Side Grade Gears, Is It Working?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Side grade gears, is it working?
Side grade gears, is it working?
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-10-27 09:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I joined a smn burn ramuh shout the other day and thought to myself "God, finally something different than fudo spam or ranger fest"... then we got brontes cuisses that no one wanted <.< You can guess which item people set their seacom for.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-27 10:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Well I know the I level will be move to 129 in the future.
Confirmed?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-27 12:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Confirmed?

I been reading sometime after adoulin is done and somewhere down the line ilevel will be up to 129. If anyone have a link to that claim pls post website. I want to know where it says too. We at 119 for 1.5 years now. I don't think we will be at 119 forever.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-27 13:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Delve: Yorcia and rarely Tojil, nothing else.
Skirmish: Rakaznar >>> everything else. I haven't even seen any aluvion(sp?) shout for quite some time and that thing was only recently added.
High-tier BCs: no shout for yagudo, mamool, shadow lord, mithra at all and avatar shouts will probably die down soon since everyone wants the same item and people will start giving up.
That's exactly it, it's not that items like Dread Jupon, Mes'yohi Haubergeon, Trip Earring, Vanir items, Ptica Helm, and a few of the Avatar items aren't direct upgrades (not sidegrades) but that people don't want to waste their time with the horrible drop system the high level battlefields currently have. If you join a shout for AA MR for instance, it's extremely likely that at least 4 people of the party are lotting mask. Combine that with a low drop rate (probably sub 20%) and you end up only getting a Felistris Mask 1/5 times and have to beat 4-5 other people for it. This is a terrible system, and leads to people simply giving up at a ton of content or getting it merced for them. Really I just want them to change the loot system to have individual pools or better drop rates at least, along with having multiple useful items per High Level Battlefield.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-27 13:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You always get one item on D+ and can get two, you just need good people to do it on that difficulty for some of them. I think the entry cost is the worst part that they should change. Everyone should be able to use their KI like an orb and you can try 6 times instead of once.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-10-27 13:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
You always get one item on D+ and can get two, you just need good people to do it on that difficulty for some of them. I think the entry cost is the worst part that they should change. Everyone should be able to use their KI like an orb and you can try 6 times instead of once.

If they did that then they would need to add more battle instances, especially for AA fights. There are 6 Battlefields for AA and only 3 instances.

I`m not saying it's a bad idea but I think it would cause major congestion if they changed it to a per person Orb KI without increasing the battle instances.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-27 13:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd rather deal with congestion issues and stand in line to do the content than not be doing the content at all because 6 of the right people don't want to grind 10-20 merits each for 1 battle run.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-27 13:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Right you always get 1 item but that's still a 1/5 chance at the item people actually want in most circumstances. The chance of the item dropping plus you winning the item is just too low to warrant doing the battlefield for most.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-27 13:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Right you always get 1 item but that's still a 1/5 chance at the item people actually want in most circumstances. The chance of the item dropping plus you winning the item is just too low to warrant doing the battlefield for most.

This is exactly why I am not excited to do battlefields. I rather get 10 million gil to just buy from a merc group which there are none in Lakshmi lol and I don't want to waste a week of my link shell time getting "that" one item for everyone. (I play 2 hours a day)
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-27 14:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Confirmed?

I been reading sometime after adoulin is done and somewhere down the line ilevel will be up to 129. If anyone have a link to that claim pls post website. I want to know where it says too. We at 119 for 1.5 years now. I don't think we will be at 119 forever.
10000000% rumor.

What we do know:
  • Artifact, Relic, and Empyrean armor sets will be upgradeable through iLv119.
    Everyone seems to think that Empy iLv update = iLv increase.... because that's what had happened with them in the first place... but... there's no evidence for that. (plus it goes against "the vision" to have all three AFs being equal and a "starting point for gearing" ala 75era gearing paradigms.)

• Artifact, Relic, and Empyrean armors and REMs will be made to always be upgradeable up through the highest iLvs.

• The effective level cap will not be raised until after Adoulin is "finished"... whatever that means. Mission completion? iLv VW? Something else? No one knows.

• Ochain is NOT iLv150. If you think it's 150, Priwen would like to shield bash your brain to working again. The "Ochain = 150" thing was back before we had fake skill on iLv gear, before we had stat vomit, back when a 119 item JUST had +20 to two stats and some attack. But now that Priwen = Ochain under reprisal, it's very clear that Ochain is only ~120-125 at most. And given that it actually exceeds Ochain under extremely high level mobs... It's more that Ochain is on the 120 side.

Now, as for what we don't know is also the level that iLv will be raised to.
129?
139?
149?
There is no rhyme or reason to any of these numbers. It could be ANY of these because we are past 99.
But chances are that we aren't going anywhere for a looooooooooong time.
Be that good or ill is up to the user.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-27 14:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Where was it officially stated that Empyrean armors would be reforged to 119? They stated upgrading to 119 in terms of RME (weapons), but I've never seen anything official that stated that Empyrean ARMOR would ever be upgraded.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-10-27 14:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Slight mention of it here from Camate, nothing other than that as far as I know.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-27 14:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's more concrete than I remembered,
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-28 21:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I hate when people shout for A/O PLD for N battles. For most fights, SKCNM especially, you don't even need a PLD for N.

Putting this out there... I've tanked VD SCKNM as BLU/war without a shield and needed minimal cure assistance.