New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Returning advise
Returning advise
By psychobloke 2014-11-26 03:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys

I'm thinking about returning after leaving just before SoA was released and wanted to ask a few questions.

What is the server like now? are there many people doing events/working together or is it all solo work nowadays?

i have finished all missions bar the WotG ones but i have yet to get a single relic mythic or empryan weapon for my jobs (THF, SMN, COR, DRG) but i had OK gear, how difficult will it be to get into SoA content and what would be your advise on what to get done next?

i know the jobs i have are not the most useful but i only play this game for fun casually but i am hoping i can at least find some fun stuff to do if i return.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-11-26 04:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck!
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 04:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do I begin?
Well~...

[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-11-26 04:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

psychobloke said: »
Hi guys

I'm thinking about returning after leaving just before SoA was released and wanted to ask a few questions.

What is the server like now? are there many people doing events/working together or is it all solo work nowadays?

i have finished all missions bar the WotG ones but i have yet to get a single relic mythic or empryan weapon for my jobs (THF, SMN, COR, DRG) but i had OK gear, how difficult will it be to get into SoA content and what would be your advise on what to get done next?

i know the jobs i have are not the most useful but i only play this game for fun casually but i am hoping i can at least find some fun stuff to do if i return.

First off, Welcome Back! :D

1. I'm not on Asura so I can't say what it's like over there event wise, but if it's like Bahamut then you can still see some events going on daily.

2. Before starting SoA missions or anything in regards to SoA, I would recommend grinding up some Sparks of Eminence from Records of Eminence, save them up and get some ilvl (Item level) 117 armor/weapons to hold you over til you can get some delve done and get ilvl 119 gear. You can get into Wildskeeper Reives and get some ilvl 115 gear/weapons that can be augmented with some good stuff if you collect the wkr boss paragons (select content, then wildskeeper reive, then the area/boss you will fight) and they will drop the paragon you need when they are defeated.

You can also get into Unity now, and you can also save up accolades to join Unity Wanted Battles with other unity members. Collect accolades and you can also get some good ilvl 119 armor/weapons that way as well.

Once you free comfortable with SoA stuff, you can start the missions, which most are easy in the beginning but will get harder later and you might want to look for a group to help you out.

I would recommend working some support jobs like WHM and BRD if you want to get into some events. Or if you're COR is good, just work on getting a good gun, bullets, MACC/Recycle gear etc etc. Relic and AF gear can be reforged to ilvl 109 and ilvl 119 now so I would recommend getting some pieces done.

All in all, focus on getting some good gear, get into a good LS and you'll be well on your way.

If you need extra help click here: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

Good Luck!
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-11-26 06:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
Where do I begin?
Well~...

Chuckled. Alot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-26 06:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Where do I begin?
Well~...

Chuckled. Alot.
and yet I only got it, the second time I clicked it.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 06:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Where do I begin?
Well~...

Chuckled. Alot.
and yet I only got it, the second time I clicked it.

xD

Same thing happened to me. Stole that from AnnaMolly, Idk if she was the first to do it though.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 06:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though OP. I say post on the Asura forum for a LS and level a couple jobs they need that they are willing to help you gear.

Also this is the perfect avatar for you

psychobloke
[+]
By psychobloke 2014-11-26 10:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the advice, its really helpful.

it took me 4 attempts before i got the link XD im pretty slow.
and the avatar is perfect XD

how tough is it to gear up for SoA lately? i have never been able to dedicate to real hardcore endgame stuff in the past due to work so im wondering if its a bit more casual friendly?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.