Thinking About Coming Back....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Thinking about coming back....
Thinking about coming back....
By Mitruya 2014-10-31 13:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ... this is pretty much a solo game with a chat channel. All I do is play Monstrosity and I'm ready for new stuff!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2014-10-31 18:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

im thinking about coming back. been gone for more than a year and the cravings has returned.
im bringing in a co worker friend he just started yesterday so i will have some fun teaching him the hoops of the game

but once i hit midt to endgame is where i worry.
I really don't wanna spend hours of hours in Pug for alliance events. i really enjoy 6 man static for events.
how much of newer stuff is party events (SoA and newer)

Cause with his character, my duo boxing and the wife duo boxing that would be really quick to fill.

I like doing mission lines/ 6 man events or grinding out weapons/gear. Something with a long time goal to work one
By Pantafernando 2014-10-31 18:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
im thinking about comming back. been gone for more tahn a year and the cravings has returned.
im bringin in a co worker frined he just started yesterday so i will have some fun teachin him the hoops of the game

I really dont wanna speend hours of hours in Pug for alliance events. i really enjoy 6 man statsic for events.

Cause with his cheracter my duoe boxing and the wife duo boxing that would be really quick to fill.

I like doing mission lines/ 6 mand events og grinding out weapons/gear. Something with a long time goal to work one

Its pretty hard to find a reason to do anything with more than 6 persons.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2014-10-31 19:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When i left delve farming was still an alliance event so that roughtly the powerlevel of my gear
By Pantafernando 2014-10-31 19:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When i left delve farming was still an alliance event so that roughtly the powerlevel of my gear

Delve was heavily nerfed to single party content, even trios of you have enough gear.

Since you left, we got lots of revamps: af1, af2, rem, skirmish, new delve, revamps of old battlefield (ark angel, ouryu, shadowlord, etc). But all focused in party setups. Can do alliances, but doing so, it gets harder.
[+]
By Voren 2014-10-31 20:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny that some of the jobs during aby era that were left to the side for the most part (cor, pld, brd) are being shouted for now for runs on new content.

I was in a party with a BLU doing runs for REM chapters 1-5, and she handled herself well. No empy, no ark saber, no mythic, just the JSE and sparks swords. If you love BLU and know the job that's 90% of it. Anyone who says gear = good player's a moron. I'm sure everyone's got a story of someone in omgubberawesomesauce gear that sucked.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
Server: Carbuncle
user: Grimix88
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-31 20:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

im thinking about coming back. been gone for more than a year and the cravings has returned.
im bringing in a co worker friend he just started yesterday so i will have some fun teaching him the hoops of the game

I really don't wanna spend hours of hours in Pug for alliance events. i really enjoy 6 man static for events.

Cause with his character, my duo boxing and the wife duo boxing that would be really quick to fill.

I like doing mission lines/ 6 man events or grinding out weapons/gear. Something with a long time goal to work one

I wouldn't mind being in a small static:)
By Areayea 2014-10-31 20:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is awesome IDK what you haters are talking about they bring damage and utility if they focus their job like most MNKs do...
[+]
By Refia1 2014-10-31 21:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Areayea said: »
BLU is awesome IDK what you haters are talking about they bring damage and utility if they focus their job like most MNKs do...

can they replace sam thou? I see pplz shouting for sam 119... so strange why u need sam 119 for tojil when u can clear it np xD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Areayea 2014-10-31 22:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »

can they replace sam thou? I see pplz shouting for sam 119... so strange why u need sam 119 for tojil when u can clear it np xD

SAM has always had an edge over all other dd, its like SE's baby that they never hurt only help and all other jobs servent children... Fact of life
By Areayea 2014-10-31 22:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also that's specifically why I said mnk and not Sam >.>
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-31 22:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

an out of the box blu or a returning blu sucks and is a waste of space. if you read my comment you will see that it takes gear to be useful which they cant get unless they have a useful job.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-01 04:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »

SAM has always had an edge over all other dd, its like SE's baby that they never hurt only help and all other jobs servent children... Fact of life

