Other ways to twobox
First Page 2
 Odin.Princebob
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Princebob
By Odin.Princebob 2014-11-21 11:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Any other ways to 2box besides windower? Cant get windower to to work since windows 8.1 update. crashes when press play.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2014-11-21 11:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

2 computers
 Fenrir.Nauta
Server: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-21 11:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you play on ubuntu you can run two instances of ffxi at once. Just throwing it out there.
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-11-21 11:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

virtual machine would be an option.

Theres also a Windower option, cant remember the name though. If i remember rightly Jetackuu multiboxes, he might be able to assist
 Fenrir.Nauta
Server: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-11-21 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
virtual machine would be an option.

Theres also a Windower option, cant remember the name though. If i remember rightly Jetackuu multiboxes, he might be able to assist

I had a vm installed a while back and it would case ffxi to flicker every 3 seconds. It didn't really inhibit the game play but it was annoying as heck. Not sure if it still happens.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-21 12:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't beat two computers and average multi-tasking skills.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-11-21 12:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

you're playing an MMO, make friends to play with!
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-11-21 12:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

virtual machine
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-11-21 12:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Can't beat two computers and average multi-tasking skills.

One computer, send, and mild automation
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-11-21 12:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Try Ashita if Windower isn't working for you.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-21 13:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
you're playing an MMO, make friends to play with!

Oh_you.jpg

you dont make friends you have people near you that you tolerate for brief periods of time while throwing darts at their pictures every time they out lot you.
By Wigs 2014-11-21 13:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How about finding a friend and playing with them?.....
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-21 13:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

multiboxing and making friends aren't mutually exclusive, unless you force your friends to play exact same hours as you you're still going to have uses for your multiboxes

never mind that many events require more than 2 people for success
By Pantafernando 2014-11-21 13:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pc + xbox.
 Odin.Princebob
By Odin.Princebob 2014-11-21 13:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tryed Ashita couldnt get it to work anything else. after 2boxing using 1pc i will never do anything else that requires 2 screens. thanks for all the advice
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-11-21 14:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

FriendS
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-11-21 14:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are loading 1 instance up all the way, then starting the 2nd instance which forces the crash, you may want to try loading them both at the same time.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2014-11-21 14:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to order a pair of friends with jalapenos please.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2014-11-21 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Try running the second windower as administrator. It fixed it for me.
 Odin.Princebob
By Odin.Princebob 2014-11-21 15:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

naw it crashes from POL to FFXI no matter what i do. i even tryed uninstall everything and reinstall ( a waste of a few hours) still nothing will work.
By volkom 2014-11-21 15:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 15:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Princebob said: »
Tryed Ashita couldnt get it to work anything else. after 2boxing using 1pc i will never do anything else that requires 2 screens. thanks for all the advice
I use vmware, 3 monitors, and 3 controllers, have each instance isolated.

I used to play with all 3 accounts on my laptop with windower, I hated not being able to see what's going on on the other character, even though I can't really control them that well at the same time.

That being said: do you have directplay and .net framework 3.5 enabled in "legacy" under "programs and features" (or whatever it's called in 8 now, old "add/remove programs in XP) "windows components" (iirc).

I haven't played with 8 much, but the issues I've heard with it are hit and miss and haven't been isolated.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 15:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
Try running the second windower as administrator. It fixed it for me.
should be running as admin anyway...
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 15:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

naw it crashes from POL to FFXI no matter what i do. i even tryed uninstall everything and reinstall ( a waste of a few hours) still nothing will work.
even reinstalled windows? or just XI?
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 15:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
1. while that's really cool, it's going a bit overboard, would need a severe case of adhd, and or crack.

2. while cool, some of those towers look shitty, and the other clutter worry me, I imagine something is going to fry, that and what's with the seemingly brand new laptops, that seems a bit off.

3. eww trackballs
 Valefor.Vaeria
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Vaeria 2014-11-21 15:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Install an old version of Windows OS? I use 7 and dbox fine.

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous but why put up with 8?
 Odin.Princebob
By Odin.Princebob 2014-11-21 15:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

just XI. im not computer tech savy at all, dunno how to begin to reinstall win8 or even switch to win7.
also not sure win7 compatible wit my pc since its basically a big tablet

Lenovo Horizin 27" its a big peice of crap really i hate it but still paying it off so gonna be at least a year or two before i buy another pc
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 15:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ah, well if you can install windows to a vm you can install it to a physical box

I personally use vmware (virtualbox doesn't do direct3d) but I am using workstation, but player should work just as well, it also does the direct3d acceleration.

I install windows 7 vms, manually (option for installing the OS "later" that way it doesn't do the "quick setup" but that is an option, I just prefer to change some of the settings myself).

throw microsoft security essentials on the thing, and then proceed to install, they have the files on the playonline.com site again, if you need them, and I can go dig up my windows 7 link if you need it.

now for activation purposes as it will eventually *** you should buy a key, but you can always use something like windows loader by daz, it's kind of a preboot hack that activates it.

That being said, I'm running on a 3570k i5 with 32gb of ram and a nvidia 660 gpu, but I run 3 23.6" 1080p monitors with that, no issue. (assigned one core to each vm, sometimes when I boot them from scratch they're a little laggy, but once they get going they're fine, like by the point you're in POL).

I'd also update from the files on krizz's site, as well it's just faster that way.

that being said, it's a good bit of work for most people just to play the game, I have my reasons for doing it this way (mostly so I can assign a controller to each VM, without having to worry about it losing focus/control) but there's some other perks that I enjoy.

You should be able to get it working in 8.1 though, but I've never done it, so not sure of the particular issue you're having.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 15:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

just XI. im not computer tech savy at all, dunno how to begin to reinstall win8 or even switch to win7.
also not sure win7 compatible wit my pc since its basically a big tablet

Lenovo Horizin 27" its a big peice of crap really i hate it but still paying it off so gonna be at least a year or two before i buy another pc
oh my, you have one of those...

/comfort

yeah, I wouldn't try to put 7 on that, it probably won't have the drivers available, you could potentially get a lot of it to work, but some things are a pain and you'd have to scour for the drivers instead of just getting them from the OEM.
By volkom 2014-11-21 15:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
volkom said: »
1. while that's really cool, it's going a bit overboard, would need a severe case of adhd, and or crack.

2. while cool, some of those towers look shitty, and the other clutter worry me, I imagine something is going to fry, that and what's with the seemingly brand new laptops, that seems a bit off.

3. eww trackballs

doesn't matter! gotta farm that gold
First Page 2