Which Server Has The Largest English Pop?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Which server has the largest english pop?
Which server has the largest english pop?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2014-11-09 15:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Howdy, everyone. I hail from Lakshmi, which has always been the best #2 in the game, in all manners that semi-mattered. Things like Ballista and Astral Candy defense, you see, as we tended to trail behind server competitor Siren.

But alas, the flame of subs waned over the years, and the place I've called home since 2005 has caused all my friends over the years to leave, and the server here has shrunk considerably, and really turning into a JP server. Not that I have any real problem with JPs, but there's something more magical about sharing laughs over /l without full on auto translate being used. Mind you, it can and always has made for some good laughs, but you all probably get the gist of it.

So yeah! I'm looking to see what server has people more apt to speaking my native language of American, since the free period is coming up again, and they have reduced server hop fees. I figure I can land of a new server and start the mingling in the sake of making new friends to chum with, or start up a LS of my own and maybe see some mild success, unless the game has somehow went to a darker place than ilvl and Adoulin since I last played a few months ago. Haven't really kept up with things, I just know that ilvl was causing a pretty big divide when I came back versus players that already cleared and got what they wanted from all the big bosses at the time.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-09 15:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin is usually pretty busy. Decent market for everything and always lots of shouts going on. (But I'm pretty biased)!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-09 16:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would choose any of the big server. Asura, odin and bahamut come in my mind. But even on odin isnt that "oh great". Right now, for example, 770 people.

On side topic, i dont know if i missed something, but would have server transfer cost reduced in that SE madness week?
By dragomair 2014-11-09 16:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura's pretty busy at all times.
By Zoltar 2014-11-09 17:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, Bahamut isn't recruiting.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2014-11-09 18:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see. Asura / Odin / Bahamut are the big guys? I recall Leviathan being an option in the past, or was that just Draylo being really enthusiastic and constantly recommending it to returning players?

Pantafernando said: »
On side topic, i dont know if i missed something, but would have server transfer cost reduced in that SE madness week?

It's supposed to be $9, which seems like a good enough price to bite the bullet at. It's in that magical impulse range, without really hitting "Wow, this costs more than a month with mules!" price point.
 Asura.Zheta
Server: Asura
user: Zhizi
By Asura.Zheta 2014-11-09 21:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just transferred from Fenrir to Asura and the English pop is much higher here.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-11-09 23:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm up for possible land locations as well. Lakshmi is all but dead for any relevant content (translate: JP server fulltime), and HP bayld supply is really low. The latter aside, I'm just looking for a spot that is relatively active during evenings after work (EST). Got jobs and stuff to make a new home worthwhile.

Speaking of - anyone else from Lakshmi trying to move? We should just up and get outta of that server as a whole, because it's so disappointing at times. Force it to where during NA time, nobody plays.

TLDR; Later, Lakshmi.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-09 23:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Ah, I see. Asura / Odin / Bahamut are the big guys? I recall Leviathan being an option in the past, or was that just Draylo being really enthusiastic and constantly recommending it to returning players?
def wouldn't recommend leviathan, you won't get anything done here
By Mitruya 2014-11-10 06:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't recommend Valefor either.
 Cerberus.Kyka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kyka 2014-11-10 07:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The simple fact that my scum bucket of an ex-husband has characters on Lakshmi is PERFECT reason to fleeeeee from that server LOL.

Cerberus isn't a very high volume/traffic of players. There does always seems to be something going on and I seem to run into more English speaking players than I do JP.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2014-11-10 07:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kyka said: »
The simple fact that my scum bucket of an ex-husband has characters on Lakshmi is PERFECT reason to fleeeeee from that server LOL.

LMAO
 Phoenix.Kaoriasada
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kaoriasada 2014-11-10 07:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix has a decent size player base, but shouts are either dead or full of drama. There are A LOT of English players, but most of them stick to their linkshells (i.e., UniversalDynasty, DaTaruGang, Hamburglars, etc.) and keep to themselves. Very hard to make a group. Wouldn't recommend Phoenix to someone who doesn't have a small group of people to do things with.