Requesting Server Merge.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Requesting Server Merge.
Requesting Server Merge.
 Sylph.Crayden
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: crayden
By Sylph.Crayden 2014-11-10 15:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I'm a sylph local have been all my life. Been playing FFXI for years. Sylph is dying, it's running out of people half of the players are either bazaar mules or Japanese. I've been trying to do stuff for a long time like many people, but I just can't get get enough people. I have friends here that are really nice, and don't wanna leave them so what I'm asking is: A server merge of Bahamut, and Sylph. Bahamut has like 700-900 people on at a time on average, and Sylph has 400 people on at a time on average. So I'd be able to keep my friends you don't lose customers which I know alot of people ready to quit the game, and we all have fun again. I'd be REALLY thankful, along with a lot of others.

Thank you in advance,
6 year FFXI player: Crayden
[+]
By Ambie 2014-11-10 15:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Crayden, many are trying to make groups but there just isnt people around. Those that are, are already in Linkshells that do events only amongst themselves. Please assist.

Thank you,
10yrs FFXI Player: Ambie
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-10 16:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

1. SE staff suposelly dont check this forum.

2. Even if they check it, posting it in a ffxiv forum would help even less.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-10 16:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
2. Even if they check it, posting it in a ffxiv forum would help even less.
Best place I could think of, FFXI doesn't have a suggestions section. >.>
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 16:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Again: please, no. (maybe, if you could get a friend playing again who transferred to Sylph Fairy, then fine, I'll accept your ilk as payment).
By Calibeaner916 2014-11-10 16:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

NA launch player, yes please. Lakshmi is deeeeead.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 16:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always just server transfer, they did drop the price, but it won't help you any.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2014-11-10 16:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Which events does your server struggle at finding members for?

The only time I see /shout groups failing to find members is around 9PM PST/Midnight EST.
By gdiShun 2014-11-10 17:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was on Sylph recently(I think you tried to sell me your Kaggen's Cuticle(?) XD) and I was actually surprised how many shouts were going on despite the server having basically half the population of Phoenix during peak times. I guess even LS's are having trouble filling 6 there? :\

But yeah, I'm personally for a merge. There's very little to compete with others for anymore. More people around, more people shouting and more people answering shouts.
By Ambie 2014-11-10 19:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We have trouble filling all events. Some have pearls but they dont venture to help other players. Groups shout for HOURS just to fill one event and then the people leave after just one run of then event and then the shouting starts again.
 Sylph.Crayden
user: crayden
By Sylph.Crayden 2014-11-10 19:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lot's of server's are dead, but we all have friends. We don't wanna server transfer without them, and not all of them are able to leave behind they're friends to server transfer. Even so it's extra money meaning a pain for something fixable that'll make people happy, a server merge.

Crayden
 Sylph.Murex
By Sylph.Murex 2014-11-10 19:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambie! lol
 Sylph.Ashiya
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2014-11-10 19:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
Which events does your server struggle at finding members for?

The only time I see /shout groups failing to find members is around 9PM PST/Midnight EST.

Off-peak is about 400-500ish (minus the afk bazaars) and 800-900ish during peak/weekends.

The usually shouts going on are for Delve i.e Tojil or Foret, and your occasional Skirmish(Alluvion) and WKR's, some rare missions here and there...

There's both NA, and Japanese on but during their respective times.

As for linkshells, the one I'm in (which Crayden has) does mostly everyday (Delve, Skirmish, Hi-tier, SKC, Einherjar, NNI etc) so plenty to go on. I think the problem is people want to get stuff done, but lack the response for help when it comes to shouting for their own things to do off linkshell.

Then the other issue that "supposedly" certain people suck at events like delve, or high tier (which is your usual, because no one wants to go with someone who can't do the job right ><) Furthermore they set the bar high on the required job needed with the proper ilevel.

I'm one who's not willing to move, and is fine with the idea of a merge down the future. Plus I'd hate to have to change my name :<
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-11-10 19:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
1. SE staff suposelly dont check this forum.

Supposedly, they do. The correct statement is; They use to.