First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-23 15:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Since I'm a economic major and my job have nothing to do with economics I am looking to put my studies to good use. I will buy ur items for a certain price below ah if it's resell able. So no need to undercut. I'll just wait till market clears to resell.

Ex:
Airlixers +2: 30 on ah. Current price. 490. I'll buy yours for 450k
Kaggen cuticles: 5 on ah current price 1.2 million I'll buy yours for 950k since its a little harder to resell.
Heavy metals: I'll buy for 100k to resell for 110k since it's easy to resell.

Just contact me Ingame for details. Just doing this thought it might be fun lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-23 16:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how I made almost all my money back in the day. I recommend aiming for at least a 10% profit margin even on fast-selling goods. Anything below that isn't worth the effort it takes to carry it around. These days I pretty much only resell if I can expect a 50% profit margin minimum.

Also, keep in mind that casual reselling is dangerous. You can really get screwed if you lose touch with the market.
[+]
By Elazar1 2014-11-23 17:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Hello,

Since I'm a economic major and my job have nothing to do with economics I am looking to put my studies to good use. I will buy ur items for a certain price below ah if it's resell able. So no need to undercut. I'll just wait till market clears to resell.
Ex:
Kaggen cuticles: 5 on ah current price 1.2 million I'll buy yours for 950k since its a little harder to resell.

so yeah I will sell you hmp and relic upgrades cheap, because these item's sell so slow,,,,,,, and let you make more gil off them, i then I do, yup smart business. .
By Pantafernando 2014-11-23 17:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
Hello,

Ex:

so yeah I will sell you hmp and relic upgrades cheap, because these item's sell so slow,,,,,,, and let you make more gil off them, i then I do, yup smart business. .

For stuffs like hmp and currency, bazaared and that sell fast, really dont make much sense, but for stuffs sold in ah like airlixir and wailing stones, it becomes valid. Because of how high the offer can be (can go from zero in stock to 70 in few hours), as well the ah slot limitations, i would be willing to sell even a bit cheaper.

But hmp... No way.
By Calibeaner916 2014-11-23 18:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Ex:

Haters gon hate. Amymy is an amazing player and cool person! make yo gils!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-23 18:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »
Hello,

Ex:

Haters gon hate. Amymy is an amazing player and cool person! make yo gils!

Lol if it's stuff like 100 byne I'm only gonna pay 350k. I'm pretty much looking at the kaggen cuticle airlixer +2 markets and such because I get so many of them thru voidwatch and delve I don't want any idiots undercutting them and invalidating my effort.
Lol
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-23 18:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
This is how I made almost all my money back in the day. I recommend aiming for at least a 10% profit margin even on fast-selling goods. Anything below that isn't worth the effort it takes to carry it around. These days I pretty much only resell if I can expect a 50% profit margin minimum.

Also, keep in mind that casual reselling is dangerous. You can really get screwed if you lose touch with the market.

Thanks byrth. Trying to use what I learn in school. I usually lose real money in stock market lol
 Lakshmi.Feint
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-11-23 18:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Ex:

You're doing what I use to do! Don't forget to check Jeuno's bazaars everyday :D
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-23 19:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
Hello,

Ex:

You're doing what I use to do! Don't forget to check Jeuno's bazaars everyday :D

Lol no I wait for people to make me a good offer lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Kathee
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2015-02-12 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since didn't work on Lakshmi ....

I know you're Foreverj on Bahamut, I'm thinking you're Forevera on Lakshmi now. So you are buying cheap on Bahamut and reselling for quite a bit of profit on Lakshmi. I know people do this all this time, but I also know those same people don't go around bragging how much they do for the community or berating players for not being involved in the community.

Lakshmi people, buy delve, vw mats from bazaars or shout. Don't let this person make a 50% profit from you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-12 12:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kathee said: »
Well since didn't work on Lakshmi ....

I know you're Foreverj on Bahamut, I'm thinking you're Forevera on Lakshmi now. So you are buying cheap on Bahamut and reselling for quite a bit of profit on Lakshmi. I know people do this all this time, but I also know those same people don't go around bragging how much they do for the community or berating players for not being involved in the community.

Lakshmi people, buy delve, vw mats from bazaars or shout. Don't let this person make a 50% profit from you.

U mad?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-12 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just here minding my own business. I hadn't read anything written about me so you won't get me to comment further. I also got the warning from aelius last night. any remarks said about me will be ignored and reported.

Have a wonderful day.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-12 12:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yggdreant Bole on Bahamut: 800,000
Yggdreant Bole on Lakshmi: 1.3m
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-12 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this bannable offense? If so can contact in game gm get me banned I'll unsub this character and unsub the character that never left lakshmi, saving me 30 a month.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-12 12:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not the same as price-fixing, where you are deliberately trying to trick players intp selling an item for significantly lower than market value, and then readjusting the price after you've whorded all the proceeds.

