DD need to be weak ....becuase utility...and solo/farm" needs to die in a fire. It's horse ***.

Every job can get at least TH2+ without sub and more with Ionis/Signet etc. No relevant money solo farm spots (Dynamis/Salvage) are any more in danger of klilling SAM than a THF. A SAM will also have higher skill speed coupled with not insignificant amounts of TH.

Where EXACTLY to 1 handers have this CRAZY HUGE solo advantage that warrants being laughable at every relevant end game event where damage matters and none of our "utility" does.? Exp? Nope. Merits? Nope. Job Points? Nope. Sparks? Nope.

Damn we so OP!!!!!!!

Firstly, when the game first started and no one understood how to make use of the jobs on offer, yes, THF was the strongest because it had the highest white damage and sneak attack. That was player understanding, not job powers.

Second you missed that part where they also said that BST wasn't supposed to be group friendly precisely because of the inherent risk and difficulty in keeping a pet out and healthy while fighting a lot of group content.

SAM is too strong right now, I did mention this in my own post and has been mentioned about a million times this week, but thanks for reminding us.

WARs only practical weapon types are GA and GS. Dual swords died at 75. Also the 'enfeebling WSs' that war gets..do you mean the 'break' WSs? Because if so, do some reading and find that they are all utter garbage and don't even land on anything above lv90. Yes you could say 'oh but WAR still has the utility, so my thf should be a top class DD' but the difference is that the 'utility' war offers outside of bravura, is more or less useless. Also that all of war's 'utility' besides bravura is dedicated to dealing more damage.

For angon see the last part of the WAR paragraph. DRG yes, can be a good solo job. Subbing mage drops a lot of it's damage and makes DRG similar to BLU in that sense. You do get a lot of utility from healing breath, but you'll also find DRG as a not top-tier DD in 99% of cases, unless they have ryuno.

Assanine? Not even sure what word that was meant to be.

BLU comes under the class of '1 handed DD' and is hardly weak, same to MNK. The difference between these and THF is that a BLU setup to DD and a MNK are both primary DD classes, with a little utility such as MNKs sustain and defensive abilities and BLU's massive list of options in spells.

It's not that 1h jobs need to be weak, its looking at what the jobs are MEANT to do. THF is meant to make money and to control hate. The current meta doesn't sit well with the idea of SATA combos, but in terms of making money, do you see many SAMs solo dynamis compared to THFs? No. Why? Because THF is much more efficient.

Also one final point, you're last statement that 1h jobs are laughable in end game is the laughable part. For anyone who actually plays and gears a job properly, you can be respectable in any content even on a job that wasn't designed for the role it's filling. Gods, one of the best pickup tojil's I've been in had a melee cor. If I know someone and I know they can pull their weight, I'll bring them, job irrelevant. Most people are like this. If you're having issues playing your chosen job in endgame, 7/10 this is you and 3/10 its dickish leaders.
By fillerbunny9 2014-11-26 21:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I fail to see how any of this is going to shift party paradigms unless all of those weaponskills suddenly become Tachi: Fudo with an aftermath of Regain +50. the sheer speed that SAM can crap out weaponskill damage is not going to be touched by anyone without a Mythic, and even then, Level 3 aftermath needs to be maintained.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-26 21:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I fail to see how any of this is going to shift party paradigms unless all of those weaponskills suddenly become Tachi: Fudo with an aftermath of Regain +50. the sheer speed that SAM can crap out weaponskill damage is not going to be touched by anyone without a Mythic, and even then, Level 3 aftermath needs to be maintained.

Thank you! Logic on ah.com, oh joy of joys.
By NeboJones 2014-11-26 22:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It had nothing to do with people not understanding job power. At release, there was no combination of buffs, food or gear stats that would allow any job to do the kind of damage a THF could do at its full potential. And it was not white damage.

They did not say (recently in regards to adjustments moving forward) that BST wasn't *intended to be group friendly. The most recent overarching statement they've made on that subject is this:

Quote:
Beastmaster, dragoon, and puppetmaster:
To give a rough overview of our plans for these three jobs, we’re planning to boost the combined damage over time capability of the master and pet so that it is greater than that of your standard damage dealer as there are certain costs associated with maintaining pets.

The reason I suspect you dont see more jobs like SAM soloing dymamis is ppl telling them that some whack *** TH8 *** alt would net them more currency than a much higher kill speed th2~3 SAM wrecking machine. Which is probabably not the case more than people consider.

