user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-25 06:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kwehh said: »
Siren.Seiri said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
I think SE is trying to force people to focus on a few jobs. Instead of the old days where you could have the best gear for a dozen jobs. The said something about the wardrobe being compensation for not being able to mule\porter augmented gear.

while I am sure they are intending that, with the dwindling player base that is simply not possible. coupled with players wanting to play job X instead of the flavor of the month, and things are just getting messier. consolidation of gear sets with favorable stats for multiple jobs is kinda important. I am hoping to see a Salvage Armor revamp that can alleviate some of that, coupled with maybe just returning to most/all of your empyrean armor being your primary equipment and easily storable on a slip. if all we needed was to pull one or two definitive gearsets, inventory would be less of an issue, but then that would seriously hamper their vertical progression that they have opted for.

sadly tho this game really is about having 75 pieces of gear for each job since everything is situational. They tried the whole, one set for all thing and it lead to people wanting to stab the devs. The elites or more so the people that the devs seem to cater to want massive side grades that increase their effectiveness by 1% or less. look at the brd mythic. minor upgrade yet everyone goes out and does it for a job they likely hate playing.

Well, you call it a minor upgrade I call it a bloody huge one. 50% increase to duration? Legato is 5%. Yes you can have 75 pieces or 100 pieces for a job, you can also have 20. Its called the difference between having ok gear and having great gear. If we had 1-size-fits-all gear it would result in pure carbon copies like abyssea again. As it is we're a little closer again to the idea of, those who dedicate more receive more. That's not being elitist, its fair. You give more, you get more.

It's also the reason I stopped playing the game.

Edit (Premature posting, amirite fellas?): What I wanted to say right off the bat, is the reason I quit the game, is because it relies too much on third party software to be viable, and those not using the software won't be as efficient as other players. I didn't log into the game to make 100+ different item sets just to be able to push every last little bit out of my job's output. What I was accomplishing was suitable for the content needed. These asshats who have put the number crunching into full swing have utterly RUINED this game for me personally, I cannot stand the fact that so much math has to be involved to play a game where I'm going to be hitting something with a sword.

I made sets solely for what stats I needed to emphasize, I'll be damned if I ever do anything serious like that again, because I'm already typing enough code as it is in my intro to C++ class.

If you notice during se sanctioned videos those people playing were wearing fulls sets of gear doing content. I am sorry you quit because of bandwagon mentality. You pay your monthly bill and you play how you want. You can also choose to play with whoever you want and do not even pay mind to folks who say you need xyz I hope this encourages you to come back. The game is a lot more fun with open minded players.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-25 07:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE is trying to force people to focus on a few jobs. Instead of the old days where you could have the best gear for a dozen jobs. The said something about the wardrobe being compensation for not being able to mule\porter augmented gear.

while I am sure they are intending that, with the dwindling player base that is simply not possible. coupled with players wanting to play job X instead of the flavor of the month, and things are just getting messier. consolidation of gear sets with favorable stats for multiple jobs is kinda important. I am hoping to see a Salvage Armor revamp that can alleviate some of that, coupled with maybe just returning to most/all of your empyrean armor being your primary equipment and easily storable on a slip. if all we needed was to pull one or two definitive gearsets, inventory would be less of an issue, but then that would seriously hamper their vertical progression that they have opted for.

sadly tho this game really is about having 75 pieces of gear for each job since everything is situational. They tried the whole, one set for all thing and it lead to people wanting to stab the devs. The elites or more so the people that the devs seem to cater to want massive side grades that increase their effectiveness by 1% or less. look at the brd mythic. minor upgrade yet everyone goes out and does it for a job they likely hate playing.

Why u need 75 pieces? I pack Sam white Mage red Mage black Mage bard within 160 slots all endgame ready

I'm not spending the game changing gears.
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2014-11-25 08:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
The game is a lot more fun with open minded players.

+1

Sadly, we seem to be a dying breed. Either that, or we spend too much time reading in the forums instead of in game making the fun stuff happen.

I understand that some people want the optimum setups/gear to complete even the most mediocre content (SKCNM(N)/Skirmish/Delve1.0/AA(N)) - which is fine - but when this thinking trickles down to the majority of the dwindling population, it makes the game a lot harder to simply enjoy and play the way you want to.

The other day I had to convince someone that you don't need to be lvl99 to DD in a worms party! I mean... come on!!??!!

Too often it seems like you can't get into content unless you are ilvl119 SAM or 4Song BRD, or ilvl119WHM, with every possible gearset. Of course there is an optimum setup, of course it is faster and nice to play in/with that setup.

However, more people need to just lighten up and go with what works (i.e. almost anything) instead of demanding what is 'optimum' (SAM/BRD/WHM)

/inb4 -get a linkshell.
/inb4 -make your own shouts.

