Getting AF pages
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2014-11-23 18:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Guys,

Just wondered what the best way to get pages is for AF and other upgrades, I have all jobs at 99 but seeing as I just returned most of them are either level 99 gear or not geared at all.

I have worked on Dancer just because its easy to solo, but is it easier for me to solo some 'easy' fights or gear a specific job with worse gear eg support from eminance/WKR in the hopes of a shout group?

I've read about the fights but having done nothing in a shout group since basically VW i'm a bit behind on what is expected.
 Siren.Sieha
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-23 18:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pages? In abyssea its best to have some kind of mage job like blm or blu/blm to proc the nms. otherwise its less likely to get much done.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-23 18:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure he's talking about REM's if he has all jobs at 99. SKCNM's and high tier battlefields or farm sparks. That's basically it.
 Siren.Scottyb
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2014-11-23 18:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes sorry I meant REM, Ive read a bit on bg since posting, is it difficult to solo or use trusts to do the normal/easy ones?
By fillerbunny9 2014-11-23 18:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I routinely dual box the BCNMs for pages 1-5 (except body, have yet to try that one) as BLU & WHM on Normal. run in, Dream Flower, whittle them down one by one, reapply sleep as needed. since you can take Trusts in, that makes it even easier.

if this is beyond your range, I recommend starting your own shout groups. full sparks gear is going to be "good enough" for doing the BCMNs, though you're still going to want WKR gear because you will not be rocking 5/5 AF or Relic even once upgraded.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-23 19:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's best to get a full party if you can as you get pages for every fight as a personal reward.
By charlo999 2014-11-23 19:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

All of them I've done on normal on thf/DNc with 2 brd trusts and koro-moro rdm trust casts protect shell cure phalanx 2 haste 2, and strong debuffs.
They go down really fast with capped magic haste and haste samba. And tp gain is so fast curing isn't a problem. Just have a half decent pdt set for maybe the first mob/mob SPs as your super tanking them all then swap accordingly. Full wayfarers set for taking magic with some mdt rings and twilight torque and nothing magic wise will hurt you.
Will get 2-4 pages from box and 2 at clearance, so 4-6 per run. They last about 6-10 mins a run.
Dancer would prob be even faster.