Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Hello Everyone
Hello Everyone
By Aloewin 2014-10-28 15:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought i would take a moment out of my busy crazy mad gaming rush to officially say hello to the FFXI community and I'd like to also extend my thanks to everyone who has made me feel most welcomed. It is true that i only started playing back on the 22nd but before my first week has even come to an end i have achieved so much. I have found (tripped over) a mog tablet which as time goes by seems to be more and more special discovery because i here account after account of other people's tales of woe finding these sparkling delights. I have solo'ed my own subjob quest thanks to my 3 trusty npc's which is a great idea i might (wish to also point out i had plenty of offers for help on this i just chose the solo option to test myself) add and and and ... there is just so much my head is spinning so i think I'll wrap this up thanks for reading and if you see me out and about on my adventures do say hello ^^
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-28 15:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aloewin said: »
I'd like to also extend my thanks to everyone who has made me feel most welcomed.
We can change that.
By volkom 2014-10-28 15:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hi!
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-28 15:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'd like to also extend my thanks to everyone who has made me feel most welcomed.
We can change that.
*smacks KN*

Be kind.

It's good to see someone with that beginner sparkle in their eye.

Welcome to the community, Aloe, and I hope you continue to find joy in the game as you continue your adventures in Vana'diel.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-28 15:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
*smacks KN*
Them'z fighting words!

Pick your rubber chicken!

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Welcome to the community, Aloe, and I hope you continue to find joy in the game as you continue your adventures in Vana'diel.
As long as he isn't in Asura, he is good.
[+]
 Odin.Aloewin
Server: Odin
user: Aloewin
By Odin.Aloewin 2014-10-28 15:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope I am from Odin and thanks :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-28 15:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-28 17:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

New player in 2014?
RMT.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nauta
Server: Fenrir
user: Anjou
By Fenrir.Nauta 2014-10-28 17:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to ffxi! Don't take the forum trolls too seriously, although it's ok to feed them, every once in a while. If you can find a good group of people to play with you will definitely have a great time.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-28 17:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Aloewin said: »
Nope I am from Odin and thanks :)

Welcome to my server then'
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-28 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome my British brother/sister.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-28 18:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought i would take a moment out of my busy crazy mad gaming rush to officially say hello to the FFXI community and I'd like to also extend my thanks to everyone who has made me feel most welcomed. It is true that i only started playing back on the 22nd but before my first week has even come to an end i have achieved so much. I have found (tripped over) a mog tablet which as time goes by seems to be more and more special discovery because i here account after account of other people's tales of woe finding these sparkling delights. I have solo'ed my own subjob quest thanks to my 3 trusty npc's which is a great idea i might (wish to also point out i had plenty of offers for help on this i just chose the solo option to test myself) add and and and ... there is just so much my head is spinning so i think I'll wrap this up thanks for reading and if you see me out and about on my adventures do say hello ^^

Firstly, hi.
Secondly, try soloing withou Trusts, I guarantee you it's much more rewarding - THF using a Crossbow and Blood Bolts to absorb 75hp a Shot is fun! and shows an old school skill (Developing those skills will MASSIVELY Set you apart from most players)
Thirdly, Banned for having a better Avatar than me.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-28 19:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember to take it slow and enjoy yourself. Game will be around for a long time and there is so much to do and see as a fresh player.

With that said, what's your favorite thing about the game so far?
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-28 19:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Remember to take it slow and enjoy yourself. Game will be around for a long time and there is so much to do and see as a fresh player.

Thats a good poin, try and get into the lore and do stuff at lower than max level, you will see the hidden difficulty (when stuff was caped at level 20!!!!) and see how strats / tactics work.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-28 19:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

[+]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-10-28 19:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!
Skjalf of Odin welcomes you.

meow :3
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-28 21:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't role play with Skjalf.

She bites.
 Odin.Aloewin
user: Aloewin
By Odin.Aloewin 2014-10-29 09:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks again everyone to name but a few thing i like so far i love the trust NPC system i solo'ed my RDM to 20 without even using them then i found out about them and then i was taking down tough goblins (just) it was fun. I also like the brown chests I'm turning it into an art form unlocking them but now and again the clues will be useless :D

ps why do i have to drag down and change my ID to my game name to post every time ? :/
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-29 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go into the members menu -> account and change your default to the character of your choice you won't have to do that
[+]
By greebo 2014-10-29 13:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, trusts are definitely a boon for new players. I'd recommend getting the whm Kupipi and one of the pld tanks like Trion asap. Gessho is pretty excellent nin tank, but you need to do some Aht Urhgan stuff done first. I think Sakura is still available from Fields of Valor, limited time too, so make sure you get her. Regen + combat skill-up chance increased.

Also, even though you won't be touching on the content for some time, get to Adoulin and start running Courier Coalition assignments whenever you have imprimaturs to do so. That should get you started on accruing some Bayld.

Talk to any Gobbiebox goblin once you clear the new character time frame as well to start accruing daily box points. Mostly garbage but you may luck out and get a nice reward you could sell for potentially millions.

Lastly, be sure to talk to a Voidwatch Officer to start accruing Voidstones and Joachim in Port Jeuno to start getting traveler's stones for that content. You'll be happy you did so in advance (once you meet the fame/rank/level requirements).

This reddit article is pretty useful for some general stuff as well: Tiktak's Guides