Thinking About Coming Back....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Thinking about coming back....
Thinking about coming back....
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Riaka
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Grimix88
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-28 20:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all! So I've be away from this game for over a year moving from mmo to mmo and all of them has made me more and more nostalgic about this game and making me want to come back. I know a lot has happened, so I'm wondering how alive is the game? What are server populations like? I really don't want to come back to a ghost town....

I'm also wondering about what kind of content is out now. I know I must be really behind the curve on what is new now...
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-28 21:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's worth it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-28 21:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If server populations are a worry, you might have to transfer. I don't personally know how Carby is now but from what I've read there are only 2 really populous servers. Asura and something else which I didn't pay much attention to.

I'm fairly okay with light populations as I absolutely hate competition and I primarily play with set groups so I don't need shouts but one think that is a problem is supplies of certain items. Ragnarok isn't bad but I think anyone on most servers can feel issues caused by depopulation.

I do have to say I like their being so many QoL updates. Makes the little things less irritating.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-28 21:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ok with transferring, the main thing is I just want to be able to find a good group of people to play with:)
 Phoenix.Renali
Server: Phoenix
user: Renali21
By Phoenix.Renali 2014-10-28 21:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Riaka said: »
Hey all! So I've be away from this game for over a year moving from mmo to mmo and all of them has made me more and more nostalgic about this game and making me want to come back. I know a lot has happened, so I'm wondering how alive is the game? What are server populations like? I really don't want to come back to a ghost town.... I'm also wondering about what kind of content is out now. I know I must be really behind the curve on what is new now...

I took a long hiatus from the game also. When I came back to the game, I was blown away by how much has changed. It's like being new again and my character was lvl99 when I left. There's so much fun to be had now, I hate logging out. Come back, you wont regret it, even if you're on a low populated server. I've met lots of nice people who actually enjoy the game because it does't feel like a part time job anymore.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-28 21:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds awesome! Now I'm really pumped to come backXD
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Thedrake
Server: Odin
user: thedrake
By Odin.Thedrake 2014-10-29 00:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be a free week of play coming up soon, November 10-17th.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html

Also a discount campaign from Nov. 10-25th, with the price of server transfers 50% off.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/13257/detail.html
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-30 15:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok So I just got back on and as expected all of my friends had moved on:/ Carby looks to be dead and everyone I've spoken too has been french XD

Any server recommendations to move too?
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-30 15:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan is as dead as it gets... maybe try Odin or Asura?
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-30 15:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking bahamut or odin, or maybe phoenix, I heard about too many stories about asura but i may try it XD

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-30 17:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just looking for some good people to play with, preferably a ls that runs 11 pm est or later or a group of late night players XD Looked through all the server forums and didn't really see anything:/
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-30 17:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

server forums have never been known to get you anywhere in search of shells/ppl in my experience.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-30 18:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How populated is odin?
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-30 18:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

games is empty, only new gear is side grades blah blah blah. if you like playing the game then come if you do it for the 'reward' then dont because its not rewarding anymore.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-30 18:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

thurs oct 30 7:128 est - sea all shows 671 ppl.
Of course some areas have there Halloween tonight, so probably not a great estimate.

But im only planning on coming back self. Been out mostly for the last year. So i cant rly give a good estimate on population.
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-30 18:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really for the reward tbh, I just want to meet some people to play with. I don't play games for the reward anymore, I have more going on in my life atm. But it would be nice to be able to log in on nights I am home to have a group of friends to chill and do stuff with.

After so many high speed mmo's, none of which kept my attention for long, and all of which made me think about this game more and more are what makes me want to be back. I constantly think about playing BLU again, it's been my most favorite role out of EVERY other mmo I've played(with the list getting longer)and I'd love nothing more than to find an ls that wasn't so focused on schedules but more of a social/endgame low man type shell. I"m so over schedules and I don't have that type of time to devote to a game these days:/
By Refia1 2014-10-30 18:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
games is empty, only new gear is side grades blah blah blah. if you like playing the game then come if you do it for the 'reward' then dont because its not rewarding anymore.

didnt pplz say delve 1.0 gears was too fast? xD or did i not remember right
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-30 21:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

oh no not one of those, i want to play blu because I like it regardless of if its useless and i suck at it, people

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-30 22:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno what things are like on other servers, but on Sylph, I recently saw that a number of people on my friend list have migrated. Yet, despite this, there are still plenty of people I can hang out with at any given time. I suppose I lucked out, I've got a LS full of people who are just looking to have fun. I mean, right now, half the LS is hanging out in Halvung/Mount Zhayolm tracking down Wamouras to help a guy who recently came back with learning Erratic Flutter and other BLU spells. Sure, it's a simple sorta thing that anyone can do solo, but like, ***, the game is a big *** playground, go nuts. Later we'll probably do Delve or something if we feel like it. Sometimes we all just jump into Besieged or Campaign. I think most people wish they had that kind of a crew that just doesn't obsess over anything in the game.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-30 23:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
oh no not one of those, i want to play blu because I like it regardless of if its useless and i suck at it, people
Yeah oh god no, not one of those people. Those ones that love video games and have fun playing them regardless of what you think ugh, disgusting.

How dare they have fun

if they are ok with playing solo, more power to them. they arent going to get gear playing blu and you have to have the gear inorder to play blu effectively enough to actually be useful on it.

you like blu,pup,bst,war,drk,drg,any other job that sucks, level brd/whm/geo get the gear for it then come back and play it. Otherwise no one would waste their time with an ungeared joke job.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-30 23:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor is super dead, like 450ish people online when its not JP time dead.
The amount of times plans have fallen through because you cant get 6 people interested in a bc, or they arent the right job mix is rather troubling.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2014-10-30 23:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SE just needs to quit pussy footing and iLvl NNI, Salvage and Empy gears...
[+]
 Bahamut.Aelissa
Server: Bahamut
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2014-10-31 01:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Last i played was last year december/januari
I liked the changes and if you wonna relax and hang out this game is now perfect for it... Sadly i had to quit due to personal reasons that are now in the mids of getting resolved, so I'm hoping i can return at the start of the new year...
here's a fun question... how is the population on lakshmi?
I used to love that server it was always small though so i'm wondering.
By Areayea 2014-10-31 06:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you ever come to phoenix then hit me up :p
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-31 07:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Yeah oh god no, not one of those people. Those ones that love video games and have fun playing them regardless of what you think ugh, disgusting.

How dare they have fun

if they are ok with playing solo, more power to them. they arent going to get gear playing blu and you have to have the gear inorder to play blu effectively enough to actually be useful on it.

you like blu,pup,bst,war,drk,drg,any other job that sucks, level brd/whm/geo get the gear for it then come back and play it. Otherwise no one would waste their time with an ungeared joke job.
Hey you forgot SMN!
Oh wait.... SMN is more relevant now than when it was just brought for PD.
And DRK and DRG?
Do you even play?
Sheesh step up your trolling game. Betty Crocker is ashamed.

And OP, Odin is pretty populous.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Riaka
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-10-31 10:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh your one of those dickweeds aren't you? Nvm the fact I have other jobs appropriately geared(at the time I left) and at max level that I also enjoy playing? I suggest you find something better to do with your time
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-10-31 12:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

only worth it when they release new monstrosity !

fs se ;(
[+]
First Page 2