Now that is a neat trick! Will have to try it. :D
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-22 14:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Quick question: Are you satisfied with the club?

Obviously the stats for the 119 model are excellent, but I'm curious about the effort vs. final product comparison. I'm about 2 weeks away from my Nirvana and then I'm looking at either Yagrush or Idris, so I thought I'd try and get some feedback on this.

Thanks.

I read the whole thread, and unless I missed a poster or didn't realize someone had it, I didn't see an actual owner respond.

The points of it have all been covered, between buff strength, MAcc, ease of capping -DT and pet -DT, even the melee applications. Very happy with it, beyond a doubt.

The applications Geo has to many different fights really outclasses anything else in this game IMO. Bolster Fade -100 MAB, now all magical damage from the mob is 0 for 3.5 minutes, unless they have MAB traits. Bolster Wilt, mob attack is now 1, your defense ratio is capped naked without protect. Bolster Malaise + Acumen, nukes/magical WSs now do roughly 2.5 times damage. It's too bad Malaise caps at a hard -50 MDB, as normal unbuffed Malaise is -40. Bolster Frailty + Dia II, -92% defense, you're now attack capped on pretty much anything without any further buffs. Stacking Vex and Attunement, there's a solid chance that any magical status effect or damage will resist, but not all, and random numbers be damned that things slip through. Bolster Haste + a March or two, cap haste while being slowed, useful in Ouryu if your Whm lacks Yagrush, or your support just suck.

The applications Geo can have to many fights vary, and to be frank, it's role defining. Prior to Geo, no other job could cripple a mob to such a degree. We were stuck with asking "Is stacking +defense food, Minnes, Cocoon, and Defender useful for surviving?" if we wanted to try a defensive strategy. With Geo? Just zero out the mob's attack, and kill. It opens up avenues that weren't options before. And even though they have all that available to them, they can still fall back on the tried and true zerg kill and just 0 out defense, cap magic haste, etc.

Very happy I made it, I'd recommend it to anyone even considering playing Geo.

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Right, I didn't mean there aren't multiple ways to get evals, but there's a set amount of bayld per reive and so soloing the mobs in a reive with no one damaging the structure would result in 0 bayld.

Unless something has changed in the past 6 months or so since I farmed reives, this is how it is. Think of the structure as having a full cup of bayld, damage it, cup drains, bayld becomes available in evals through actions, healing, damage, etc. Damage stops, cup stops draining, bayld stops, after what has been made available has been earned.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-11-22 15:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimme 2 rem brd over 2 idris geos anyday twice on Sunday
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-22 15:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Gimme 2 rem brd over 2 idris geos anyday twice on Sunday

you gonna quit on sunday too? like, for the 100th time?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-22 16:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
How many mules do you have? Worth your time to camp legs V on ah.
Walk inside outer ra'k skirmish, walk for 30 seconds -> exit with 72,000 bayld if 6 people there. Don't do this until everyone has a legs V off ah and its 442,000 bayld total for 10 minutes of work.

Plus if you wanted to make this cost near nothing instead of being insanely fast, you could pop flee and run deeper and touch a second Noetic for 6,000 obsidian fragments in total per run. Each run netting you 30 wailing stones worth to sell.

I wonder if you have 6 chars, if you decide to go to wk as 5 smn and 1 brd for ballad, everyone with trusts, if you could be repeating ruby light for bayld, if that would be viable.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-22 17:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Walk inside outer ra'k skirmish, walk for 30 seconds -> exit with 72,000 bayld if 6 people there. Don't do this until everyone has a legs V off ah and its 442,000 bayld total for 10 minutes of work.

Plus if you wanted to make this cost near nothing instead of being insanely fast, you could pop flee and run deeper and touch a second Noetic for 6,000 obsidian fragments in total per run. Each run netting you 30 wailing stones worth to sell.

Legs V are 12k Bayld.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-22 17:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Legs V are 12k Bayld.
12k x 6
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-22 18:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Legs V are 12k Bayld.
12k x 6

Indeed, 12k x 6 is 72k but 72k x6 is not 442k Bayld (432k). To further extrapolate the post in question did not say have a six man team with a total of 36 V legs etc etc. Its not like Vs are as common as IVs and IIIs either. So in many ways it is misleading with regards to the real time and effort when one can farm that much and some more in a day with less impact on ones FFXI wallet.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-11-23 09:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Quick question: Are you satisfied with the club?

Obviously the stats for the 119 model are excellent, but I'm curious about the effort vs. final product comparison. I'm about 2 weeks away from my Nirvana and then I'm looking at either Yagrush or Idris, so I thought I'd try and get some feedback on this.

Thanks.

I read the whole thread, and unless I missed a poster or didn't realize someone had it, I didn't see an actual owner respond.

