Seductive Radiance - SMN's Inquire Within.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Seductive Radiance - SMN's inquire within.
Seductive Radiance - SMN's inquire within.
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-25 10:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks,

I'm wanting to organize an upcoming Seductive Radiance event here in the very near future for a shot at the Foreboding Abjuration: Hands (aka Auspex/Spurrina Gages). To be clear, these aren't the only Hand Abjuration that drops in this BC, so perhaps people might be interested in acquiring some for their DD jobs as well.

Here's the progression list in order as needed to obtain the completed Gages:

Or

Here is a bit of info on the BC and what drops:

Seductive Radiance

I have a few people interested already but I wanted to do a server-wide 'shout' so to speak and see if anyone else might want to participate. There is no date set yet but once enough people respond I'll post again when the event will be. I'll also contact everyone in-game and talk with you about the details.

Note: This BC requires that you have access to Provenance, so be sure and check out the following page for details on how to get access.

Voidwatch Quests

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-25 13:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanion belt drops from here as well which is still awesome for blue spells and chant. So you probably won't have any issues getting a couple blus on your run.
By onvasquez 2014-11-28 23:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Count me in. I want them hands as well.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-29 01:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little aside, the upcoming event will have all abjurations from the Foreboding/Auspex set available from the enemies in the Dragon Scales BC (50 Kindred Crests/Deimos Orb, Chamber of Oracles).
[+]
By Crevox 2014-11-29 03:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Just a little aside, the upcoming event will have all abjurations from the Foreboding/Auspex set available from the enemies in the Dragon Scales BC (50 Kindred Crests/Deimos Orb, Chamber of Oracles).

Oooh...

If this is true, I'm gonna burn some seals!
[+]
 Cerberus.Rabies
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-11-29 04:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be down to try some Ava, Tho I'm still on T5 Jeuno might need some help doing T5 and T6 if want to setup with me one day^^
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-29 07:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info on the Dragonscale BC. Is it soloable?
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2014-11-29 16:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

When does this event take place? I remember seeing something about it but can't seem to find the info now.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-29 16:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

dragon scales should easily be soloable it was an easy duo before ilvl
By Pantafernando 2014-11-29 16:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, its soloable, but there is an important trick that if you dont pay attention, you gonna lose.

Wikia says the strategy, you cant have a high differnce in hp between the 2 dragons. Must hit 10% in one dragon, then change for next and hit 20%, and so go on.

If you kill one dragon and leave the other one intact, the lasting one will rage.
By Zoltar 2014-11-29 20:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Which event will feature dragon scales hosting foreboding abj's?
By Zoltar 2014-11-29 21:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind its the Dec.2nd-18th campaign, but where does it state the foreboding abjurations?
By kazekostryge 2014-11-29 21:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

this foreboding abjuration hands also drops from tsui goab
By Zoltar 2014-11-29 21:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

kazekostryge said: »
this foreboding abjuration hands also drops from tsui goab

Yeah, shame the drop rate is horrible. :/
By kazekostryge 2014-11-29 21:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i think finding people for your seductive radiance be more horrible than spamming a readily accessible voidwatch nm, but thats just my two cents
By Zoltar 2014-11-29 21:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather go on THF and spam the hell outta Dragon Scales if it indeed drops them...
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2014-11-30 00:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
I'd rather go on THF and spam the hell outta Dragon Scales if it indeed drops them...
It does. I got the foreboding abj hands from the Dragon Scales campaign in October. Also got the legs+feet abj to drop too. If I can recall, it took me around ~25 tries until the hands abj finally dropped. I don't know if thats good or bad, but I'd thought I'd share that.

It's not hard at all. My mule was even able to solo this, and it had meh gear and skill. Mind you, I did get petrified from Black Dragon in adoulin-era gear, but you can turn to avoid petro eyes. Red Dragon does Null Song, so don't stack up on buffs (you don't need it anyways). I fought the dragons evenly til the end, especially on my weak mule.

Good luck!

Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-30 00:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind its the Dec.2nd-18th campaign, but where does it state the foreboding abjurations?
While it's not stated anywhere on official posts, it has consistently dropped from there during previous events like the upcoming one, so it's extremely likely that it will drop there again. Note that you have 2 NMs in that BC, each with a chance of dropping a random abjuration from that set, so it may take a number of tries. If the abjuration is normally as rare as this thread makes it seem to be, then it should certainly help.