If players agree to sell at a certain price via AH or baz, then its fine.
 Lakshmi.Minivict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2015-02-12 12:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2015-02-12 13:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see what the issue is... people are impatient this person offers a quick sale and of course it will be at a reduced price.... But the person is getting the gil potentially faster... If you think you can get the gil faster without taking a hit or your prepared to wait you won't sell.... so what's the *** issue here? I sold a speed belt in 2007 or something for 35mil had I waited people were paying up to 60 but I didn't want to wait.... so yeah.... unless I've completely missed the point...
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-02-12 13:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Something about shout groups and community.
By LakshmiArtemas 2015-02-12 13:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahaahaahaahaha.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-12 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just here minding my own business. I hadn't read anything written about me so you won't get me to comment further. I also got the warning from aelius last night. any remarks said about me will be ignored and reported.

Have a wonderful day.

I just want to point out that another member of the community was just minding their business when you called them out in multiple threads. That's not meant as a jab or anything, just something to think about.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-12 13:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like she was hiding it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-12 14:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

@Sambb - You did miss the point.
It's just mighty hypocritical, that's all.
Nobody is going to particularly shoot this down for what it really is, but to Kathee & Jassik's point, you've been crusading to be helping others, all the while hiding under the guise of "profit & convenience". I think we all figured this out weeks ago when you practically salivated at the mouth at the idea of coming back to Lakshmi to sell Sombra/Nomk to me. It's not price fixing or bannable, but it's quite fitting to see the Infamous Hero of Lakshmi involved in this underhanded transaction. For the community, right?

Probably got a linkpearl in different places spying too. But whatevs. All that nonsense you said to Lenus about him doing nothing for the community is funny.

But you're still the victim who's being bullied by elite players, right?

k
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-12 14:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So what. People have been sending mules to different servers for cheap stuff for years. Alex, dyna currency, Imp Wootz Ingots, etc. If someone wants to buy cheap delve mats, they can spend the money on server transfers, and do it themselves.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-12 14:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So, is this now a player warning thread?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-12 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You're ignorant to the discussions that have taken place for the past few weeks.

Nobody is condemning the act itself. But when you've made it a habit of calling out people for sitting in their elite LSs and doing nothing for the community, and here you are transferring characters between your new home and old home....your argument is shot to sh*t.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-12 14:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason that some people are upset with Amymy's actions is that Amymy claims to be a unifying force working for the good of their entire server and bringing the whole population together in harmony, yada yada yada. Then they do stuff like this and it just rubs people the wrong way. Anyways, just explaining the situation. I'm not on Lakshmi so I'm not getting involved further.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-12 15:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, helping/not helping/attacking another player have nothing to do with economy.

I totally disagree with every post amyamy did in the last 2 threads. She was clearly wrong.

But in this thread, shes not. Actually, though it doesnt seems so, if she manages to sell stuffs, even for higher price, its in fact helping community. increasing offer IS a good deed. Its fulfilling the full concept of economy. It would be worse not having the item, even overpriced, because then it would have an amount of people that can not satisfy the server demand.

Lakshmi seems to have an offer problem if the lack of stock made those items so much more expensive than bahamuts. Amyamy is unconsciously helping in that issue, being the price the driving factor.

On the other side, its amazing that lakshmi managed those prices. I guess there arent enou botter or multi boxers there. In servers like asura, odin, bahamut it seems, those people would never allow those mats to be so expensive.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-12 15:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Btw, helping/not helping/attacking another player have nothing to do with economy.

I totally disagree with every post amyamy did in the last 2 threads. She was clearly wrong.

But in this thread, shes not. Actually, though it doesnt seems so, if she manages to sell stuffs, even for higher price, its in fact helping community. increasing offer IS a good deed. Its fulfilling the full concept of economy. It would be worse not having the item, even overpriced, because then it would have an amount of people that can not satisfy the server demand.

Lakshmi seems to have an offer problem if the lack of stock made those items so much more expensive than bahamuts. Amyamy is unconsciously helping in that issue, being the price the driving factor.

On the other side, its amazing that lakshmi managed those prices. I guess there arent enou botter or multi boxers there. In servers like asura, odin, bahamut it seems, those people would never allow those mats to be so expensive.

Panta. Thank you.

I have stopped posting after my last comment thanking verda's advice. Kathee personally look for this thread to continue to derail me. Yes I have been buying up boles for 500-600k at bahamut. This was done in advance weeks ago and have nothing to do with kathee or anybody. I mind my own business and not going to go in other peoples thread and read what they say about me.

You guys can continue to derail me for eternity if that makes you all feel better or more manly.

And yes this makes bole more affordable for the community .
By Colossusx 2015-02-12 16:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a big deal really, but isn't this "almost" the same thing as buying gil? You pay S/E to transfer mule/alt w/e, buy something with the intention of making gil. So you're tradeing RL money to make gil.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-12 16:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Colossusx said: »
Not a big deal really, but isn't this "almost" the same thing as buying gil? You pay S/E to transfer mule/alt w/e, buy something with the intention of making gil. So you're tradeing RL money to make gil.

It's a really bad way to buy gil, unless you can make like 35M per transfer. It's more of a "well, I'm changing servers anyway, might as well make some gil off it" kinda thing.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7