The points of it have all been covered, between buff strength, MAcc, ease of capping -DT and pet -DT, even the melee applications. Very happy with it, beyond a doubt.

The applications Geo has to many different fights really outclasses anything else in this game IMO. Bolster Fade -100 MAB, now all magical damage from the mob is 0 for 3.5 minutes, unless they have MAB traits. Bolster Wilt, mob attack is now 1, your defense ratio is capped naked without protect. Bolster Malaise + Acumen, nukes/magical WSs now do roughly 2.5 times damage. It's too bad Malaise caps at a hard -50 MDB, as normal unbuffed Malaise is -40. Bolster Frailty + Dia II, -92% defense, you're now attack capped on pretty much anything without any further buffs. Stacking Vex and Attunement, there's a solid chance that any magical status effect or damage will resist, but not all, and random numbers be damned that things slip through. Bolster Haste + a March or two, cap haste while being slowed, useful in Ouryu if your Whm lacks Yagrush, or your support just suck.

The applications Geo can have to many fights vary, and to be frank, it's role defining. Prior to Geo, no other job could cripple a mob to such a degree. We were stuck with asking "Is stacking +defense food, Minnes, Cocoon, and Defender useful for surviving?" if we wanted to try a defensive strategy. With Geo? Just zero out the mob's attack, and kill. It opens up avenues that weren't options before. And even though they have all that available to them, they can still fall back on the tried and true zerg kill and just 0 out defense, cap magic haste, etc.

Very happy I made it, I'd recommend it to anyone even considering playing Geo.

Right, I didn't mean there aren't multiple ways to get evals, but there's a set amount of bayld per reive and so soloing the mobs in a reive with no one damaging the structure would result in 0 bayld.

Unless something has changed in the past 6 months or so since I farmed reives, this is how it is. Think of the structure as having a full cup of bayld, damage it, cup drains, bayld becomes available in evals through actions, healing, damage, etc. Damage stops, cup stops draining, bayld stops, after what has been made available has been earned.

Thanks for the extremely detailed run-down on Idris. There's so many benefits to it that I didn't know about but this gives me a solid idea of what to expect now.

Kudos!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By Kooljack 2014-12-25 14:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also revising my stance on geo slighty. it's a little more nice/useful then i originally gave credit for. I have been using whm/brd/geo mages fulltime for a little while now.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-25 14:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

glad to know
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-26 17:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
I'm also revising my stance on geo slighty. it's a little more nice/useful then i originally gave credit for. I have been using whm/brd/geo mages fulltime for a little while now.

Congrats you are about 11 months behind everyone else then.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-12-26 17:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

spamming yorcia I still say it's much less fatigue to have whm&brd mythics first in your groups. whm&brd mythics b4 uber 4% frailty increase or whatever else. I would not give up the carn brd for double geos either after considering payoff/benefit
glad to know also?
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-26 18:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

spamming yorcia I still say it's much less fatigue to have whm&brd mythics first in your groups. whm&brd mythics b4 uber 4% frailty increase or whatever else. I would not give up the carn brd for double geos either after considering payoff/benefit
glad to know also?

Not sure if your downplaying or someone led you to incorrectness.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41358/bubble-trouble-a-geomancer-guide/5#2776741
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-12-26 18:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

casual players catch up eventually!? Damn necro bumps fooling everyone into thinking something worth mentioning was posted...so cheers on...the fortitude to spam Yorcia I guess?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-26 18:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowering your targets defence from 27% to 41% is 4% now?

Your maths needs serious skills.

GEO is > BRD by far, unless you need to haste a SCH who is outta range then BRD is applicable, in yorcia, BRD isn't even all that!

I'd take GEO and BRD over GEO GEO solely for the double songs and geo haste if the whm isn't super uber. (removing debuffs)
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-26 19:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
casual players catch up eventually!? Damn necro bumps fooling everyone into thinking something worth mentioning was posted...so cheers on...the fortitude to spam Yorcia I guess?

It's more casual players bothered to read guides and realise GEO owns BRD.

But then said casual player doesn't understand how a 45.6% Fury Attack Boost stomps on lol Minuet 5 and says BRD > GEO for Yorcia.

Both are useful. Personally I use BRD GEO GEO SAM WHM COR, 1 DD 6 step light skillchains (assuming sam) stomps anything there into dirt specially with allies roll and sam roll for the lolz. Of course this is only for Yorcia really, however once the brd has done their Marches and Madirgals w.e a GEO can floor Defense and Attack, turn a NM's deadly moves like charm into nothingness, a BRD can't do this.

Really not seeing what brd offers here a GEO can't do + better.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-12-26 19:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »

It's more casual players bothered to read guides and realise GEO owns BRD.

