Networks Won't Air Obama Speech

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Networks won't air Obama speech
Networks won't air Obama speech
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-21 16:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Yeah, I'm pretty bummed one of my heroes is probably a rapist climbing in windows, druggin' his victims up but yet again a lesson on not idolizing people and remembering that TV is fake.

Like Donald Trumps hairline.

It's sad that you've let yourself be swayed by unproven allegations.

Anyways, lets get back to Obama wiping his *** with the constitution.

Impeachment!
Just as sad as you throwing out unproven allegations against the women...

Flavin the strawman strikes again!

I have announced my skepticism because there is no way to prove their stories. That is different than coming out and calling them liars.
I'm Flavin the strawman now? lol...

You alleged that they would benefit financially from making allegations against Bill Cosby...

In any case you doubting the validity of their claims instantaneously is no different from anyone doubting his innocence.

Basing the burden of proof on the accuser is different than putting the burden of proof on the accused. People are innocent until proven guilty.

Do you still not see the difference?
That has nothing to do with calling me out on a strawman lol...

People are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. His innocence or guilt has already been determined by his actions or lack there of... Just because you can't prove it in a court of law or don't get the chance to because you waited to long doesn't add to his innocence or detract from his guilt.

In any case... This is not a court of law but an examination of people's opinions. Your opinion that lies on the side of their false claims is still no different than someone who sides.

Just like you might not be able to prove his actual guilt or innocence you also don't have any evidence to prove that the woman accusing him are doing so without cause. To take either stance would be to have an opinion before all the facts are in.

I don't get how you think it's not hypocritical to judge one side and not the other while looking down on someone else for the same thing...
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 16:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Oh the classic "Please don't take my words to mean what they actually meant" apology. 10/10, would roll my eyes again.
oh lighten up Pleebs, we're having a good day.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-21 16:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 16:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jazzy Missinhermister...
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-21 17:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

hillary clinton will not be impeached by congress because she is the first women president. obama's executive order has broken the ice for her to do the same thing for when she's in power; she will rule by executive order and our country will be changed forever
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-21 17:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
hillary clinton will not be impeached by congress because she is the first women president. obama's executive order has broken the ice for her to do the same thing when she's in power; she will rule by executive order and our country will be changed forever

Aren't you supposed to be in a park waving a bible around and calling everyone sinners?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-21 17:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the first executive order to be given ever. EVAR
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-21 17:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

And they never expire and can't be revoked or changed...
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-21 17:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

That sounds perfectly in line with how our government was supposed to be set up.... ... .. .
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 17:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

our government was supposed to be set up to be run by imperfect statesmen, not politicians.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-21 17:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
our government was supposed to be set up to be run by imperfect statesmen, not politicians.

hey, im all for getting rid of politicians'
it still scares the hell outa me that some ppl actually fully support politicians...
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-21 17:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

And there is no way a bill can be passed to override it...
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 17:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

To do that we'd have to pretty much gut them, and actually require it to be a chore, but since they're the ones who make the laws...
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-11-21 17:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Quote:
Three major networks will not air President Obama's prime-time address Thursday outlining his executive actions on immigration.

Officials with ABC, CBS and Fox confirmed to The Hill that Obama's 8 p.m. speech from the White House will not be carried on their networks. CNN reported that NBC would not be carrying the address either.

Cable news networks are expected to carry the address, as is the Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo.

A source at one of the major networks told The Hill that the White House did not officially request prime-time coverage on the networks Thursday, a big night for ratings given popular shows on several networks, including ABC’s “Shondaland” schedule of shows created by producer Shonda Rhimes.

The White House also downplayed the fact that the high-profile immigration address won’t be aired live on the big broadcast networks.

“It’s not unusual for us to have off-the-record conversations with news organizations about events at the White House,” a White House official told The Hill.

The official declined to elaborate but said the White House was “confident” the primetime address would garner “ample attention” from the media.

November is a sweeps month for the broadcast networks, which might have made them less excited about handing over valuable prime-time real estate to the White House. Ratings during the month-long evaluation period are used to dictate advertising rates.

The mid-season finale of Rimes’s show “Grey’s Anatomy” is scheduled for 8 p.m. Thursday, as are NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” and FOX’s “Bones.”

Univision planned on showing the Latin Grammy awards during that slot, but Borja Echevarría, Univision’s vice president, tweeted that the network will be interrupting its programming to air Obama’s speech.