~I~ do. Yet plenty of others are still alienated by this line of thinking.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-25 08:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Why u need 75 pieces? I pack Sam white Mage red Mage black Mage bard within 160 slots all endgame ready

Brd and Sam alone should be at least 160... you must be under geared then. Blm I can see but also rdm should be about 50-60 pieces by itself.
By Nazrious 2014-11-25 08:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »
Nazrious said: »
80M and still not perfect augs on anything. So SE better use them as a strait currency, like Bei, plu, rift to Oboro or they can go F themselves.

So you haven't gotten lucky. The system is equal to everyone, if you don't like it don't use it.

He's spent 80M.... how about you not be an asshat?
Quetzalcoatl.Taberif said: »
Try 230m and still bad augments lol

And hundreds others haven't spent 80m and more? I don't see them coming here and moaning. If he doesn't want to spend more he can work on other pieces that fill the same or similar role.

Quetzalcoatl.Taberif said: »
Try 230m and still bad augments lol

This is just painful though. Did you ever beat up puppies as a kid?

Umm BIS. Are you trolling or Just that stupid?

Its one thing to lose lots do to RNG after putting in real effort to accomplish a win in Stellar or DM2 or (insert event).

But hey RMT gil and spamming stones in the Safety of town after taking down lol Alluvian or Outer raz. Yeah lets reward based on RNG and take skill out of it totally.

Edit: SE could give another Wardrobe and it still wouldn't be enough. Even minimal set requirements Jobs like SMN can hit 70 pieces if doing it right. Your "Main" is going to be easy running 70 for decent it can get crazy for a Job like Blu.
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-25 08:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you call it a minor upgrade I call it a bloody huge one. 50% increase to duration? Legato is 5%. Yes you can have 75 pieces or 100 pieces for a job, you can also have 20. Its called the difference between having ok gear and having great gear. If we had 1-size-fits-all gear it would result in pure carbon copies like abyssea again. As it is we're a little closer again to the idea of, those who dedicate more receive more. That's not being elitist, its fair. You give more, you get more.

Edit (Premature posting, amirite fellas?): What I wanted to say right off the bat, is the reason I quit the game, is because it relies too much on third party software to be viable, and those not using the software won't be as efficient as other players. I didn't log into the game to make 100+ different item sets just to be able to push every last little bit out of my job's output. What I was accomplishing was suitable for the content needed. These asshats who have put the number crunching into full swing have utterly RUINED this game for me personally, I cannot stand the fact that so much math has to be involved to play a game where I'm going to be hitting something with a sword.

I made sets solely for what stats I needed to emphasize, I'll be damned if I ever do anything serious like that again, because I'm already typing enough code as it is in my intro to C++ class.

So you didnt like the fact that windower made everyone so much better then you and the fact that you cant gear based on how gear looks or how you feel about it. mk. we usually just call that badditis.
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-25 08:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Its duration only, it doesnt effect the potency. Oh boy you cast songs slightly less often. Its not worth the effort, unless you are a really terrible brd and wants to afk for 7 minutes during a fight which some do anyways...

And yes why have 'ok' gear when you could have GREAT! gear all the time and be.... good at your job. With the wardrobe and the equipsets there is no excuse for not having all the gear sets and.. . wait for it... gear change... oh no lolbox players have to come up to standards, lazy *** pc players have to come up to standards too!
By Nazrious 2014-11-25 08:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Its duration only, it doesnt effect the potency. Oh boy you cast songs slightly less often. Its not worth the effort, unless you are a really terrible brd and wants to afk for 7 minutes during a fight which some do anyways...

And yes why have 'ok' gear when you could have GREAT! gear all the time and be.... good at your job. With the wardrobe and the equipsets there is no excuse for not having all the gear sets and.. . wait for it... gear change... oh no lolbox players have to come up to standards, lazy *** pc players have to come up to standards too!

Wait, you mean your Myth Brds are not DDing wit a full BIS dd set and proper WS sets? Doing it wrong man.

Seriously tho a good precast and mid coupled with proper Debuff set and brd is golden. Hell brd is the only Job you can Empy and JSE without being laughed out of a party.

Jobs that cannot be played well without 70 pieces of gear and 3rd party like GS.

Blu, no way don't care what anyone says you are derping it outherwise.
PLD
RUN
Most DD like DRG DRK ETC.

Sam can derp now and not use GS in PUG trash content but that doesn't mean they are doing much other than derping.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-25 08:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
What would be your definition of rediculous?

Ridiculous spelled ridiculously.

Blows my mind how people actually spend more time on these threads seeking out miscues to troll vs's using that same brain power to be helpful.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-11-25 08:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

By Nazrious 2014-11-25 08:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »

My bone white Corinthian Bold font business card is better than yours.

Holy s**t FFXI is really an American Psycho primer program!

Let the chain saws be dropped!
By Brolli 2014-11-25 08:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

more boring rehash
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-11-25 09:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Nyruul said: »

My bone white Corinthian Bold font business card is better than yours.

Holy s**t FFXI is really an American Psycho primer program!