It's the same reason your hear ppl say THF is TH and not a DD. When clearly it was designed and intended to be a powerful DD in groups. The reason that is no longer true is because the game has evolved and THF has not. Your average THF has no idea how to dd with it. Your average player has no idea how trick attack works.

You can talk about intentions all day but they are fluid. The game is constantly changing. The jobs that don't change with it are the ones that get left behind. THF just happens to be a job that got left behind. This has more to do with RMT abuse and looming dev hatred, imo. I mean, they nerfed everything "Thief-like" we ever had straight into the ground. The only thing that remains is a weak-ish passive trait and faint memories of being DPS kings in exp parties.

All I'm going to say for TH, is that the THF main effect isn't strong enough, there are too few events that need it and too many other jobs that can get it. The higher levels beyond TH2 are too maringal of an increase and none of THF's other non-DD abilities or "utility" are good for anything.

Ie: TH is NOT a reason for THF to be a weak dps. And I'm not necessarily suggesting that it is or you are making that argument. But I see this arguement pop up a lot when it comes to conversations about THF DD adjustments and it's simply not valid.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-26 22:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It had nothing to do with people not understanding job power. There were no combination of buffs, food or stats that would allow any job to do the kind of damage a THF could do. And it was not white damage.

They did not say that BST wasn't *intended to be group friendly. The most recent overarching statement they've made on that subject is this:

Quote:
Beastmaster, dragoon, and puppetmaster:
To give a rough overview of our plans for these three jobs, we’re planning to boost the combined damage over time capability of the master and pet so that it is greater than that of your standard damage dealer as there are certain costs associated with maintaining pets.

The reason you dont see more jobs like SAM soloing dymamis is ppl telling them that some whack *** TH8 *** alt would net them more currency than a much higher kill speed th2~3 SAM wrecking machine. When it is probabably not the case more than people consider.

Its the same reason your hear ppl say THF is TH and not a DD. When clearly it was designed and intended to be a powerful DD in groups. The reason that is no longer true is because the game has evolved and THF has not. Your average THF has no idea how to dd with it.

You can talk about intentions all day but they are fluid. The game is constantly changing. The jobs that don't change with it are the ones that get left behind. THF just happens to be the job that got left behind. This has more to do with RMT abuse and looming dev hatred, imo. I mean, they nerfed everything "Thief-like" we ever had straight into the ground. The only thing that remains is a weak-ish passive trait and faint memories of being DPS kings in exp parties.

All I'm going to say for TH, is that the THF main effect isn't strong enough, there are too few events that need it and too many other jobs that can get it. The higher levels beyond TH2 are too maringal of an increase and none of THF's other non-DD abilities or "utility" are good for anything.

Ie: TH is NOT a reason for THF to be a weak dps. And I'm not necessarily suggesting that it is or you are making that argument. I'm saying I see this arguement a lot and it's simply not valid.

In the game back then, short bursts of high damage were what people used to DD - ideal for a thf. SATA viper wrecked anything else in that faculty. If we took our knowledge now back then, would thf have been #1? Probably not. You had war's running around sword and board ffs.

For that post, yes that's the post. Now go and quote the vast amount of forum discussion with matsui and co.

In dynamis, THF and SAM both kill similarly fast, when you add in proc time its an even kill speed as 1 ws = dead. With this in mind, extra TH > no extra TH.

You're point in the next paragraph is the main one. 'Your average THF has no idea how to DD with it'. This is true of all stigmatised jobs. It's not that it cant be respectable, its the person behind it, and the amount of butthurt in your posts doesn't suggest good things about your personal ability either.
By NeboJones 2014-11-26 22:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In the game back then, short bursts of high damage were what people used to DD - ideal for a thf. SATA viper wrecked anything else in that faculty. If we took our knowledge now back then, would thf have been #1? Probably not. You had war's running around sword and board ffs.

It would still be number 1 in that era for several reasons. There weren't large amounts of haste or support jobs available. Accuracy was an issue. TP phase was much slower and lined up with sata timers much better. And no other WS could even come close to a stacked WS. Good THF's were precharging during pulls and double dipping SATA also.

The game was slower then. Mobs changed postion less. Now we have super buffed melee with capped Acc, ATT and delay reduction spamming WS that are on par with Stacked WS. All the while Mr THF is waiting on the same SA/TA cooldowns he had back then, trying to dance around a mob that is spinning like a top so he can land a respectable WS with the same positional requirements imposed upon him back then.

