New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » limited time items
limited time items
By Refia1 2014-11-20 06:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hey I was looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Anniversary-Official-Memorial-Vanadiel/dp/4757536186

and noticed that in the past it come w/code for items?? Does anyone know a place I can get this book for a reasonal price and if it comes w/the code? Any other items like this cuz i remember a wand that had a mandragora on it too
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-20 07:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The mandragora wand was from a special code handed out to attendees of a concert in CA I believe. Only those in attendance got the code. I have the wand from a friend who went and doesn't play, and he gave the code to me. It has the ability to cast an AoE costume, turning all party members in range into a random Mandy, from tiny white, normal, black, and the large pink Chloris style.

Other items include the two piano furnishings, a harpsichord and spinet, that came with the piano collection and one from a larger music collection.

There is also a Polearm that looks like a quill style pen, called Escritorio.

As well as a ranged weapon that resembles a shutter camera, called Decazoom Mk-XI

Sad news is, these codes do expire after a certain time period.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-20 07:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the code for the sexy mithra?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-20 07:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who has bought alot of ffxi book/cd and other things like this, I usually get them through amazon.co.jp, or from japan while i'm there like once a year.

Depending on where you live, if there is a 'japantown' area in your city and a import bookstore, they might have them if they carry game books/manga/etc.

The codes for these things expire about a ~1 year after the 1st printing of the item. I am fairly certain the code for that 10th anniversary book in the OP has long since expired already like many others.

There are a couple things SE has recently released that still have valid codes for just a short bit longer...

(I just double checked the codes for these since I own them both):

FINAL FANTASY XI:XI YEARS- Vana'diel Tribune Chronicles
code redemption expires on March 25, 2015
(Escritorio and Decazoom camera)

And my personal favorite from the Nanaa Mihgo's Stolen Hearts CD:
The nanaa mihgo playing a violin statue.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/773_CD/index.html

The code for this one expires 12/31/2014
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-20 07:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's good to know the pen and camera are still available.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-20 07:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the camera is pretty fun to good off with the /aim emote, or actually use it to quickdraw stuff with /cor sub with weird main jobs
(full duration light shot sleep worked on stuff up to foret crab when I tried it on Dnc/cor)
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-11-20 07:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love it if they rerelesed the piano that changes mog house music I fergot what one it was but I would love to get one
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-20 11:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you talking about the orchestrion? Or is there also a piano that changes mog house music? Apparently the spinet will also change music... but the code expired at the end of 2012 for it.
By TheRealGoat 2014-11-20 12:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an Orchestrion in my MH, I made it myself using synergy.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-21 12:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
The mandragora wand was from a special code handed out to attendees of a concert in CA I believe. Only those in attendance got the code. I have the wand from a friend who went and doesn't play, and he gave the code to me. It has the ability to cast an AoE costume, turning all party members in range into a random Mandy, from tiny white, normal, black, and the large pink Chloris style.

This is correct, it was the 10th Anniversary FFXI concert in Berkeley, CA in 2012 - http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/8629/detail.html

I was there, it was awesome, my wife and I have the wand. They might have given the same code out in Japan, where they had a similar concert around the same time.

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Are you talking about the orchestrion? Or is there also a piano that changes mog house music? Apparently the spinet will also change music... but the code expired at the end of 2012 for it.

The Spinet will indeed change the music, and has different tracks than those available in the Orchestrion. While the code lists an expiration date, I'd be interested to see if it's really enforced (code came from the JPN Piano Tracks CD) - might still work!

Spinet track listing is:
1. Selbina
2. Fighters of the Crystal (Ark Angels)
3. A New Horizon (Tavnazian Archipelago)
4. Ragnarok (Alexander fight)
5. Clash of Standards (WotG battle theme)
6. Echoes of Creation (A Crystalline Prophecy final battle)
7. Luck of the Mog (Moogle Kupo d'Etat final battle)
8. Feast of the Ladies (A Shantotto Ascension final battle)
9. Abyssea
10. Melodies Errant (Abyssea battle theme)
11. Ronfaure
12. Autumn Footfalls (Ronfaure [S])
13. Main Theme

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
And my personal favorite from the Nanaa Mihgo's Stolen Hearts CD:
The nanaa mihgo playing a violin statue.

Also my favorite :) And this one is also a music playing furnishing! Just one track, orchestral (non-vocal) version of Distant Worlds.

Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-11-21 12:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, you guys are nerds

( I just bought the book for pen and camera code :3 )
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-21 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Damn, you guys are nerds

( I just bought the book for pen and camera code :3 )

I'll readily admit to being a FFXI music nerd, with the digital statues to prove it ;)

Also... hahaha just noticed Sapphire and I both have Nanaa and Prishe statues right next to each other. Great minds, or something.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-21 15:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help but notice you have a cavernous maw statue. Where on earth did you get that?!? So much want.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-21 16:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help but notice you have a cavernous maw statue. Where on earth did you get that?!? So much want.

That is the Atomos Statue. As far as I know, it was only available for winning/runners up of the shield design contest.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-11-21 17:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the Atomos Statue. As far as I know, it was only available for winning/runners up of the shield design contest.
I think the statue was in the last bonanza also. I think it was rank 4 maby even rank 3?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-21 18:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »

I think the statue was in the last bonanza also. I think it was rank 4 maby even rank 3?

You sir are correct. Rank 4.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-21 19:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I got my Atomos statue from Rank 4 Bonanza. Thankfully was same account send-able, won it on my mule and didn't get anything above Rank 5 on my main that bonanza...

I'm really, really hoping for it to show up again so I can use my current Atomos + Shadow Lord to synth a Shadow Lord Statue III (S.Lord II is SL+Fafnir+KB+Adamantoise). But I'm sure not gonna waste my only Atomos!