Any Merc Groups On Sylph Still Running?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Any Merc Groups on Sylph Still Running?
Any Merc Groups on Sylph Still Running?
First Page 2
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-27 14:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested in buying Felistris Mask and Mes'yohi haubergeon.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-29 09:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody trying to take my money? :(
By Selinah 2014-11-03 15:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they all left for Odin?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-03 15:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. I know there was a JP group selling stuff but even if I could find them their hours don't match well with mine.

Looks like I'll have to server transfer to get these two items. I have had terrible luck with VD Mithra (mask drop rate, clear is easy) and finding people to do RD2 just plain sucks.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-03 15:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My crew and I can give it a shot. We've gotten too many of those so it'd be good to give them a proper home. Hit me up sometime.
 Sylph.Tosaka
user: Tomiko
By Sylph.Tosaka 2014-11-04 17:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't you the one that bitched on the official Forums about EARNING the items you got because you were butthurt about people making mythics by exploiting Salvage?
[+]
 Sylph.Vaantalus
user: Vaantalus
By Sylph.Vaantalus 2014-11-04 18:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tosaka pls

PS. reactivate for the return home campaign already :(
By Pantafernando 2014-11-04 18:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Strawhat
Server: Siren
user: Strawhat
By Siren.Strawhat 2014-11-04 18:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

how much does F. mask go for? and the body? (kinda interested as well)

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-04 19:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
My crew and I can give it a shot. We've gotten too many of those so it'd be good to give them a proper home. Hit me up sometime.

Will do. Can you PM me with prices?

Sylph.Tosaka said: »
Aren't you the one that bitched on the official Forums about EARNING the items you got because you were butthurt about people making mythics by exploiting Salvage?

Yes. I called out the many cheaters who took advantage of the Salvage exploit, including very many in your shell and other Sylph endgame shells. That was disgusting and wrong, and it was shameful that S-E chose to do nothing in response. It seems like you're still sore over that thread. My advice is to let it go.

As far as the rest, I have no problem "earning" these items by participating in either D/VD MR as a relic ranger, or in D/VD RD2 as a mythic samurai, or in either as a white mage... but because of an inability to gather people from my ls and friends list right now, I prefer to just buy the drops. I've already cleared both on D, and done many MRs on VD (over a stack of chapter 8's to show for it), as well as months of DM D/VD ls runs.

Odin.Nikia said: »
Free man, any barely decent group should be able to do Difficult MR and if she is doing VD like she says(doubt she is) and not seeing Mask drops then SE hates her.

KI costs 10 merits do spamming 5+ in a night is not hard.

Fulcrum is more difficult due to it being a straight zerk but still not hard in the end.

Only time you should spent loot for items is if you just now came back and finding it hard to get clears or for DM2(since need 12-18 and D-VD for drops to matter)

You're not very bright. Why would I lie about doing VD MR? It's not a difficult fight, my ls group cleared it with two mules and no relics in 18-24 minutes, and only ever failed the first try (timed out at 2-3%). Out of all of our ls DMs, and a sizable number of D/VD MR's, I've lost rolls on every mask despite commenting the drop since the fights were introduced. Anyone who knows me in-game knows that I have incredibly poor luck with RNG.

The problem with the high-tier fights is that most of the time nearly everyone in the shout group wants a particular item from each BC. This, combined with the fact that Sylph has really died off in the last two months, and exacerbated by my inability to gather friends/lsmates to spam these fights, means that I'd rather just buy the drops.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-04 19:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nikia said: »
Free man, any barely decent group should be able to do Difficult MR and if she is doing VD like she says(doubt she is) and not seeing Mask drops then SE hates her.

KI costs 10 merits do spamming 5+ in a night is not hard.

Fulcrum is more difficult due to it being a straight zerk but still not hard in the end.

Only time you should spent loot for items is if you just now came back and finding it hard to get clears or for DM2(since need 12-18 and D-VD for drops to matter)
people buy things for convenience more often than incompetence

sure, you can farm 45 merits in 30 min then burn through 3 mithra in 10 min each(counting time to get KI back) with a great group that spends no time organizing, but even then you're going to need ~5 kills per mask(100 min) * 6 members = 10 hours to get the whole party a mask

if you look at it in a more realistic example, you can farm 45 merits in 30 min but then you'll need to shout for 25 min(if not longer) to get a group that's going to take 20+ min to kill it and probably need to disband or replace members after one fight..

