Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Adoulin gates NM
Adoulin gates NM
 Sylph.Xodia
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-11-19 11:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ah right what setup did you guys use Llewelyn? i tried WHM THF PLD got wrecked due to rage timer we got it to around 40% then it killed the thf followed by the whm then me lol.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-19 11:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We just tore it down with WHM BRD SAM SAM THF DRG and a GEO mule outside leeching Unity/Job points doing Frailty and Torpor.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-19 12:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Updated my big post with info you guys provided, hope it helps. Still got nothing on the Craklaw though. I will continue to update as more specific mechanics of the NMs are made clear. Thanks a ton to everyone for supplying more information!

The hippo did use back heel at least once in the several fights we did, but it basically just spammed dispel and fantod. RUN/NIN had basically no trouble holding it, even with shadows being constantly dispelled. I kept Blind II on it, but I don't think I had to cure him more than once a fight if even that.

Who was this run?

When I did it the other night the setup was Thf,Mnk,whm,brd,blu,run and it went down pretty fast.

We then added a geo and BLM and it went even faster.

Out of 12 pops I saw 3 helms and 2 feet, and 2 pops where nothing dropped.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 12:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Updated my big post with info you guys provided, hope it helps. Still got nothing on the Craklaw though. I will continue to update as more specific mechanics of the NMs are made clear. Thanks a ton to everyone for supplying more information!

The hippo did use back heel at least once in the several fights we did, but it basically just spammed dispel and fantod. RUN/NIN had basically no trouble holding it, even with shadows being constantly dispelled. I kept Blind II on it, but I don't think I had to cure him more than once a fight if even that.

Who was this run?

When I did it the other night the setup was Thf,Mnk,whm,brd,blu,run and it went down pretty fast.

We then added a geo and BLM and it went even faster.

Out of 12 pops I saw 3 helms and 2 feet, and 2 pops where nothing dropped.

Tye, if I remember right, but BRD buffs would have made a huge difference.
 Sylph.Xodia
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-11-19 12:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
We just tore it down with WHM BRD SAM SAM THF DRG and a GEO mule outside leeching Unity/Job points doing Frailty and Torpor.

Thanks guess il see if i can find more people lol, that cloak is nice, belt not bad either for RNG racc build.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-11-19 13:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have been an anomaly but the one time I stole hundred fists with larceny near the start of the fight the diremite didn't use a TP move the rest of the fight.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-19 13:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For future refrence doing that rafflesia NM in cirdas, using a geo doing +meva and -macc down plus whatever placebo pinning nocturne would do was enough to block the charm and all the ws status ailments if you were in 119 gear with large helpings of m.eva. Timing ws to avoid doing them during its tp moves would be necessary due to the m.eva drop most DD have in ws gear. Aside from that don't berserk, seedspray will do quite a large hit if your deff is lowered from that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2014-11-20 09:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There is definately a way you can stop the hippogrif from using TP moves every time you WS it.

Yesterday having a combo of: alot of buffs on our self (protc. shell, 5 songs, barpetra,baraero,haste2).
+ having Elegy + dia II + haste samba on the NM
= meant that for a little while he wasnt using tp move every time we WSed him, only when he maybe had TP enough to do 1 TP move.

So our SAM could make 2-3 skillchains before he would even use 1 TP move.

I tried to narrow it down more but i couldnt.
I tested if it was because we landed a spell with magic burst after a skillchain.
And we testet having only dia II or only elegy on him.
But those things alone didnt seem to stop him from using TP moves.

- Maybe it has something to do with party having to have double the amount of buffs that he has on debuffs or something like that idk. Needs more testing thats for sure.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-20 13:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be either having a number of debuffs inhibits his TP use, or certain debuffs lock them.

