Returning/Lost Player
 Phoenix.Renali
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Renali21
By Phoenix.Renali 2014-10-24 16:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello FFXI,

I've been out of the game for about 2 years. It's nostalgic to come back after so many failed relationships with other mmorpgs. I see so much in the game now that I have no idea what is going on.

When I left the game, I was still doing abyssea and +2 all of my DNC gear. I feel like this gear is now on the verge of being obselete. I was wondering if there is a thread or site that shows everything I've missed and help me get caught back up. I'm sure other returning players would appreciate it too. Also, I'm on Shiva server, character name: Senkou, incase any was curious.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zeroenna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zeroenna 2014-10-24 17:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is some info for ya.
Your text to link here...
[+]
 Phoenix.Renali
Server: Phoenix
user: Renali21
By Phoenix.Renali 2014-10-24 17:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much for the info. This link is extremely helpful.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-10-24 17:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To Follow up with what Zenim said, this is the page on bgwiki you definitely need to read: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

Has everything you need to know and they update it as well. Good Luck Renali and welcome back. :)

Edit: Zero beat me to it! xD But yeah that page has all you need to know. Definitely start working reforging AF and Relic gear. And get involved in any event like AA, Wildskeeper Reives, Delve etc to get good gear as well. SKCNMs are popular then ever now since they drop REM tales for reforges.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-24 17:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Contains some highlights from updates for the past 2 years:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Did_you_know_Archive
 Shiva.Prettywings
Server: Shiva
user: Jewels
By Shiva.Prettywings 2014-10-24 17:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, I would like to say Welcome back. While I can't really top what the previous members hve already stated, I can tell you this - don't be scared of change. While it may seem as though this game is a dissipating star, it is a star nonetheless. And like all stars, it still has the heat and elements necessary to spread across the universe. So tread carefully and have lots of fun.
[+]
By Numquam 2014-10-25 10:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear is pretty easy to get for DNC. Yorcia Weald has some armor that can hold you over until you can 119 AF and Relic. If you're still on Phoenix, send me a /tell, I'll help ya on skirmish. Also hold on to your DNC emp gear. Its still pretty useful.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2014-10-25 11:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back!

I have to disagree with Zeroenna and Protectorchrono (sorry, buddy!). That BGWiki page is fairly outdated too since it still cover pre-Adoulin content as if it were really useful nowadays, save few exceptions. Abyssea, Legion, ToAU lv.99 content, Trial of the Magians, Meeble, etc, they are all old content now as well as their rewards (again, save few exceptions). Instead, the official Adventuring Primer page is much more informative, yet its content, written in dialogue form, seems to be somewhat silly.

Again, welcome back and have fun!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Areayea 2014-10-25 12:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk to me in game I'll help you out :p