Seductive Radiance - SMN's Inquire Within.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Seductive Radiance - SMN's inquire within.
Seductive Radiance - SMN's inquire within.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-04 10:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, I plan on holding out on using my Foreboding Hand Abj until I can get a Hexed Gages-1, but that being said, it seems the NQ version is still very good by comparison to everything else for the hand slot.

Does anyone know if there might be recent testing done comparing the Auspex/Spurrina Gages to other hand armors?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-12-04 11:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got Head and hands... went 4 times....

YAY

Also Avalon you could just do the BCNM again till you get another hand abj. to screw around with the Nq...
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-04 11:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Just got Head and hands... went 4 times....

YAY

Also Avalon you could just do the BCNM again till you get another hand abj. to screw around with the Nq...

Yeah I'm going to farm more seals and keep trying until the campaign is over. The NQ is definitely worth using but only if I'm able to get a 2nd Abjuration.

Grats on your Hand Abj!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-12-04 17:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Can the other area's that drop different Legion Abjuration be solo'd with say MNK or THF? Seeing as this is old content. Or does the area that includes 6 mobs a bit harder?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-12-04 17:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the Balga's Dais: Avian Apostates Solo on thf/dnc.

didn't even dent my thf at all and was smooth.

gonna test the others BCs later
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2014-12-04 17:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a side note to those that didn't know, The HKCNM50 Nest of Nightmares has a chance of dropping a random Hexed item, and a VERY low chance of dropping an -1 Hexed item. That being said, I wouldn;t waste your time too much unless you have an absurd amount of seals. I burned prolly 500 HKC and got a single NQ Hexed Tights.

As for the strategy on SMN, it goes like this:

Let your light spirit buff you outside of the BCNM with Pro5 and Shell5 then enter. Cast the typical Stoneskin, Phalanx, Blink, Haste ect... on yourself and summon Ramuh or Shiva (I like Ramuh for stun). Run in and aggro everything and wait for them to bunch up on you then Shock Squall. The usual dmg resistances are reversed in this battle so Apogee > Chaotic Strike 2 of the elementals and assault Ramuh on a 3rd one while you melee with him, they die quickly. In the meantime use Thunderstorm every chance you get on the big Roc bird. As the elementals die he becomes weaker to magic, by the time all 4 are dead 1-2 Thunderstorms should kill him.

I did record a video of me doing it but Windows Movie Maker will not let me edit the AVI so I will post it later when I get a chance to convert it. Good luck!
By Crevox 2014-12-04 21:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rough drop rate. :\

Even looking at FFXIDB shows the low rates... and so many different possibilities.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-04 22:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »

Even looking at FFXIDB shows the low rates... and so many different possibilities.

FFXIDB wouldn't be accurate. The abjurations only drop during campaigns.
By onvasquez 2014-12-04 23:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got 1. Damn thing took more tries than my Defending Ring. So anyone have the -1 =D also how much does it cost.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2014-12-04 23:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys were not kidding about drop rate. 0/19 on hands so far.

The game mocks me be by providing plenty of Foreboding abjuration head/body/legs feet in my drop pool.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-12-05 00:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
Crevox said: »

FFXIDB wouldn't be accurate. The abjurations only drop during campaigns.

I know, of course, but it's still only like 1-2 drops of each. Compare that against other BC special campaign drops etc.
By Kell 2014-12-05 01:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

1/6, picked up head abj as well in one of my two solos. Going to finish out my KCs on getting a friend a hands abj, then try for that hexed BCNM.

Not surprisingly, 0 NQ or HQ up on the AH on Quetz, and no mats.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-12-05 04:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 on hands.........

I wanted head and body ; ; 0/8
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-05 06:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

onvasquez said: »
Finally got 1. Damn thing took more tries than my Defending Ring. So anyone have the -1 =D also how much does it cost.