Source
I finely have a little hope in this world. someone is willingly not airing his speeches i am smiling right now to hear this. and before you ask me what side i am on. your wrong i am not on one i just cant stand him.btw he did this with out law makers even in the loop so they have a lawsuit on him now.this is going good at this point i cant wait to see the out come of the lawsuit.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-11-21 17:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

just break them and redo it.

i love how they still have not shut down OC.
By Santi 2014-11-21 17:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of ignorance in this thread
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-21 17:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hillary clinton will not be impeached by congress because she is the first women president. obama's executive order has broken the ice for her to do the same thing when she's in power; she will rule by executive order and our country will be changed forever

Aren't you supposed to be in a park waving a bible around and calling everyone sinners?

hey look it's an insinuating, stereotypical, judging, know it all; folks. it doesn't get much trashier then this

I'm a believer in a higher power but that doesn't stop me from smoking pot, having a beer, playing video games, watching bill maher, and being a realist.

You look incredibly shoddy for insinuating a person's political and ethical roundness based on a single previous belief. what's more him and seha can't get over themselves about my stance on a previous topic. dragging it into any thread they can respond to me in.

stay classy ah.com. stay classy
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-21 18:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

hey look it's an insinuating, stereotypical, judging, know it all; folks. it doesn't get much trashier then this

I'm a believer in a higher power but that doesn't stop me from smoking pot, having a beer, playing video games, and watching bill maher.

You look incredibly shoddy for insinuating a person's political and ethical roundness based on a single previous belief. what's more him and seha can't get over themselves about my stance on a previous topic. dragging it into any thread they can respond to me in.

I was talking about your doomsday language sounding like the guys in the park yelling "repent, the end it near!"...

I don't even recall what previous topic you're referring to, but I couldn't care less whether you're religious. Your reaction says more about you than it does about my statement.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-11-21 18:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a believer in a higher power but that doesn't stop me from smoking pot, having a beer, playing video games, and watching bill maher.

I was talking about your doomsday language sounding like the guys in the park yelling "repent, the end it near!"...

I don't even recall what previous topic you're referring to, but I couldn't care less whether you're religious. Your reaction says more about you than it does about my statement.

fair enough, you do have a legitimate point regarding my reaction. 'guys in the park' sounds more like you're day dreaming there. i mean seriously that's not even remotely a common thing. berating 'believers' is so overdone in this community which is why I had to call you out on the direction of you're response
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 19:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember, to those that think Obama can/should be successfully sued/impeached for this, Kawar agrees with you, if that doesn't make you rethink your stance then nothing will.

Yeah, the idea is that stupid.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-21 19:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I finely have a little hope in this world. someone is willingly not airing his speeches i am smiling right now to hear this. and before you ask me what side i am on. your wrong i am not on one i just cant stand him.btw he did this with out law makers even in the loop so they have a lawsuit on him now.this is going good at this point i cant wait to see the out come of the lawsuit.

1. them not airing it really doesn't mean squat
2. you just said what side you were on, and you are on a side, as you just said which one you are on, even if you said that you weren't on one, it doesn't refute that you are actually indeed on one.

3. He doesn't have to tell "lawmakers" ***about his executed actions, and he already told them this would happen, we knew it was coming, they don't have to be "in the loop," and it's no grounds for a suit of any kind for him to exercise his authority as the President of the United States. Not to mention the fact that the INS is under his jurisdiction, he can tell them to sit on their *** and do nothing all day long.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-11-22 09:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »

1. them not airing it really doesn't mean squat
2. you just said what side you were on, and you are on a side, as you just said which one you are on, even if you said that you weren't on one, it doesn't refute that you are actually indeed on one.

3. He doesn't have to tell "lawmakers" ***about his executed actions, and he already told them this would happen, we knew it was coming, they don't have to be "in the loop," and it's no grounds for a suit of any kind for him to exercise his authority as the President of the United States. Not to mention the fact that the INS is under his jurisdiction, he can tell them to sit on their *** and do nothing all day long.

There is a system called Checks and Balances that is being violated big time right now Jet, I don't care if he's the President of the United States, or the *** Lord Jesus Christ himself. You don't violate the fundamentals of our democracy and pass whatever you feel like passing, and shame on Congress for not slapping him upside the head (Figuratively) and putting him back in check. Obama won't even try to compromise with Republicans, and that's how he will fail as a president. If he could find some form of common ground with the other party, then this ***can get moving again.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-22 09:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Executive actions are PART of the checks and balances. They were designed as a temporary solution for the President to fix problems during periods of congressional break or inactivity. They are stopgap measures that have limited scope and expire automatically when he leaves office unless the incoming President chooses to renew them. Immigration is housed in the executive branch, this is well within the scope of his power and he's acting within the system as it was designed.

Do not pretend that congressional republicans have bent over backwards to work with Obama and he just won't.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-22 09:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Executive actions are PART of the checks and balances. They were designed as a temporary solution for the President to fix problems during periods of congressional break or inactivity. They are stopgap measures that have limited scope and expire automatically when he leaves office unless the incoming President chooses to renew them. Immigration is housed in the executive branch, this is well within the scope of his power and he's acting within the system as it was designed.