Played with the Diremite again, learned a few things:
- Erasing the slow does not prevent Hundred Fists. Resisting it outright does, however. I did notice that he'd deliberately turn and try to slow someone else if I resisted, though this would not trigger Hundred Fists. I'd personally recommend either bringing an Ochain PLD tank (take the Hundred Fists), a RUN tank (outright resist with means to handle it in case it gets off), or a GEO (magic evade for all). Haven't tested to see if simply leaving the slow on will prevent Hundred Fists either (as in, his slow has No Effect).
- His hate reset doesn't seem to be as clear-cut as most forms of hate reset. Can't say for certain, but as THF I had taken a few Double Claws, following which he was still on me, without turning. I suppose Spinning Top might be connected to this too.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-20 13:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Its awesome to have all this information about this new set of NMs.
By Heimdel 2014-11-29 20:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

bump to show
By BlaTheTaru 2014-11-29 21:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried the diremite a few times. First time was pld, cor, brd, thf, mnk, whm, and a geo in second pt. Pld cannot keep hate on this thing to save his life! Not sure what's going on here, but trick attacking rudra's really works well.

Currently in the second fight, and I changed from thf to rng, and the mnk changed to thf. Never fired a shot without decoy up, and immediately the nm came after me on rng. I waited until my second decoy was back up, and pew pewed to full tp and let loose with a JR. Pld couldn't take hate off of me.

Anyone have an issue like this?

Edit-Fougth it on earthsday the second time if anyone is interested.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-30 00:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's known to have a weird hate mechanic. It's been like 10 days since I fought it last, but I need more cloaks so I'll try to narrow it down further. I'm beginning to suspect that perhaps one of his WSs does a hate reset or random target picking, while another causes him to lock onto his current target. This is simply speculation though.
 Carbuncle.Biazzaz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Biazzaz
By Carbuncle.Biazzaz 2014-11-30 05:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here is a vid of how we did it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-11-30 08:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

killed it pretty fast a few times last night . figured Wildfire on cor pretty much owns this thing while not pulling much hate
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-11-30 13:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a trick to the diremite ? killed it like 10 times now and not a single cloak . yesterday we got 1 in 7 kills

edit 0/14

edit2 1/18
By Fallfromgrace 2014-11-30 14:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do these NMs have either/or drops or is treasure hunter actually useful for them?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-11-30 14:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Their droprate is pretty shitty. TH should help, it can drop nothing at all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 11:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any notable experience with the Craklaw? Looking to get the earring and/or club and was looking for any details. I'm assuming it has some nifty trick or special characteristic like the other NMs.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-02 11:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For Diremite: TH is amazing, I wouldn't recommend doing the Diremite without at least Thf+Whm+Buffer, add more Sams and Buffers as you feel. Pld is extreme overkill. I didn't keep track of specific kill counts but it took us a very long time to get the cloaks we did (7 iirc), around 3 nights of 2-4 hour farming sessions using a Thf every time. You also don't need to really use Seigan or ride PDT gear, this thing is seriously a joke to tank.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 13:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
we did like 6 diremites yesterday with 0 cloaks, thf proc'd every nm and drop rate on pop item was around 10-15%.

drops were worse than a bad vnm chest >_>

If your drop rate is 0/6, you cant conclude the drop rate is bad, but that the cloak does not drop from diremite.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-12-02 17:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did the Hippo, bring a RDM/SCH. We did RUN BLU THF BRD RDM GEO and wrecked him utterly. He has some sort of mechanic that involves either ice damage or ice based enfeebles that makes him take ridiculous damage. Was doing 6~9K CDC's followed by 8~12K sinkers with 16~22K darkness's. Our RUN lunged for stupid amounts of damage, and it seemed to trigger after Para II and Geo-Torpo was on it. On the RDM I did Accession Enblizzard for the everyone then Dia III + Frazzle II + Distract II + Paralyze II + Slow II, all landed without issue. After landing Para II is when we noticed a huge jump in damage. Would like others to verify this and refine it a bit.