45 + (45 * 3) = 3 hours / 3 kills = 5h / mask, with a 1/6 chance of receiving it

if you do it in PUG, where members shift and thus every run you have 6 mask lotters, you're looking at an average of 30 hours to get something that people will sell for 10m in 3 hours

fact is, buying it is both easier and more efficient for most people if you can find a good group to sell it.. FFXI wasn't balanced well for PUG and people don't seem to care to make static parties for the items they want
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tosaka
By Sylph.Tosaka 2014-11-05 03:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
It seems like you're still sore over that thread. My advice is to let it go.

Nah, I quit playing the game last month. The only reason I saw this was because it was pointed out to me. I just thought it was funny since you had talked about earning your items back then and this goes against that, even if you have already beat it on all levels. The fact remains that if you buy the Mask you didn't earn it unless you participated in the BC as opposed to just sitting outside hoping it drops from others killing it.

Either way, I hope you get your Mask since you seem to enjoy playing the game still.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-05 03:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheaters and their messed pov.

Only logic a cheater knows is to distort reality to justify their doings. That way, they can make cheating a "good deed for society" and now they try to distort another person opinion to use against him, even though, mercing != cheating. Also, unlike the rotten gil generated by cheaters, most likely he earned his gil in a legit way, so if he gets a mask by buying, its still legit.

Otherwise, everyone should stop buying alex, currency, hmps. If you dont farm by your own those items, you dont deserve it, isnt it?

Cmon, being a cheater dont mean youre allowed to be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-11-05 06:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I see nothing wrong with mercing honestly. It you took time to earn the gil and you buy an item I really dont see what the issue is. And for people selling the item its simply taking advantage of an oppurtunity in game. With the dying population its simply adapting to means of making gil in game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-05 16:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In order for me to keep enjoying this game, I usually avoid joining pickup groups, unless it's with a friend or lsmate. On our server, pugs have a low success rate, and it's not uncommon to run into players that have very little idea on how to play their jobs. I don't have a need to buy these items, but it's worth my sanity. For what it's worth, I've never actually bought anything from a merc group before.

It seems like you're still sore over that thread. My advice is to let it go.

Nah, I quit playing the game last month. The only reason I saw this was because it was pointed out to me. I just thought it was funny since you had talked about earning your items back then and this goes against that, even if you have already beat it on all levels. The fact remains that if you buy the Mask you didn't earn it unless you participated in the BC as opposed to just sitting outside hoping it drops from others killing it.

Either way, I hope you get your Mask since you seem to enjoy playing the game still.

Farming legit gil, then taking that gil and purchasing a rare/ex drop (from fights that I have already cleared!) is equivalent to using a third-party exploit of game code to introduce thousands of illegitimate alexandrite per week? That doesn't make any sense, at all, on any level.

I do still enjoy this game, even though I've played since day 1 NA. I don't fault you for walking away, though. There are newer games out there with thriving communities. I get tempted sometimes myself :)
[+]
 Sylph.Tosaka
By Sylph.Tosaka 2014-11-06 03:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how the topic of buying items being the same as the Salvage exploit (or any other cheats) got brought up, but they're obviously not the same thing. My point was that buying an item from a fight you didn't participate in doesn't really seem like you earned it, even if you've beat the fight before. But maybe that's just from my experience back when you actually had to camp (H)NMs for drops. My (NQ) Adaberk will always mean more to me than my D.Ring because I felt like I actually earned that due to all the time spent camping Fafhogg as opposed to basically just buying enough pop items to eventually get the Ring. Hopefully that clarifies where my point of view is coming from.

Blittzjr covered how I feel about mercing. And for the record, I've been on both sides of it, buyer and seller.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-11-06 06:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat 1/160+ Hikazu Haraki speaks the truth. I invented /shout salvage and people thought I was crazy for it. Did that run every day possible and half a year later, finally got that Usukane body.