Do not pretend that congressional republicans have bent over backwards to work with Obama and he just won't.

Sure, that's it. This was an issue that just had to be dealt with immediately, which of course is the only reason the president did this while Congress was on break. Is this new for a POTUS? Of course not. Is it a sleazy way to use power that even Obama himself said he didn't have? Absolutely.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-11-22 09:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't pretend on anything, the Republicans don't want to work with Obama, because Obama preaches "He'll find a way to work with Republicans" in the news once, yeah he sure is now. Maybe that's why they don't want to have anything to do with him, Obama is having a midlife crisis, and he has to push everything around and veto anything the Republicans want to pass, but it's ok if he wants to pass everything without first sending it through the house or the senate like he's supposed to.

I guarantee you, when the Republicans hold office, his stuff will get repealed. Don't even try to think otherwise, because it's coming and Obama is pretty much making Democrats unable to win the presidency in the next election.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-22 10:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »

I don't pretend on anything, the Republicans don't want to work with Obama, because Obama preaches "He'll find a way to work with Republicans" in the news once, yeah he sure is now. Maybe that's why they don't want to have anything to do with him, Obama is having a midlife crisis, and he has to push everything around and veto anything the Republicans want to pass, but it's ok if he wants to pass everything without first sending it through the house or the senate like he's supposed to.

I guarantee you, when the Republicans hold office, his stuff will get repealed. Don't even try to think otherwise, because it's coming and Obama is pretty much making Democrats unable to win the presidency in the next election.

They stood in lockstep to block the 2 main pieces of legislation he ran on. They refused to even talk about the bills, instead choosing to spend their first 3 sessions attempting to pile on riders specifically to poison it.

As for repealing everything he's passed....

1. When he leaves office, all of his executive orders automatically expire unless the new president chooses to renew them, that's not repealing, it's just the way the law works.

2. If you are actually talking about laws (which are passed by congress and different than executive actions), they require a 2/3 majority in both the house and senate to repeal without presidential approval. So, it's unlikely that any attempts would be successful.

A much better plan would be to do what congress is supposed to do, work together to make the best laws for the good of the people. Neither party gives a crap about the public any further than it takes to get elected, and for most, it doesn't take much.

BTW, are you actually French? Is that the tagline the media feeds you there as opposed to the opposite taglines they feed here?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-22 10:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
because it's coming and Obama is pretty much making Democrats unable to win the presidency in the next election.

so i guess there rly is an upside to it'
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-22 10:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Sure, that's it. This was an issue that just had to be dealt with immediately, which of course is the only reason the president did this while Congress was on break. Is this new for a POTUS? Of course not. Is it a sleazy way to use power that even Obama himself said he didn't have? Absolutely.
I'm going to challenge you on this one, because he DOES have the power, even if he's misusing it, and he's said multiple times that this is within the scope of the Presidential powers.

"Break or inactivity"... Congress has been inactive on this issue for the last 30 years... Is it more critical now than at any point prior? Not really, but at what point do you stop dancing around a problem and fix it. Tax reform and runaway spending didn't get dealt with even in the 6 years following some of the largest deficits ever seen in the world, and it took automatic sequestration to get ANY action. I would rather not see executive actions being used instead of legislation, but I have spent 5 years going through one of the easiest immigration pathways and I know how broken the system is.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-22 10:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's OK, we can spend resources trying to get Obama fired instead of actually legislating! Congress wins. CNN wins. Partisanship wins.

America loses.

Run a Monica Lewinsky on Obama.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-22 11:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to challenge you on this one, because he DOES have the power, even if he's misusing it, and he's said multiple times that this is within the scope of the Presidential powers.

Aside from the fact i wouldnt believe most anything he said...

The 'misuse' is the real issue. Ppl are mixing them up/combining them into one. Immigration is an issue, but in this case its not THE issue.

Ppl will argue over immigration forever. The issue is how the president is doing things. Now ill fully agree that congress is useless. And im all for gutting the whole government and getting ride of politicians in general, but that alone doesn't mean obama should executive everything under the sun. Unfortunately, politicians (like a lot of civilians) are to focused on 'us vs them' mentality. Things that he has executived have not seemed to be coming from the idea of 'whats best for the country' but more of a 'what ever he wants to do' irregardless of any consequences. Like a little kid that's throwing a tantrum to get his way.

In the end tho, all these executives arnt going to solve a damn thing. If he wants to use the excuse that hes doing it because congress wont do anything, then maybe he should have refocused his efforts to something that will have a lasting effect... like work to get rid of all the party politicians that are fighting a 'us vs them' battle in government. Something that would have long term effects on the country and could open the way for true action to be done. But your not going to see that, because he was one of them for so very long. - All these executive actions seem to operate under the idea of 'the ends justify the means'