<_< I applaud the post/explanation but you went in way too deep for ol Kooljacky boy bumping
 Siren.Sieha
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-26 20:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

glad to know also?

he's so good at this game, I wish I was like him.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-26 23:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever non-GEOs start talking about GEO because they've been in a grand total 3 PARTYS with mediocre GEOs that don't even have a goddamn Dunna, I ignore every word that comes out of their mouth.

GEO is known for far more than Frailty. Any player who sees JUST the defense down is not only naive to the job, but extremely close-minded.
By Kooljack 2014-12-26 23:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Whenever non-GEOs start talking about GEO

I have been using whm/brd/geo mages fulltime for a little while now.

geo is incredible; anyone new to the game wants to get into a good position fast and carry/form groups make a geo
By Kooljack 2014-12-27 00:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

HEYY now the new post correcting the geo guide is [u]2 days new[/u]; yes i was under false notions; good to see. atleast something good came of my posting; i learn something new

calm down you whiney people; i am man enough to admit i was wrong on forum SORRY their own geo guide was WRONG for the last 8 months LAWL
 Siren.Strawhat
user: Strawhat
By Siren.Strawhat 2015-01-01 21:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question that is supposed to be asked of Idris owners...
where in bloody hell do you trade the Nodal Wand for the final upgrade???

i've had to spend hours and hours of research through BG forum "discussion of new content" section to find single steps of progression, no one has bothered to put all info together...

i gathered all items, farmed 2.5m plasm, but then turned out i can't buy crystal if i don't have 6 delve clears, and each upgrade section been a pain to get down, figured out that KI name corresponds the Ergon Locust name that you need to trade for upgrade... but this final KI, "Cyclone concretion" isn't on the list... so from memory i saw a lot of Idris SS done in morimar, so trying these ergons first...

anyone know where the final upgrade is?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-01-01 21:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I had been meaning to fill in the blanks and post this somewhere but I forgot about it:

Idris Walkthrough:
Go to F-12 in Doh Gates and examine the Inlet of Whispers
Return to Nhili Uvolep and then head to Runje Desaali with 100 HP Bayld for an Emblazoned Handbell. Give the HP Bayld to Geosuke
Head to <pos> in Doh Gates and examine the ____ to enter "Saved by the Bell"

The Bygone Geomancer will be immune to damage until 1% HP, at which point he stops casting and any damage will kill him. The only way to lower its HP is to kill the Luopans he summons by nuking them with the opposite element. Elixirs are recommended. I used Indi-regen and Geo-Refresh. Remember Mending Halation and Radial Arcana.

Return to Nhili Uvolep in Eastern Adoulin for a cutscene and Nodal Wand.

Talk to Runje Desaali to start the next segment of the quest. Give Geosuke 3 Delve v1 items, 500 H-P Bayld, and 200 Ghastly Stones and you will receive a "Ripple Prominence concretion". Head to the "Prominence of the Ripple" Ergon locus in Dho Gates (E-10) and trade the Nodal Wand for a cutscene and upgrade.

Head to Runje Desaali and Geosuke and talk to them several times to start the next quest segment (3 Delve v2 items, 2500 H-P Bayld, and 200 Verdigris Stones). When you turn it all in, you will receive an Inferno concretion key item. Trade your Nodal Wand to the "Prominence of Flames" Ercon Locus (K-10, Moh Gates) for another cutscene and upgrade.

Return to Runje Desaali and Geosuke to begin the next quest segment (pristine yggrete crystal, 200 wailing Stones, 9999 HP Bayld). When you obtain the KI from Runje, head to the Ergon Locus "Prominence of the Gales" at (J-11) in Sih Gates and trade your Nodal Wand to receive Idris!
[+]
 Siren.Strawhat
user: Strawhat
By Siren.Strawhat 2015-01-01 21:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

oh thanks, was just about to come and share... i was a little over the edge after my pick up delves groups, but after 0/3 in morimar took another look at the ergon list, and figured that "Gales" and "Cyclone" are both wind in nature, lol... we don't like to think!!

also the 3 delve items might not be random at all, i got same exact item requirement as the guy that posted info on BG forums, they were a mix of delve 1 and 2 boss items.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-01-01 21:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to check my logs for the other two items, but I know Gabbrath meat was one of them.
By Heimdel 2015-01-01 22:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Look a little down the node to the buff chart

Last box on right with idris, one before without but capped everywhere else.

That's a huge buff.
Also being able to cap out PDT for loupan with club and hands means you can max out PDT for yourself at the same time or even put on a better melee build while keeping your loupan capped.
DA/TA for TP and top skill for acc for flash nova spam.
Great magic Acc for debuffs.

IMO its one of the top mythics for what is brings to the table.
Doesn't the club and bell alone cap it or is it the 87.3% thing or whatever it was.