Networks Won't Air Obama Speech

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Networks won't air Obama speech
Networks won't air Obama speech
First Page 2 3 4 5
By daoming 2014-11-21 06:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't air Obama's speech? Ok
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-21 08:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to watch the speech, how did it go?
 Phoenix.Kwehh
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Kwehh 2014-11-21 08:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know, don't care. I no longer support Obama nor his "Ny way or the high way" shtick.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-21 08:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It was only available in Spanish anyways. Even NBC didn't think it was important enough to air.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-21 08:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I forgot to watch the speech, how did it go?

/looks out window

I don't see any torches or pitchforks yet....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-21 09:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just another example of how the left wing media carries the water for Obama. His proposal is not supported by a vast majority of people. So let's make sure as few people become aware of it as they need to.

He's a lawless president, re-writing laws as e sees fit from the executive branch. Our democracy is in peril, it's time for impeachment.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-21 09:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I was waiting to see how this would be viewed as a media conspiracy...
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-11-21 09:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
This is just another example of how the left wing media carries the water for Obama. His proposal is not supported by a vast majority of people. So let's make sure as few people become aware of it as they need to.

He's a lawless president, re-writing laws as e sees fit from the executive branch. Our democracy is in peril, it's time for impeachment.

When it comes down to it, he's going to make democrats lose the next election based solely on the fact that he's just a terrible president, and his my way or the high way shtick won't be put up with for much longer.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-21 09:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he wants Hillary to lose... and doesn't give a rat's *** about the rest of the party either.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-21 09:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I think he wants Hillary to lose... and doesn't give a rat's *** about the rest of the party either.

He sure doesn't.

Can anyone argue that he doesn't view himself as above the law?

Can anyone argue that having a president who's above the law is a good thing for America?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-21 09:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't impeach a dictatorship just saying...

I.e stay consistent with labels and criticism with regard to your personal expectations.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-21 09:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

I.e stay consistent with labels and criticism with regard to your personal expectations.

Welp I guess when you got nothing left to argue about, argue over semantics.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-21 09:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look at Nausi pretending to care about the law and Presidential powers if only because it's a Democrat doing it.

Had we had Romney calling the shots he'd be calling it a decisive president who isn't afraid to take charge and do what's best for America, limp-wristed Congress be damned. Cue me some Guile's Theme!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-21 10:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Semantics got nothing to do with you calling for impeachment in one post and then calling him a dictator/king/emperor in an other.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-21 10:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone argue that he doesn't view himself as above the law?

I can. I think he just doesn't have any fear of "the consequences".
and why would he?
Nobody is going to impeach him over this so the worst thing that would happen is being overturned in the courts...

who gives a crap? chances are he will be long gone getting paid a lot of money for giving speeches about how he tried his best.
By Enuyasha 2014-11-21 10:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Enuyasha said: »
Yea, logically, if the worry is how illegal immigrants are stealing our jobs (that noone wants to do anyway mind you) The best way to fix that economic wound would be to make them legal citizens entitled to all of the same tax burdens and despair as the rest of us. More money for the economy, more money for big pharma when all the mexicans become americans and dope themselves up on antidepressants because they finally realize its not greener on the other side.

That's not the worry, and I said nothing about illegals stealing jobs. There's plenty of jobs that are being done by immigrants (legal or not legal) that citizens want to do, but that's not the point here.
But hasnt the superconservative argument always been "THEYRE STEALING OUR JOBS GUIZ!"?

Its only recently they started actually caring about "National Security" and "But what if those Mexicans have criminal records in Mexico" and "Terrorists".

Yea, its not the point...but are we actually going to see the point in this thread anyway :|
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-21 10:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess we can't flippantly refer to him as a lame duck now...
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-11-21 10:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Oh look at Nausi pretending to care about the law and Presidential powers if only because it's a Democrat doing it.

Had we had Romney calling the shots he'd be calling it a decisive president who isn't afraid to take charge and do what's best for America, limp-wristed Congress be damned. Cue me some Guile's Theme!

Obama is forcing stuff that a lot of American's don't want.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-21 10:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You can certainly pretend Romney or McCain would have taken an equally drastic action if you'd like, but truth is we'll never know. As they weren't radicals I seriously doubt it. But by all means continue to put forth your vivid imagination as justification for your apathy.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-21 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »

He's the Bill Cosby of Presidents
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-21 10:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Semantics got nothing to do with you calling for impeachment in one post and then calling him a dictator/king/emperor in an other.

I didn't call for impeachment in one post and call him a king in another.

I referred to him as a lawless president. Read for yourself.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-21 10:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said:
He's the Bill Cosby of Presidents.

[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-11-21 10:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic, did you hear about that thing with Bill Cosby being called a rapist by several women who were "coming forward" about him raping them?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-21 10:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, he put his Jell-O pudding pop where he shouldn't have and zee bob ba do bop'd some woman into his bed numerous times.

Sad day in America. But where's the evidence?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-21 10:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's what they were referring to when they said Obama was the Bill Cosby of presidents.

I doubt their stories. After decades, how could you ever prove a rape happened? Clearly there can be no formal investigation. So you're either bringing it up to let people know that the man is/was a monster OR because you're looking for money and want to get on TV.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-21 10:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic, did you hear about that thing with Bill Cosby being called a rapist by several women who were "coming forward" about him raping them?
Woooooooooooossssshhhhhhhhhh...
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-21 10:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I voted for Obama the first time after McCain sold out and then picked up Sarah Palin. It was quickly obvious that Obama was not going to live up to most of his campaign promises. Most of what the guy says is lip service and that's all casual observers pay attention to.

Obama is every bit as bad a president as Bush, just in different ways. This latest action will stand at the top of the list as one of them.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-21 10:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's what they were referring to when they said Obama was the Bill Cosby of presidents.

I doubt their stories. After decades, how could you ever prove a rape happened? Clearly there can be no formal investigation. So you're either bringing it up to let people know that the man is/was a monster OR because you're looking for money and want to get on TV.
There won't be a formal investigation anyways as the SoL has long since passed...

I haven't heard anything about civil litigation atm but I really haven't read much about this anyways...
By Ramyrez 2014-11-21 10:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Bill Cosby is concerned it's a loss no matter what. The idea of a trial or formal prosecution is almost pointless at this stage.

Either a good man's reputation is tarnished because a good portion of the court of public opinion has already convinted him, or they're telling the truth and all of these women suffered a revolting violation.

There's no good in this. There's only bad and worse. And chances are we can never know the truth, so we're left with that ugly, lingering cloud of doubt of a man who is otherwise considered one of the all-time greats in his field, and who has otherwise done countless positive things for this country.

Honestly, the whole situation makes my stomach turn.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-21 10:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly all these years later I don't see why you'd come out and accuse rape unless something actually happened. I'm more leery about people at the top of their career being accused of rape because it can often be a money grab but when this many women make statements? Ehhhh, you're probably not squeaky clean. Shame, I'll have to compartmentalize the Cosby persona from Bill Cosby himself.

The memes are hilarious though.

As women though you're going to be *** shamed, Cosby is a shadow of his former glory and the whole thing is a shitstew at this rate given his personal finances have dwindled. The black community all but isolated him to a personal exile years ago so let the tarring and feathering commence.

It takes alot of courage to finally air that dirty laundry. People who say 'why did you wait!' clearly dont understand rape.

Also, what the *** does this have to do with Obama. Oh wai-
[+]