Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Scoreboard + Daken
Scoreboard + Daken
By Santi 2014-10-29 23:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone experiencing an issue where Daken is not being recorded in Scoreboard?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-11-01 00:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Santi said: »
Anyone experiencing an issue where Daken is not being recorded in Scoreboard?

I can confirm, Scoreboard doesn't register Daken proc's.

Went to Ceizak without katanas equipped, and zero HTH skill. Popped sange, and nothing was recorded despite plenty of Daken proc's.
By Crevox 2014-11-01 02:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

One of many issues with its tracking.

Unless they fixed it, you can walk outside and just nuke mobs with spells and it won't track the damage unless you engage them. This alone causes huge damage inconsistencies even in groups because random things just don't get counted, especially AoE spells.

Of course, if you say that it has issues at all in game or otherwise, people will just hate on you because they think you're trying to lie or something, despite it being easily testable...
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-11-01 10:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I registered an issue in the official github repo. Should see some traction with this soon.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Server: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2014-11-01 11:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So I been outparsing MNKs in delve w/o my Daken dmg being included o.O
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-01 12:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
I registered an issue in the official github repo. Should see some traction with this soon.

Unlikely its been well known to fix magic damage issues you need to turn the battle music option on when not engaged an it fixes it.

2ndly, AoE damage isn't counted nor is counter attacks is think.

Enspells from /run isn't tracked, not is lunge damage (at least it wasn't)

The only accurate DPS parse was Kparser but only if you had no filters or battlemod applied.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-11-01 18:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Unlikely its been well known to fix magic damage issues you need to turn the battle music option on when not engaged an it fixes it.

The only accurate DPS parse was Kparser but only if you had no filters or battlemod applied.

There might be a little confusion here. I didn't mention magic, aoe, enspells counter attacks etc.

It's a new ability that just came out, where ranged attacks are added between attack rounds. Surely rng damage shows up, so I have some hope.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-01 19:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

There might be a little confusion here. I didn't mention magic, aoe, enspells counter attacks etc.

It's a new ability that just came out, where ranged attacks are added between attack rounds. Surely rng damage shows up, so I have some hope.

I know what you said, and wanted however here's the issue.

Normal Attacks are counted, but counters are not, they're the same damage type all be it with with a trait and 0 delay.

AoE magical attacks are not counted, only the damage done to the first target is. (I proved this in Skirmish on Blue Mage with people in party to show them how useless their parse system where they lost anyway was.)

Enspell damage from /run as a main or Sub job, is also not included, but its magic damage...

Just because NIN uses a Ranged Trait now doesn't mean it will be added when counter attacks, which are pivital to MNK's DPS do not show on Parse and are the same damage type don't appear, I wouldn't hold my breath for yet another set of damage to not be added.

Parse isn't about Epeen (Least that's not it's original intention) it's about judging your stats / gear and effectiveness on a target so as it stands, SB works as intended in as much as controllable stats (Counter and AoE not included) for giving your accuracy data (Zanshin not included... which seems to be an oversight but I'm not sure how they would even differentiate between the two unless it comes with a Packet ID for Zanshin) and WSavg numbers etc.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-01 20:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt write scoreboard but I took a stab at understanding how it works and tried debugging it a bit.

The daken attacks are just ranged attack action packets of various types and the damage value is there when I debugwrite it out.
The issue is something in the scoreboard code that groups+filters by category or the topmost level check for
'if mob_is_ally(action.raw.actor_id)' that causes them to get missed and not added to the dps tally.

I've crashed my game several times just trying to output certain packet bits to my ingame log using windower.add_to_chat which is frustrating in my attempts to help figure out what is wrong.

The battlemod parse_action_packet.lua code is thankfully easier to understand when it comes to learning about action packets.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-01 21:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone fancies tinkering with their own scoreboard.lua,
in the function 'windower.register_event('action', function(raw_action)'

above the line of code that reads....
Code
if mob_is_ally(action.raw.actor_id) then

*Around line 375 in the file*

The code chunk below will track accumulated daken damage if you are on ninja and add 2 more entries in scoreboard named after your character with 'RA' and 'RA Crit' suffixed to show accumulated damage for ranged attacks that land.