My "Butthurt" (lol) comes from 10 years of seeing THF start where it did, get stripped of all its Thief abilities due to RMT abuse, and slowly get phased out of the "DD Job" conversation because that aspect of THF never evolved with the game.
[+]
By minikomby 2014-11-26 22:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see nothing new about smn except for 3 BP;
first
Titan

Megalith Throw lv 35
Delivers a ranged attack that slows target.

Now new BP is

Blood Pact: Rage: Crag Throw (Lv.99)

for me this look exactly same, we are getting a BP recycled, they could just revamp what we have and add something new

Ramuh

Chaotic Strike lv 70 BP
Delivers a threefold attack that stuns target.

New BP is

Blood Pact: Rage: Volt Strike (Lv.99)

descrption look just same, nothing new maybe just animation

ifrit

Blood Pact: Rage: Conflagration Strike (Lv.99)
Deals fire elemental damage. Additional effect: Burn.
this BP is very similar on description to Burning strike, the diference is aditional effect burn, if dot is 3 mins will be cool with 10 hp tick minimum,

nice to have new BPs but not nice to see how SE is recycling old BP and trying sell them like new
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-26 22:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It would still be number 1 in that era for several reasons. There weren't large amounts of haste or support jobs available. Accuracy was an issue. TP phase was much slower and lined up with sata timers much better. And no other WS could even come close to a stacked WS. Good THF's were precharging during pulls and double dipping SATA also.

The game was slower then. Mobs changed postion less. Now we have super buffed melee with capped Acc, ATT and delay reduction spamming WS that are on par with Stacked WS. All the while Mr THF is waiting on the same SA/TA cooldowns he had back then, trying to dance around a mob that is spinning like a top so he can land a respectable WS with the same positional requirements imposed upon him back then.

My "Butthurt" (lol) comes from 10 years of seeing THF start where it did, get stripped of all its Thief abilities due to RMT abuse, and slowly get phased out of the "DD Job" conversation because that aspect of THF never evolved with the game.

I would have to say that if we took gearing standards now back then, MNK would have beaten THF through simple DPS. The part about slower TP phase and positioning was part of what I said about the meta being short bursts of damage, whereas we now know that DoT (WS and white) is superior.

As for THF then and now, you have to see the argument that THF wasn't designed as the #1 DD, and it settled into place. Its not the strength of other jobs that relegates THF either, its the personal loot pool system and drop systems that are unaffected by TH.

On that note, I'm a fan of the idea that SAM was designed as a hybrid DD/tank, and NIN more as a DD, but players took them other routes.
By NeboJones 2014-11-26 23:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I would have to say that if we took gearing standards now back then, MNK would have beaten THF through simple DPS. The part about slower TP phase and positioning was part of what I said about the meta being short bursts of damage, whereas we now know that DoT (WS and white) is superior.

You would be wrong. Gear stats now were not available back then. Neither were large amounts of haste/att/acc or support. TP burn only became a thing because evolutions of the game made them more efficient. Btw, this was not "intended" and the dev team was shocked for a long time that no one was using SC inentenionally outside of a few fights.

I think it speaks more to their competence than their intentions, to be honest. A very recent response regarding this very 1 hand ws damage issues was a quick back pedal when they said something like "In our previous response that 1 hand ws damage is fine we assumed that a player might be low level or playing solo. We did not consider support buffs or the delay reduction cap (aparently trusts aren't a thing either?). When you consider all these things, adjustment is necessary."

I really think they have no idea how OP SAM is right now and they don't test job balance based on end game grouping conditions.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-26 23:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You would be wrong. Gear stats now were not available back then. Neither were large amounts of haste/att/acc or support. TP burn only became a thing because evolutions of the game made them more efficient. Btw, this was not "intended" and the dev team was shocked for a long time that no one was using SC inentenionally outside of a few fights.

I think it speaks more to their competence than their intentions, to be honest. A very recent response regarding this very 1 hand ws damage issues was a quick back pedal when they said something like "In our previous response that 1 hand ws damage is fine we assumed that a player might be low level or playing solo. We did not consider support buffs or the delay reduction cap (aparently trusts aren't a thing either?). When you consider all these things, adjustment is necessary."

I really think they have no idea how OP SAM is right now and they don't test job balance based on end game grouping conditions.

Ah, but MNK DID have access to delay reduction, and was alone in that regard.

SAM has always been SE's baby, people need to get used to that and play around it, experience shows it wont change.

