Help Please! This Is Extremely Serious.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Help please! This is extremely serious.
Help please! This is extremely serious.
By daoming 2014-11-07 22:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently my account was just canceled out of the blue. Not the FFXIV account, the ENTIRE Square Enix account was just canceled. I looked at my email and it said that there was a notification that my account would be deactivated, but there's no word on -why- or when this cancellation was submitted. I go to try logging in on my Square Enix account to try and contact SE, but ofc I can't even reactivate my account because I have to have them do it. So I'm pretty much *** on what to do.

1.) I was ingame right before this happened.

2.) I never clicked any kind of suspicious links and always checked to make sure that everything was legit, because I bookmarked SE's mog station.

3.) I do not have anything keylogging on my computer, I checked it with multiple virus scans and nothing is turning up. This thing has no viruses after four scans each with different software.

Is anyone else having this issue? Can SE restore my account? Please I spent weeks working on my account, only for it to just get suddenly canceled right out of the blue?
By Nazrious 2014-11-07 23:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Se can restore and roll back accounts, perhaps billing issues. Call them during business hours.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-11-07 23:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a billing issue. You should still be able to login into the SE management site though. If not, yeah might have to talk to a rep.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-11-07 23:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Burn your house down and join the circus. Only option left.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-07 23:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Xsoahc said: »
Burn your house down and join the military. Only option left.
ftfy, it may cost you an arm and a leg though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-11-07 23:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Xsoahc said: »
Burn your house down and join the military. Only option left.
ftfy, it may cost you an arm and a leg though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By daoming 2014-11-08 00:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
It's a billing issue. You should still be able to login into the SE management site though. If not, yeah might have to talk to a rep.

It's not even letting me log into the SE management, it's completely locked me out and idk why. I've reread all of the ingame rules of FFXIV, I haven't broken a single one, I haven't given out my password or even account name to anyone (I think it's rather easy to pose as someone, talk to a rep and sound like you know what you're doing and they'll just help you reset a password.) and I ran 4 different legitimate virus scans, and all turned up with no viruses or anything suspicious that'd qualify as a security vulnerability in an IT department.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-08 00:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be server side... FFXIV is kind of faulty.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-08 00:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this really deserves the "extremely serious" tag, but hey. I figure that would be more relevant if like you caught Ebola or something.
[+]
By daoming 2014-11-08 00:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I'm not sure if this really deserves the "extremely serious" tag, but hey. I figure that would be more relevant if like you caught Ebola or something.

Extremely serious because I might not be the only one experiencing this problem, I wanna see if anyone else is having the same issue/found a way to fix it.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-08 01:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds extremely serious to me
[+]
By daoming 2014-11-08 08:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Yeah thanks for making the same joke everyone else has you *** jerk.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-11-08 08:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Order some buffalo wings and Spend the weekend watching killer college football, then call on Monday. If you can't get on the SE management site that's your only option.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Paimeii
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Paimeii 2014-11-08 09:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Try asking the FFXIV forums?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-08 10:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Paimeii said: »
Try asking the FFXIV forums?
If Daoming is blocked and / or deleted the official FFXIV forums are inaccessible. And no others can offer anything better than advice, same as here.

Monday on the phone....
By daoming 2014-11-08 14:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
daoming said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Yeah thanks for making the same joke everyone else has you *** jerk.
when you try to log in the square enix ID page, what does it say exactly?
SE doesn't actually delete/cancel the SE IDs so don't worry it's not like it could have been deleted anyway

Also yeah nothing about this video game is worthy of the title "Extremely serious" genuinely; expect hyperbolic backlash to continue most likely.

Well to be frank I was worried also about my bank account at the time and I was in a huge amount of stress. When I try to log into the SE account management system page, I will always receive.

Your Square Enix account has already been cancelled.
Please contact the Square Enix Support Center for details.

(But when I went to my email, it gives me no reason why I was canceled, so I didn't break any kind of rules. When I check my email, it says I was notified of a cancellation on my account, and I will be calling on Monday to find out what's going on.