Disclaimer:
(this is a hack and doesnt check if you are really on ninja job and assumed ranged attack are from shuriken). Only tested solo and with trusts that do no ranged attacks. might be wrong if partied with others that do ranged damage. totally a work in progress but if you just wanna know dps/total damage dealt for daken this would suffice as a temp fix to satisfy your curiosity.
Code
for target in action:get_targets() do
	for subaction in target:get_actions() do

if (subaction.message == 352) or (subaction.message == 353) or (subaction.message == 576) or (subaction.message == 577) then 

-- windower.add_to_chat( 8, "sb: msgID: " .. subaction.message .. " rhit amount " .. subaction.param )

if subaction.message == 353 then
				dps_db:add_r_crit(target:get_name(),  action:get_actor_name() .. " RA Crit" , subaction.param)
			else
				dps_db:add_r_hit(target:get_name(), action:get_actor_name() .. " RA" , subaction.param)
			end 

end
	end
end					

this is a screenshot of me using the modded scoreboard.lua, it doesnt add the damage into your main damage and keeps it separated in those 2 categories for now:
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-01 23:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
If anyone fancies tinkering with their own scoreboard.lua,
in the function 'windower.register_event('action', function(raw_action)'

above the line of code that reads....
Code
if mob_is_ally(action.raw.actor_id) then

*Around line 375 in the file*

The code chunk below will track accumulated daken damage if you are on ninja and add 2 more entries in scoreboard named after your character with 'RA' and 'RA Crit' suffixed to show accumulated damage for ranged attacks that land.

Disclaimer:
(this is a hack and doesnt check if you are really on ninja job and assumed ranged attack are from shuriken). Only tested solo and with trusts that do no ranged attacks. might be wrong if partied with others that do ranged damage. totally a work in progress but if you just wanna know dps/total damage dealt for daken this would suffice as a temp fix to satisfy your curiosity.
Code
for target in action:get_targets() do
	for subaction in target:get_actions() do

if (subaction.message == 352) or (subaction.message == 353) or (subaction.message == 576) or (subaction.message == 577) then 

-- windower.add_to_chat( 8, "sb: msgID: " .. subaction.message .. " rhit amount " .. subaction.param )

if subaction.message == 353 then
				dps_db:add_r_crit(target:get_name(),  action:get_actor_name() .. " RA Crit" , subaction.param)
			else
				dps_db:add_r_hit(target:get_name(), action:get_actor_name() .. " RA" , subaction.param)
			end 

end
	end
end					

this is a screenshot of me using the modded scoreboard.lua, it doesnt add the damage into your main damage and keeps it separated in those 2 categories for now:

That's actually very useful.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-02 00:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm taking a look at this on -dev. Tonight I mostly read over it and tried to figure out how it works. Tomorrow I'll probably give this problem a stab and perhaps do some gut reorganization.

If anyone cares, the -dev version has additional stats added now that Suji had made stubs for:
mavg - Average melee hit
mrange - Average melee range
critavg, critrange, ravg, rrange, rcritavg, rcritrange - Take a guess!

I'm going to have to *** around in the Action library he uses to get anything really done as far as improvement goes, and I might have to rework some of the infrastructure to accommodate the more complicated parsing requests that have arisen over the last year.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-11-02 00:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'm taking a look at this on -dev. Tonight I mostly read over it and tried to figure out how it works. Tomorrow I'll probably give this problem a stab and perhaps do some gut reorganization.

If anyone cares, the -dev version has additional stats added now that Suji had made stubs for:
mavg - Average melee hit
mrange - Average melee range
critavg, critrange, ravg, rrange, rcritavg, rcritrange - Take a guess!

I'm going to have to *** around in the Action library he uses to get anything really done as far as improvement goes, and I might have to rework some of the infrastructure to accommodate the more complicated parsing requests that have arisen over the last year.

Thanks Byrth, that sounds very nice. Appreciate the time put into this.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-02 20:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just merged a set of changes live. It does not fix Daken, but does implement those features I talked about. I'm currently overhauling the guts of Scoreboard. It should work after that, but it's going to take a little time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kjotu
Server: Leviathan
user: kjLotus
By Leviathan.Kjotu 2014-11-02 20:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In case it wasn't mentioned yet, Daken is implemented as an extra attack in your auto attack round using animation 4 (0 right hand attack, 1 off hand attack, 2 right foot kick attack, 3 left foot kick attack, 4 ranged attack). It does not have an extra packet or anything to do with ranged attacks other than the message ID being the ranged attack message ID.

edit: for everyone else, your Daken damage was probably just lumped into your auto attack damage, depending on how scoreboard is written
By Santi 2014-11-03 00:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just merged a set of changes live. It does not fix Daken, but does implement those features I talked about. I'm currently overhauling the guts of Scoreboard. It should work after that, but it's going to take a little time.

Thank you so much for your hard work!! Much appreciated!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-14 07:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I finally got around to finishing this and pushed it to -dev. I'd like people to try it before it goes live.

These are the only relevant file changes:
Put in addons/scoreboard: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntau2bs7m0691xo/scoreboard.lua?dl=0
Put in addons/libs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vul8fdbfdloiz4x/actions.lua?dl=0

Please let me know how it works!
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-12-14 07:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just quickly ran out and picked on some mandies for a few minutes, but it's working. No issues.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-14 08:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I made one more minor change to scoreboard.lua. Redownload it from the same link.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-12-14 21:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I made one more minor change to scoreboard.lua. Redownload it from the same link.

It's working here. Thanks for taking care of this!