Tetris.... The Movie!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Tetris.... The Movie!
Tetris.... The Movie!
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-24 19:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ok... so while looking/watching various things a little bit ago, i came across two youtube movies from AlphaOmegaSin that just caught my eye. "Hollywood is Making a Tetris Movie" being one of them.

If you dont know what im talking about... then you should leave. Just pack your stuff up, go find a cave, and move in.

Yes, that type of Tetris.

RollingStones said:
'Tetris' Movie With 'Big, Epic, Sci-Fi' Plot Headed to Hollywood
"This isn't a movie with a bunch of lines running around the page," says an executive behind the film

With movies like Prince of Persia, Resident Evil and Need for Speed drawing in hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office, Hollywood's love affair with video games is justified. But the announcement that a film studio would be making a movie based on Tetris – the Russian floating puzzle-piece game that Nintendo made famous with the Game Boy in the Eighties (but more notably, a game with no zombies, race cars or Daggers of Time) – might raise a few eyebrows. But Larry Kasanoff – the CEO of Threshold Entertainment, which is making the movie and previously turned Mortal Kombat into a silver-screen success – says there's a story there that fits.

"It's a very big, epic sci-fi movie," he told The Wall Street Journal. "This isn't a movie with a bunch of lines running around the page. We're not giving feet to the geometric shapes."

Another reason why Kasanoff is not too concerned about the reception Tetris will get is because he feels the idea of star power has changed in Hollywood. "Brands are the new stars of Hollywood," he says. "We have a story behind Tetris which makes it a much more imaginative thing."

The exec also said that if the movie takes off, he has big plans on how he could grow the brand. "We certainly have the canvas for location-based entertainment based on the epicness," he told the paper, though he did not expound on what "location-based entertainment" meant.

Earlier this year, Tetris marked its 30th anniversary on June 6th with programmer Alexey Pajitnov discussing how the game's creation involved KGB negotiations and offering a theory about why the game has had such staying power: People remember simple tasks they have completed more easily than complicated ones. "Tetris does this wonderfully," he told the Guardian. "It presents a world of perpetual uncompleted tasks.... It involves us in a compulsive loop of completing and generating new tasks and that keeps us endlessly playing."

Source

Tetris with an EPIC story line...
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-24 19:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The video i saw; if any ones interested.
Content warning'
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-10-24 19:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant wait for the Hungry Hungry Hippos trilogy
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-10-24 20:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Made me think of this.
[+]
By daoming 2014-10-24 20:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-10-24 22:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

daoming said: »
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-24 22:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Made me think of this.

Thats just so odd... im not sure if i find that pleasantly catchy or mildly annoying' :/