They are very rare, and expensive. Reason? It's a T1 HQ synth and requires ethereal squama. squama only comes from two places, verthandi (old voidwalker NM) which only has a 50% at best drop rate, the other is celaeno and a couple other voidwatch NMs with a less than 1% drop rate. on my server the squama goes for 500k and would be lucky to see 1 a week on AH. When I crafted a few hexed -1s I averaged about 1 in 12. So make sure you get at least a stack of ingredients, which will probably take a very very long time, as no one really farms Voidwatch and Voidwalker NMs much anymore.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-05 08:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

onvasquez said: »

They are very rare, and expensive. Reason? It's a T1 HQ synth and requires ethereal squama. squama only comes from two places, verthandi (old voidwalker NM) which only has a 50% at best drop rate, the other is celaeno and a couple other voidwatch NMs with a less than 1% drop rate. on my server the squama goes for 500k and would be lucky to see 1 a week on AH. When I crafted a few hexed -1s I averaged about 1 in 12. So make sure you get at least a stack of ingredients, which will probably take a very very long time, as no one really farms Voidwatch and Voidwalker NMs much anymore.

They're worth it imo, particularly to a career SMN like me. I'd even be willing to pay a little bit more to have the Hexed Gages-1 brought to me on my server. I just need to find that skilled nomad crafter that enjoys traveling abroad. :)
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-05 09:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with 2 THF at one point, I'm 0/10 in Dragon Scales. Haven't seen any abjuration, but I'm only interested in hands. I'm pretty much out of seals, traded in some from Sheemo and from login campaign's Moogle. Might just have to do Seductive Radiance from the looks of it.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-05 09:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Even with 2 THF at one point, I'm 0/10 in Dragon Scales. Haven't seen any abjuration, but I'm only interested in hands. I'm pretty much out of seals, traded in some from Sheemo and from login campaign's Moogle. Might just have to do Seductive Radiance from the looks of it.

Not sure what your budget is but you might consider buying seals/orbs from someone who is sitting on a ton of seals and doesn't have anything to spend them on.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-12-05 12:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Dragon Scales a bcnm that has a chest at the end?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-05 12:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Dragon Scales a bcnm that has a chest at the end?

There's a chest, but 100% of the time I never saw a single Abjuration from it, only from the Dragons.
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-05 14:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working on finishing up the final stretch on my Nirvana, just over 5,000 Alexandrite to go. So I'm not planning on buying orbs for the meantime.
But yes, there is a chest in the BCNM but there's an in game campaign which added some extra drops to mobs in the battlefields.
3) Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign
During the event, vanquishing specific monsters in the following battlefields will reward you with a variety of items, including materials needed to create +2 empyrean equipment, Mog Bonanza kupons, Dynamis currency, synthesis materials, and more!
* During this campaign, the ratio of seals needed to be traded to Shemo in Port Jeuno (H-8) will decrease from 3:1 to 2:1. (Added Dec. 3, 2014) http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/13365/detail.html
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-09 08:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend and I obtained a double Foreboding Hands drop last night from a single run. I'm so stoked that I can use the NQ gloves while waiting to obtain a HQ.
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-12-09 08:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
A friend and I obtained a double Foreboding Hands drop last night from a single run. I'm so stoked that I can use the NQ gloves while waiting to obtain a HQ.

Yeah, now I know where all the drops went. :(
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-09 09:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Yeah, now I know where all the drops went. :(

Aww, I figured you two were farming the same thing. :P

Keep at it!
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-12-09 21:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally, another dozen orbs or so. Now need the hexed gages lol. Anyone selling or make?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-18 11:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to get one for myself finally as well. The 2 for 1 exchange rate helped as well as the bonus drop rates for all seals. Wish it were permanent rather than limited time. But oh well, now I hafta find myself a pair of Hexed Gages as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-08 08:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
Finally, another dozen orbs or so. Now need the hexed gages lol. Anyone selling or make?

A few weeks late on the response, but it's worth mentioning that Cahl and Zaub are now high enough in Alchemy to possibly HQ hexed gages. The obvious difficult-to-obtain synthesis mat is going to be Ethereal Squama, but hit either of them up if you get the mats.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-08 09:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to get one for myself finally as well. The 2 for 1 exchange rate helped as well as the bonus drop rates for all seals. Wish it were permanent rather than limited time. But oh well, now I hafta find myself a pair of Hexed Gages as well.
From what I've noticed, they tend to do this event about every 3 months or so. I'd wager it'll return sometime around March/April.