Plaguevein Bats Trick?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Plaguevein Bats trick?
Plaguevein Bats trick?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-10-21 23:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Been messing around trying to dualbox so outside delve NMs and I can't seem to find much info on this guy. The only thing I can find is on some JP sites they say there is a way to reduce the number of bats down to one. There are 3 copies of the bats in the DATs, so that makes sense. Does anyone know the gimmick to get this guy down to 1 bat? The triple jet streams suck
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-21 23:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It happens quite often, still uncertain to what the actual cause is though, be it skillchain damage, or an element specifically.

I'm pretty sure its related to dealing magical damage, to which element though... water/ice/(darkness?) is my best guess.

When I was soloing (2boxing) it for the KI it was really easy to do with ochain, just takes forever.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-21 23:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

When I solo SAM the zone, Light skillchains take them down (don't remember if it's all the time or if it's a certain amount of damage; haven't done the zone in a while). Honestly prefer them at 3 or 2 bats, though. Stun spam sucks.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-22 00:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had it happen (outside) with Gravitation, which also triggered blue !!. The weird thing was, though, after it died, one of the triple bats stayed around and followed us. Never left, was invincible to aoe, just trailed along.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-10-22 00:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I've had it happen (outside) with Gravitation, which also triggered blue !!. The weird thing was, though, after it died, one of the triple bats stayed around and followed us. Never left, was invincible to aoe, just trailed along.

Mom, he followed us home... can we keep it!?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-22 00:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That happened to us once before too lol
 Leviathan.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Leviathan.Malthar 2014-10-22 02:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Same. It was my second pet.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-22 02:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, definitely magic or skillchain damage

rarely saw it prior to skillchain patch, afterwards it seemed to happen consistantly from coronach>coronach darknesses
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-11-18 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming bump

I've yet to see a blue !! proc on these bats. I've spammed light-sc, and Gravitation and still 3 bats TP'ing me like crazy.

Is there something I'm missing? Since I've never seen the proc before, does it even last for the entire duration of the fight or only for a moment? I found info on JP site, but can't make out what its saying even with translate: http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/31174.html

Any recent help is appreciated :) TY
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-18 12:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the Light skillchain must deal enough damage for it to work. Light Skillchains, without a doubt, can cause the blue !!, though. Fudo > Kasha > Shoha (first light does one blue !!) > Fudo (double light does second blue !!) is always what happens for us. And yes, it goes down to 1 single bat for the rest of the fight. When it's down do a single bat, it only uses Knife Edge Circle (regardless of the name, is conal) that does ~5 second Stun and Poison.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-11-18 13:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then, that would make sense as to why the bats spam Attack Down. Thanks for the response. I'll try again :)