Let the chain saws be dropped!

It even has a watermark...
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-25 10:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

These asshats who have put the number crunching into full swing have utterly RUINED this game for me personally, I cannot stand the fact that so much math has to be involved to play a game where I'm going to be hitting something with a sword.

Yeah, cause it's not like there were fairly up-to-date guides with gear sets on these forums, or available spreadsheet where you can just use common sense and test different gear combinations. Goddamn these asshats figuring out game mechanics and forcing us to do hardcore maths after a long day's work!

So you didnt like the fact that windower made everyone so much better then you and the fact that you cant gear based on how gear looks or how you feel about it. mk. we usually just call that badditis.

Hell, now even vanilla players can /lockstyle into gears based on look and still gearswap.
By Blazed1979 2014-11-25 10:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

When I started playing this game it was to kill dragons and enjoy the lore.
After 3-4 years that kinda morphed into having fun with my friends doing stupid sh!t and mpking other rival linkshells.
Now..I think the reason I log on once to twice a week is to ws something... that's pretty much it.. lol?
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-25 11:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So you didnt like the fact that windower made everyone so much better then you and the fact that you cant gear based on how gear looks or how you feel about it. mk. we usually just call that badditis.[/quote]

I do not user windower and I can complete content just fine . I really enjoy se version though. Can rock my favorite youtube play list's
 Siren.Seiri
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-25 12:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

@Nazrious You can play any job without 3rd party, and its 100x easier now with the in game gear sets.

@Seiha Brd mythic DOES affect potency in the sense that it adds 50% duration to soul voice buffs.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-25 12:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Brd and Sam alone should be at least 160... you must be under geared then. Blm I can see but also rdm should be about 50-60 pieces by itself.

I parse #1 against other tsu Sams. Or comparable to the better tsu SAMs. I have enhance mediate 1 hour etc pdt set accuracy set. 4 song bard debuff Max precast set etc I fit all those in there.
Red Mage enfeebled close to max. Well no enhancing set.

When i do tree delve , someone leaves I can fill in sam Bard whita Mage red mage. All within 160 slot. Someone like nightsage very good player has like 60 pieces for each job he needs like 5-10 min to change jobs I insta change and do a comparable job. Lol
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-25 13:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
The game is a lot more fun with open minded players.

+1

Sadly, we seem to be a dying breed. Either that, or we spend too much time reading in the forums instead of in game making the fun stuff happen.

I understand that some people want the optimum setups/gear to complete even the most mediocre content (SKCNM(N)/Skirmish/Delve1.0/AA(N)) - which is fine - but when this thinking trickles down to the majority of the dwindling population, it makes the game a lot harder to simply enjoy and play the way you want to.

The other day I had to convince someone that you don't need to be lvl99 to DD in a worms party! I mean... come on!!??!!

Too often it seems like you can't get into content unless you are ilvl119 SAM or 4Song BRD, or ilvl119WHM, with every possible gearset. Of course there is an optimum setup, of course it is faster and nice to play in/with that setup.

However, more people need to just lighten up and go with what works (i.e. almost anything) instead of demanding what is 'optimum' (SAM/BRD/WHM)

/inb4 -get a linkshell.
/inb4 -make your own shouts.

~I~ do. Yet plenty of others are still alienated by this line of thinking.

The worm party leader is ridiculous for 99dd only. But certain contents I only go optimal setups.

Tojil doesn't matter if monk monk monk or Sam monk warrior. Same result 25 minute delve.
But tree delve? Optimal is the difference between a 20 min tree or a 35+ min tree with possible wiping. I have 1-2 hour to play a night if at all. I don't have time for 40 min tree delve. Sign on ask people who wants to do tree. Someone ask to come monk? No thanks victory smite will mess with fudo skill chain. Last time a monk needed win I told the monk to just do nothing But fight adds. Can't find the support? Ok we try again tomorrow night.

For me with my limited time I just want to do something as optimal as possible or watch tv instead. I don't like to reject people but when someone needed win and don't have the job I ask can You level a easy cor and when they can't do that what can I say?
By Chyula 2014-11-25 18:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

BUT some fool want mnk and sam only for lolskirmish, last night a person shout for DD then see I came nin and request me to change to mnk or sam. I just warp out and dropped party, I'm not even bother to argue with him.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-25 18:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
BUT some fool want mnk and sam only for lolskirmish, last night a person shout for DD then see I came nin and request me to change to mnk or sam. I just warp out and dropped party, I'm not even bother to argue with him.

Emowarp?
By Refia1 2014-11-25 18:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
When I started playing this game it was to kill dragons and enjoy the lore.
After 3-4 years that kinda morphed into having fun with my friends doing stupid sh!t and mpking other rival linkshells.
Now..I think the reason I log on once to twice a week is to ws something... that's pretty much it.. lol?

ur becoming an old fat man now, soon we will need to find u some prune juice xD
[+]