Link to that post please?
By NeboJones 2014-11-26 23:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

1st post

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-%28NO-DISCUSSION%29?p=6248058&viewfull=1#post6248058

Quote:
One-Handed Weapon Skill Damage (10/24)
As some players have pointed out, due to the difference in D values on one-handed and two-handed weapons, the weapon skill damage out of one-handed weapons and hand-to-hand weapons are much weaker. With that in consideration, we wish to adjust it so that one-hander and hand-to-hand weapons can make up for this difference through higher autoattack damage.
Weapon skill damage must be adjusted while considering how enemies much higher level than the player will not be affected simply be D values, but also attack, accuracy, critical hit rate etc.
With the above in consideration, we currently have no plans to greatly increase one-hander weapon skill damage as some players have asked, but because we wish to see events be open to various jobs, we will continue adjustments.

Reconsider

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-%28NO-DISCUSSION%29?p=6252224&viewfull=1#post6252224

Quote:
One-Handed Weapon Skill Damage Cont. (10/28)
Thank you for all your feedback.
Starting with the conclusion, after considering the damage over time of one-handed weapons, we have decided that we will consider raising the power of the high level weapon skills of these weapons.
When we had mentioned balancing in the earlier post, we did not mention that that statement was made under the assumption of a situation you are not receiving support such as from haste. We considered situations where players may still be low level or when they are not playing in parties, but also that players at high levels now often find themselves in parties with jobs such as Bards and Geomancers and very often hit the 80% delay reduction cap. With these, we concluded that it would be necessary to make adjustments.
However, one-handed jobs also possess unique abilities such as Treasure Hunter and Blue Magic as well, so we will consider such things as we plan for adjustments.
When we have worked out the details we will be sure to tell you on the forums, so please wait for a little while.

They also single out TH and Blue Magic as considerations. It was very suprising to me that they would respond to questions like this based around low level, buffless, solo play.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-26 23:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that. Isn't that basically what they did in this patch though? 'raising the power of the high level weapon skills of these weapons'

That isn't going to make 1h jobs anywhere near 2h for DD, unless stuff like rudras is bumped to 150% DEX mod and a 8.0+ http://ftp.
By NeboJones 2014-11-26 23:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that. Isn't that basically what they did in this patch though? 'raising the power of the high level weapon skills of these weapons'

That isn't going to make 1h jobs anywhere near 2h for DD, unless stuff like rudras is bumped to 150% DEX mod and a 8.0+ http://ftp.

I also have my doubts. It really depends on what the increases are. I'm excited either way. Both a potency and FTP boost to Rudra's? That's going to produce some pretty shots at least.

I'm certainly not going to say no to any DPS boosts, but I can't help but feel like it does nothing for the timer and positional bottlneck restricting THF dps at the moment...unless unstacked high level dagger WS magically become competetive after this update (doubtful).
 Phoenix.Elizabet
Server: Phoenix
user: Elizabet
By Phoenix.Elizabet 2014-12-02 04:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel that the smn changes / add are too little (again)... The issue is that if we want to compete we need to be able use BP:rage for dmg way more often than every 38ish seconds. Or it needs to deal ridiculous dmg on top content if we want to be brought as DDs...

That or we get brought as buffers through the new TP bonus ward + favors that should be more noticible / potent.

Wonder how TP bonus will play out with ifrit's favor and Ifrit's new Rage... but I am quite skeptical.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-12-02 05:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Elizabet said: »
I feel that the smn changes / add are too little (again)... The issue is that if we want to compete we need to be able use BP:rage for dmg way more often than every 38ish seconds. Or it needs to deal ridiculous dmg on top content if we want to be brought as DDs...

That or we get brought as buffers through the new TP bonus ward + favors that should be more noticible / potent.

Wonder how TP bonus will play out with ifrit's favor and Ifrit's new Rage... but I am quite skeptical.

We have no clue how good the new BP Rages are yet, so there's no way to judge if the changes are enough.

I'm not really sure if SMN is supposed to "compete" with DDs. We're a hybrid support/damage dealer.

Beyond that, the new buffs look great (TP Bonus, Hastega II). It's not like we're supposed to be beating DDs in damage, but we might be able to do a fair amount of damage on top of great support with the new changes.
 Phoenix.Elizabet
By Phoenix.Elizabet 2014-12-02 06:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
We have no clue how good the new BP Rages are yet, so there's no way to judge if the changes are enough.

I'm not really sure if SMN is supposed to "compete" with DDs. We're a hybrid support/damage dealer.