Note on BLUs doing this, it's safe to go /WAR full DD but keep Cocoon and Occulation up. After he use's fantood he gets a stupid attack buff and I had let Cocoon drop, he got lucky and crited me for over 2800 damage.
By Lyncath 2014-12-02 18:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was part of Sae's party for the Hyppogriff.

Party setup was: RDM/GEO/BRD/BLU/RUN/THF

There is a definate mechanic with this thing and ice-based Enfeebling Magic, or perhaps Enfeebling Magic in general. Prior testimonies mention Ice-based damage but I really suspect that Enfeebling Magic being piled on him lowers his evasion, attack, and especially his defense.

GEO opened with Indi-Focus and Geo-Langour allowing the RDM and BRD to pile on debuffs, then the GEO swapped to Indi-Precision and Geo-Torpor. The RDM also, and I highly advise this to future parties, gave all the melee (GEO included) Enblizzard via use of Accession which was extremely effective and pretty much circumvents the need of a RUN for future runs (Going as x2 BLU next time).

Also, something strange happened during two pops when after he took a 22k Darkness Skillchain (BLU) to the face: he stopped using WS's below 50%. Darkness being slightly alligned with that side of the chart leads me to suspect that if he receives enough ice damage between his own TP moves he'll get a major Amnesia effect.

Drop rate was 'meh' but not terrible: first pop dropped the feet, second dropped the feet and the helmet, and the others were duds.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-12-03 17:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And confirm it's ice based status effects on the Hippo to raise your damage with a large darkness cause's it to stop spamming song. Today we were doing CDC -> Sinker followed by our THF doing SATA RS. He did a 65K darkness on one and a 71K darkness on another, it pretty much shuts the NM down completely. Could use a SAM for Rana -> Fudo or some other combination.
By Lyncath 2014-12-03 18:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We popped the Hippo another ten times this evening, and got four Highwing Helms. The drop rate isn't terrible but it may take a few pops before you see one.

Also, 71k Darkness Skillchains... What?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-03 19:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is good info. So ice-debuffs and ice damage combined really wreck the Hippogryph. I'm curious if a similar weakness is applicable to the other NMs.

I'm having weirdly different experiences on Diremite depending on who I bring, though I'm not certain if that's just a debuff issue (particularly from magic accuracy issues) or melee/tank issue (especially with accuracy). Hard to watch the moves since I'm usually playing at least 2 people at once, but I did notice a PLD losing hate to Grapple.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Anyone have any notable experience with the Craklaw? Looking to get the earring and/or club and was looking for any details. I'm assuming it has some nifty trick or special characteristic like the other NMs.
Nothing to report so far, nor have I heard any accounts, yet there surely are people killing it somewhere.
By Andromida 2014-12-04 16:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seavel asked me to post this for you guys to see:

We had various people adding lots of debuffs followed by Saevel on BLU doing Chain Affinity CDC to Sinker Drill making Darkness and I was THF/WAR with Berserk TA Rudra's making Darkness t2 for 60k+

BTW Kano did win that :)
[+]
By Lyncath 2014-12-04 18:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Back with some more information, this time for the Diremite that drops the Respite Cloak.

We went at this one with a similar setup.
Rdm/Geo/Brd/Blu/Blu/Thf

At first we tried a more offensive buff setup with Indi-Fury and Geo-Torpor but that quickly turned sour as Filamented Hold overwrote Haste II and triggered Hundred Fists. The second fight we adjusted the Geomancer buffs to Indi-Attunement (Magic Evasion Bonus) and Geo-Vex (Magic Accuracy Down), using Blaze of Glory on one Luopan and Ecliptic Attrition on the next. The difference in difficulty was HUGE: with Attunement and Vex up not a single Filamented Hold landed and subsequently not a single Hundred Fists went off.

Definately recommend bringing a Geomancer to this fight and having them use Indi-Attunement and Geo-Vex to neutralize the Filamented Hold and Hundred Fists combination this NM has.

Killed it seven times and saw three Flax Sashes and two Respite Cloaks.
[+]