Looking for some addon advice please. Pointwatch
 Odin.Flamecrest
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Darrenuk
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 03:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

Would someone please be able to offer me some advice with using the Windower addon called Pointwatch. Its an addon through Windower that displays current XP etc.

The issue I'm having is this.

I have FFXI installed on tw PC's and Windower installed on each, along with the Pointwatch addon.

The PC with the 1920 x 1080 resolution displays the addon fine with no issues. However, when I switch to playing FFXI on the other PC, the addon isn't showing. The second PC has a resolution 1336 x 768. Is the lower resolution the issue? Maybe Pointwatch is there but I can't see it? All other addons work fine on the second PC.

I've tried to update Windower and reinstall etc. No luck at all. I also tried the //pw show command in game but it isn't doing anything. I'm a bit puzzled as to why this isn't working.

Is there something else I can try so that I can view Pointwatch on the second PC with the lower resolution?

Thank you
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 04:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to add some further info. The Windower info (the red writing on the FFXI main title screen) is saying the following in relation to Pointwatch:

Pointwatch: Lua error (unknown: 1) - libs/config.lua

What could this mean? As I've said, the addon runs fine on the first PC.

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2014-11-11 04:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The config file for Pointwatch has something that is causing the error. That is what that text is referring to. You'll have to go in and open the file using notepad++ to see what the issue is. It probably has something to do with the difference in resolutions you're using between the two systems, since it shows one and not the other system. You should be able to adjust the place it shows up in that config file as well using the X and Y.
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 04:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply.

I've just been looking inside the file but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Would you be able to offer me any further help please?

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2014-11-11 04:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you open up the file in notepad and scroll down to where it says your character name in < >, it should say <Flamecrest> if that's the character you're attempting to use on that 2nd system. You'll notice that there's lines that say <pos>, <x>, and <y> underneath them. Change the <x> to 27 and the <y> to 740 and then save the file. That should make it appear underneath your chatlog approximately.
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 04:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I just check please? Which file do I need to open?
 Lakshmi.Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2014-11-11 04:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to the Windower main folder, go into addons>pointwatch>data and the settings file in there is the one you're opening in notepad to edit. Make sure you're not logged onto FFXI on the machine you're doing this on because the edits won't take effect. After you save the file, hopefully it should show up on your screen, if it doesn't then I am not sure what the issue is.
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 04:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The only folders I have under Pointwatch are:

FIXING POINTWATCH
message_ids
pointwatch
ReadMe
statics

Is it one of those?

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2014-11-11 04:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You're missing the data folder where the file is located. That is why there's an issue. Not sure why the file is missing and not sure how to make it reappear outside of reinstalling windower and redownloading the addon.
The last thing I could say would be to try before reinstalling windower is //update while in game to see if maybe that downloads the file you're missing then doing //pw reload. If that doesn't fix it then you're going to need someone that knows more about things than I do.
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 05:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's strange isn't it. I wonder why the data folder would be missing? I've just done a fresh of install of Windower too.

Anyway, I tried the //update and //pw reload but nothing happened. Guess I'll just not use this on the second PC as I have no clue what's happening!

It would be great if someone else would be able to offer some advice as to what's going on.

Thanks for the help :)
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 05:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed from within Windower, when I select the green down arrow to download Pointwatch nothing happens. I don't know how big the download is for it, but the green bar doesn't move along. All that appears is the off/on switch for the addon. Could this be because its such a small file size?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-11-11 05:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always try copying the data folder from your other system to the one that's missing it then try updating, see if that helps.
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 05:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
You could always try copying the data folder from your other system to the one that's missing it then try updating, see if that helps.

Thanks,

I'll try this later and see if that fixes it. I'm sure the other PC must have the data folder as the addon works on that one.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-11-11 05:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you see if it's fixed now?
By Darrenuk 2014-11-11 05:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems the data folder is missing from the second PC. Just copying it over now and testing. Brb!
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 05:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I've copied the data folder over and Windower told me Pointwatch had been loaded successfully on the title screen but I still can't see the addon in game. Do I now need to edit the data file because its settings are from the first PC?
 Odin.Flamecrest
By Odin.Flamecrest 2014-11-11 06:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It worked!

I copied over the data folder from the first PC and then used the X and Y numbers given by Sulia and Pointwatch has now appeared on the second PC!

I'm not sure why the data folder was missing from the download after a fresh install of Windower but at least its working now!

A big THANK YOU to everyone in this thread that helped me fix this and maybe this info will help someone else who might encounter this.

Thanks again!