I don't believe TH affects the drop on it, though, as the number of slots from the event are set, with a random chance of certain items appearing in each slot (like with pixie earring/defending ring).
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-30 00:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Prophecyy said: »
It does. I got the foreboding abj hands from the Dragon Scales campaign in October. Also got the legs+feet abj to drop too. If I can recall, it took me around ~25 tries until the hands abj finally dropped. I don't know if thats good or bad, but I'd thought I'd share that.

It's not hard at all. My mule was even able to solo this, and it had meh gear and skill. Mind you, I did get petrified from Black Dragon in adoulin-era gear, but you can turn to avoid petro eyes. Red Dragon does Null Song, so don't stack up on buffs (you don't need it anyways). I fought the dragons evenly til the end, especially on my weak mule.

Good luck!

Thanks for posting this!
By Zoltar 2014-11-30 20:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah thanks again for posting this. I'm gonna attempt this KCNM with Ramuh and just Thunderspark then both...should be fairly easy, right?
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2014-11-30 21:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah thanks again for posting this. I'm gonna attempt this KCNM with Ramuh and just Thunderspark then both...should be fairly easy, right?
I personally would go a DD job and sub dancer to cure yourself. My main went THF/DNC to evade and cure myself. My mule was WAR/DNC (the twilight set saved me cuz I did die to petroeyes once, got back up, healed up, and won). You can try with SMN solo, but I didn't want to take the risk losing 50 kindred crests.

Keep in mind, TH doesn't seem to have an impact in the campaign. I chose THF to keep myself alive for faster spamming.
By Zoltar 2014-11-30 22:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the tips. I was originally thinking mnk/dnc or thf/dnc but a little afraid they will be overpowered and cause involuntary rages.

That said, I pictured my avatar can aoe both and deal fairly equal damage. Plus, if it dies I can kite/re-summon
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-30 22:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the drop rate is for the Abjurations in the Dragon Scale BC?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-01 00:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

A few notes:
- The event starts Tuesday, Dec 2 at like 9 AM PST.
- The drops are independant of TH, so simply go as any job you're comfortable on.
- The enemies in this BC are rather weak, so shouldn't be hard at all with even sparks gear. However, from what I've read, to make it simple, you need to keep their HP within 10% of each other regularly, so pay close attention or bring a friend to help. Not sure how strong they get when they rage.
- Note that the black dragon can use Petro Eyes, but this can be avoided by turning away, or bringing a friend with Stona (can trusts be used here? I forget).
- Going by my own experiences with other BCs with the same event going, the drop rate on abjurations is something like 25%, with an equal chance of each piece, so roughly 5% chance of the hands abjuration if my number is anything close to accurate.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-01 05:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Anyone know what the drop rate is for the Abjurations in the Dragon Scale BC?
I spammed the dragon scales bc like crazy and i'd say 15% drop is a far more reasonable estimate for abjs.
If you want the hands or the coif to drop plan to burn at least 20 orbs or hope you get lucky which is about the drop rate from ffxidb.

I did the bc over 60 times with a friend and body/leg drops were far more common than head/hands/feet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2014-12-02 20:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well went 1/1 just now. Used Ramuh thunderspark method and was a piece of cake. Honestly prolly coulda just apogee > Flaming Crush each one and been done.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 20:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can solo as thf with espial set, dont need to elaborate too much. Its old content, so their accuracy (if not raged) is pretty bad, enough to heal with just curing waltz).
 Siren.Jedd
Server: Siren
user: Jedd
By Siren.Jedd 2014-12-02 21:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Note that you have 2 NMs in that BC, each with a chance of dropping a random abjuration from that set, so it may take a number of tries.

So if this BC only drops Foreboding, do others drop the other Legion abjurations? If so, does anyone happen to know which?

Either way, great info, thanks. Been wanting some of this gear just for looks alone.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-02 22:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Jedd said: »
So if this BC only drops Foreboding, do others drop the other Legion abjurations? If so, does anyone happen to know which?

All are Deimos Orb (50 Kindred Crest) BCs:
Corvine (Hrafn) - Horlais Peak: Last Orc-Shunned Hero
Supernal (Tenryu) - Waughroon Shrine: Shell Shocked
Transitory (Kheper) - Balga's Dais: Avian Apostates
Foreboding (Auspex) - Chamber of Oracles: Dragon Scales
Lenitive (Paean) - Sacrificial Chamber: Whom Wilt Thou Call
First Page 2 3