Beyond that, the new buffs look great (TP Bonus, Hastega II). It's not like we're supposed to be beating DDs in damage, but we might be able to do a fair amount of damage on top of great support with the new changes.

I'm fine if we arent supposed to compete with DDs... but that means we should be interchangeable with BRDs, CORs and GEOs, I mean in the eye of the community. I am hoping that Hastega2 and TP Bonus and the favors we brings can accomplish that.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-12-02 06:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I too am pretty pleased with the new buffs, the do give us a pretty competative edge with other support roles, situationally speaking of course.

The one real thing that holds us back in my opinion is the fact that our important buffs are given by different avatars and that Avatar's favor needs time to charge every time we resummon.
I don't know about you, but I certainly don't feel overpowered if they would just take the whole charging part out and let it have the potency decided by the amount of skill/gear enhancements.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-12-02 07:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SE Said said: »
"one-handed jobs also possess unique abilities such as Treasure Hunter"

Treasure Hunter is NOT a unique ability, every job in the game has access to Treasure Hunter now.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-02 08:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I also have my doubts. It really depends on what the increases are. I'm excited either way. Both a potency and FTP boost to Rudra's? That's going to produce some pretty shots at least.

I'm certainly not going to say no to any DPS boosts, but I can't help but feel like it does nothing for the timer and positional bottlneck restricting THF dps at the moment...unless unstacked high level dagger WS magically become competetive after this update (doubtful).

THF is already becoming quite competitive on boss fights if played properly, in things like High Tier Avatar Fights(or any High Tier fight that can use melee DD), lolUnity NM's, SoA basement NM's, and Incursion bosses(assuming quick erases on Bind), a good THF can keep up very well(or top the parse depending on the other DD's).

This update could very well be the edge THF needs to jump to new heights.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-02 08:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Actually stoked for an update for the first time in a while. Still a little annoyed at THF HP, it's biggest crutch. And still being 119. But yeah, Good ***for the single-handers. My body is ready for 50k Rudra's.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-02 08:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Actually stoked for an update for the first time in a while. Still a little annoyed at THF HP, it's biggest crutch. And still being 119. But yeah, Good ***for the single-handers. My body is ready for 50k Rudra's.

Well, I doubt the Rudra's Storm buff will give us THAT much damage, but it will probably be enough to be considered "splooge-worthy". :P
[+]
 Phoenix.Elizabet
By Phoenix.Elizabet 2014-12-02 20:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
I don't know about you, but I certainly don't feel overpowered if they would just take the whole charging part out and let it have the potency decided by the amount of skill/gear enhancements.

Just tossing that out there but how crazy would it be if WARDS BP would not have a recast timer at all. So we could be a bit more reactive with them?
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 20:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tossing that out there but how crazy would it be if WARDS BP would not have a recast timer at all. So we could be a bit more reactive with them?

Overpowered for sure.

Out of my mind, its like a fulltiming chainspell AoE stun with ramuh.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-12-02 20:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that the point of your new 2hr? :/
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-12-02 22:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
I dont see nothing new about smn except for 3 BP;
first
Titan

Megalith Throw lv 35

Now new BP is

Blood Pact: Rage: Crag Throw (Lv.99)

for me this look exactly same, we are getting a BP recycled, they could just revamp what we have and add something new

Ramuh

Chaotic Strike lv 70 BP

New BP is

Blood Pact: Rage: Volt Strike (Lv.99)

descrption look just same, nothing new maybe just animation

ifrit

Blood Pact: Rage: Conflagration Strike (Lv.99)
Deals fire elemental damage. Additional effect: Burn.
this BP is very similar on description to Burning strike, the diference is aditional effect burn, if dot is 3 mins will be cool with 10 hp tick minimum,

nice to have new BPs but not nice to see how SE is recycling old BP and trying sell them like new
Chances are, the only reason the other Celestials got BPs is cause Garuda would have 1 more than the other 5... Which is ugly.
So making V2s for a bunch of them is a quick fix.
Though Lord knows why Titan gets a third throw instead of a better Earthen Ward... Maybe next time then will bring adjustments to that and Noctoshield...
As for Carbuncle...
Trolling.
No new Cait Sith BPs... But Carbuncle gets a 10th BP? And a worthless one at that?
Clear trolling.

Buuuuuuuuut.... At least that means next time Cait Sith should get the rest of Her's....
Maybe the next SMN adjustment will be "past the 75era" themed.
By Chyula 2014-12-02 23:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys got it all wrong, these new bp are preparing for the eventual release of Logwatch2.0 triggers.