No just no, sam is OP now but it wasn't always the best dd.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-11-01 05:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

an out of the box blu or a returning blu sucks and is a waste of space. if you read my comment you will see that it takes gear to be useful which they cant get unless they have a useful job.
What makes you think I'm some out of the box blu? Regardless I know ima need some gear but I wasn't a piss poor blu before I left. Also left having a well equiped whm so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the gear I need. So GTFO my thread with your negative bs
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-01 22:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You kinda have to ignore pretty much any post that guy makes.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-01 22:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Block Sieha and your time on this forum will be vastly improved. As for BLU, I am biased as it is my absolute favorite job, but I can say that it is a very powerful DD. One of only two job combinations that can obtain native Double Attack and Triple Attack, native DW3, self-skillchain potential, blue magic is actually quite powerful since the rework, and very powerful self-buffs make it a force to be reckoned with. Aside from this, they have access to superb utility in the form of group heals/buffs and strong debuffs for any target you're facing. I will never be able to deny that some people have absolutely zero clue how to play the job (I'm looking at you, people who TP in Hagondes), but it is by no means useless.

On the original topic of the thread, I highly suggest returning. I did so during the last "Return Home" campaign after quitting when Adoulin was released and have been loving my time back. There's another "Return Home" campaign soon, so give it a shot then and see how you like the new content.
 Bismarck.Ryukin
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ryukin 2014-11-01 23:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back... how does leveling usually work now? When I left there were some Fell Cleave parties in abyssea... does that still happen or are there better and more effective ways to level
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-01 23:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For leveling, people normally solo to 30 with trusts then head to Abyssea worm parties.
By Unexpekted 2014-11-02 05:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Valefor is super dead, like 450ish people online when its not JP time dead.
The amount of times plans have fallen through because you cant get 6 people interested in a bc, or they arent the right job mix is rather troubling.

Yep... I pretty much log in and /sh hello everyone. Then log out unless I feel like running Dynamis. Been thinking of going to Odin, but I'd miss a few ppl on Valefor even if it's just idle chat.
 Sylph.Ratixfarence
By Sylph.Ratixfarence 2014-11-02 07:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
For leveling, people normally solo to 30 with trusts then head to Abyssea worm parties.

At least on Sylph, I don't know what other servers do.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-02 08:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ryukin said: »
I just came back... how does leveling usually work now? When I left there were some Fell Cleave parties in abyssea... does that still happen or are there better and more effective ways to level

When you have some progress in courier coalitions, you can earn 16 lvs just spamming coalition quests. Then, from 16 till 30 you can leech in bostaunieux provide someone is there and allow that, or just solo with trusts.

Abyssea is still the best exping place, just losing to exp party in ilv120+ mobs in adoulin with double exp going on. Raptor party in aby misaureaux is the most popular in odin, unlike most servers that prefer worm parties, because those link by sound and run at high speed, so its easier to pull to mana burn, just requiring 2 persons to make it happen, while worm party would still require more active persons to spread.
By Mitruya 2014-11-02 10:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unexpekted said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Valefor is super dead, like 450ish people online when its not JP time dead.
The amount of times plans have fallen through because you cant get 6 people interested in a bc, or they arent the right job mix is rather troubling.

Yep... I pretty much log in and /sh hello everyone. Then log out unless I feel like running Dynamis. Been thinking of going to Odin, but I'd miss a few ppl on Valefor even if it's just idle chat.

Like me! *waves*
But yes, Valefor is so dead. People keep quitting or transferring, and just afk a lot in general.
Content is designed to punish you for wanting to have fun; if you go with a less-than perfect set-up then all your fun is crushed and no one wants to waste their time to group up for anything anymore.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-11-02 12:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ima be transferring to Odin

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By taye 2014-11-02 13:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming from a player on carby this server is pretty dead ria
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-02 13:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Need a merge, all server are dead atm
By Pantafernando 2014-11-02 13:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin was around 1940 jp primetime, and its 940 right now.

Shouts arent that active actually, its a vw here and there, tojil, some incursion and lots of sell/buy.

Before any rushed decision, wait next update. None knows exactly what will be this concord stuff, but that ls recruitment advertising in-game is interesting to say the least. Its a fact that the problem isnt server, but the people you play with, and this update SE will make easier to people to find and search new people to play, based in preference, time, etc.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-11-02 16:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm playing around with gearswap for now trying to figure out how it worksXD
By Areayea 2014-11-02 18:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well have fun on Odin say hi to tonic and sintrulli for me :p