Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Looking for LS or just general help
Looking for LS or just general help
 Ragnarok.Imitole
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Guniuni
By Ragnarok.Imitole 2014-11-17 17:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a returning player that's been playing since ps2 release. However this is my second character and I am returning from a lengthy hiatus. I returned with the notion I would just be playing seldom due to my schedule for work and having a 1 year old, but I have been having a lot of fun.

I have been working on trying to gear my jobs as well as I can however I am now in the boat that it just takes way too long to do it alone. I have no LS and no real knowledge of the current end-game situation. Where to start.. what jobs are good? Who would want to bring someone who knows nothing about an event to a PUG fight? I would feel terrible for a group losing and wasting items because I'm not ready for the fight. Heck, I don't even know how "geared" I would need to be to do events. I wanted to upgrade my Mandau to 119, but it requires simple pre-requisites that I know nothing about.

So basically I'm coming here looking for any kind of LS or anyone that would be willing to help someone that can only play 1-4 hours max a day (not including days off, which I would have slightly more time). My jobs that I'm currently trying to gear are THF and SMN. I have BRD, NIN, BST, DNC, and RNG leveled to 99 but I have no decent gear for them. Except for RNG has a 95 Annihilator, but I have no means to farm the gil right now for the marrows.

At the very least, thank you to anyone who reads this, I'm sorry for the wall of text. If you attempt to reach me in game and I don't answer it's probably because my daughter comes first! But I will try to answer back when I return. Thanks again!
By Pantafernando 2014-11-17 18:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the ls concierge or something like that. Prob you can find something there.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44884#_ga=1.67478162.20226036.1398158436

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44943
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2014-11-20 16:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw you shouting the other night Imitole. Get ahold of me ingame. Ill get you into a great social shell.

/Unctgtg
By Pantafernando 2014-11-20 16:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »
/Unctgtg

RMT detected.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2014-11-20 22:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Pantafaernaodalaoadoakdpoadfsokadfoads
By Chimerawizard 2014-11-21 17:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

"Where to start?"
1. BGwiki: go to the main page, then click and read through every link you haven't done or possibly even known about.
2. FFXIAH forums: read through the guides of your jobs.
3. Salvage v2: can be done in < 1 hour for 100+ alexandrites.
4. Eminence: Get some gear, weapons, and Ch.6~10s as needed.
5. Reives: Wildskeeper Reives drop some things you'll want.
6. SKCNM: do these for reforge AF & Relic gear. Beat one on D for ability to 119 your relic weapons.
7. Skirmish: Yorcia for base gear, Ra'Kaznar for finished gear and
augments for it.
8. Dynamis: Lasts longer than Salvage but is another easy way to make a little gil.
9. Beyond: Incursion, Delve, HQ Battfields, Stuff.

"What jobs are good?"
1. Healers: WHM ... WHM
2. Support: RDM, BRD, COR, GEO
3. DD: SAM is king.
4. Tanks: PLD, RUN
~any fight a PLD is used, the DD is just RNGs & COR.
other DD can do well, just don't feel like listing all their places. Also, you play RNG and the easiest DD to gear is SAM.
SMN is situational... as in, mostly for zerg or pet LS. or did they drastically increase the buffs to make COR buff look weak?

Gear for events, You will probably want a fast shot set, a DT set, 50pdt/>20mdt for if you pull hate, an r.acc set, a full dmg ws set for each good ws and an accuracy set for each good ws. (I'm no rng so don't actually know)
About the same thing for thf: full TP, acc TP, full WS, acc WS, and acc DT sets. Since its thf, a evasion DT set might also work well.

#Unctgtg is good ppl.