Biggest accomplishment in the game as far as I'm concerned; had to train people who weren't experienced in salvage or completely new to salvage nearly every run; 4-5 days a week (and going w/ my ls the other few days a week where we did all the diff zones obviously and I wasn't first in line for usu body)
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-06 11:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how the topic of buying items being the same as the Salvage exploit (or any other cheats) got brought up, but they're obviously not the same thing. My point was that buying an item from a fight you didn't participate in doesn't really seem like you earned it, even if you've beat the fight before. But maybe that's just from my experience back when you actually had to camp (H)NMs for drops. My (NQ) Adaberk will always mean more to me than my D.Ring because I felt like I actually earned that due to all the time spent camping Fafhogg as opposed to basically just buying enough pop items to eventually get the Ring. Hopefully that clarifies where my point of view is coming from.

Blittzjr covered how I feel about mercing. And for the record, I've been on both sides of it, buyer and seller.

I felt that was implied in your post. Even if not, your objection is silly. Earning the gil to pay others to provide a service means that I'm not earning that drop? How about if I participate in the fight but just pay the rest of the group to pass? Am I earning it then?

I don't understand why you posted in this topic, at all. Your argument doesn't hold much water and it comes across as bitter. Yes, Penfifteen is full of cheaters, some who even self-identified as such. That's a fact, but it's irrelevant to my topic here. I just want to buy a couple of drops.

Also, I played back in those days myself. It was rewarding when you finally got a drop, but the HNM camping and other ridiculous mechanics didn't enhance my enjoyment of FFXI. Today's atmosphere of easy acquisition makes the individual achievements less meaningful, but actually playing the game now is more fun, in my opinion.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2014-11-06 14:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Tosaka
By Sylph.Tosaka 2014-11-07 05:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I felt that was implied in your post. Even if not, your objection is silly. Earning the gil to pay others to provide a service means that I'm not earning that drop? How about if I participate in the fight but just pay the rest of the group to pass? Am I earning it then?

And yet taking advantage of an exploit to speed up a process (while still doing the required actions as you would normally) means you didn't earn that drop? Yes, the salvage exploit was a cheat, but it wasn't just given to you like the duping exploit that happened. You still had to work for all the Alexandrite.

At the end of the day though, you're the one that has to live with your decisions. So if you feel like you earned an item by buying it, more power to you. I'm just of the opinion that bought items aren't earned. But not everything has to be earned. If you want it, then you want it. Nothing more to it.

I don't understand why you posted in this topic, at all.

The only reason I saw this was because it was pointed out to me. I just thought it was funny since you had talked about earning your items back then and this goes against that, even if you have already beat it on all levels.

Reading is tech.

Your argument doesn't hold much water and it comes across as bitter. Yes, Penfifteen is full of cheaters, some who even self-identified as such. That's a fact, but it's irrelevant to my topic here.

I'm the bitter one, yet you bring up Pen15 being full of cheaters even though you said it was irrelevant to the topic and wasn't mentioned prior. Pot, kettle, etc.

Today's atmosphere of easy acquisition makes the individual achievements less meaningful, but actually playing the game now is more fun, in my opinion.

That atmosphere is also what has driven many people to quit the game. When content is a joke, there's no reason for people to stick around once they finish it.

Clearly we have opposing views on the state of the game and the direction it's headed. There is no right or wrong view though since at the end of the day the only person's happiness that matters is your own.

I won't respond to (derail) the thread anymore, so once again, best of luck getting your items.
[+]
 Sylph.Clynt
user: Clyntaru
By Sylph.Clynt 2014-11-07 17:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

Best thing here ROFL
 Sylph.Ratixfarence
By Sylph.Ratixfarence 2014-11-07 18:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We're at a point where our population levels are so dangerously low, that the remaining people here need to start focusing on the underdeveloped players in our LSes and their progression. If we can bolster our server's ready ranks, then we wont have to resort to rely on ??? mercing and pugs as an means to an end. We will more likely wind up with players who want to do the same stuff as we need. This can be done rather quickly with cookie-cutter 117s/WKR to Skirmish/Delve/reforged/etc progression. We just need to focus on the little guys a bit more, and it will all come back eventually.
[+]
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-07 20:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What we need is a time machine to make it 2004 again.
[+]
 Sylph.Ratixfarence
By Sylph.Ratixfarence 2014-11-07 23:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be great, but I'd say we at least try to use the tools at our disposal at the very least.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-11-08 06:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy helping out Gotenzu/Tetsyga make progress, I'm going back to the glorious times of Fairy's Poof xd
[+]
First Page 2