How Are People Getting So Much Mythics Nowadays?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How are people getting so much mythics nowadays?
How are people getting so much mythics nowadays?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-10-21 10:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I miss something while I was gone?
By greebo 2014-10-21 10:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed the second wave of salvage exploits which led to a influx of Alexandrite.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-21 10:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Even cheats aside, it's just that people have nothing better to do than to build mythics.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-21 10:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of bots, clipper and unlimited assault tags. The game has gone to easy mode. Duping items on recalling accounts. SE just gives these people a slap on the wrist.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-21 10:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Even cheats aside, it's just that people have nothing better to do than to build mythics.

Speaking of, how's yours coming, Piratecat?

I managed to finally get myself properly motivated, under 5k to go for me now. I need to actually think about getting my last 30k of Nyzul points and building Zeni, finally. :x
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-21 10:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Did I miss something while I was gone?
For quite a long time an everly increasing number of people have been able to reach final boss on Salvo2, then warp back to the floor below to do NQ boss then HQ boss.
Then NQ boss, then HQ boss, then NQ boss, then HQ boss, then NQ boss, then HQ boss.
And so on.
You could walk out with like, what, over 2k Alex in a single run if you were lucky?
Multiply that for a couple of mules.

Bingo!

But also what Sehachan said. They patched a lot of stuff to make many of the annoying "trials" easier (pop of the 3 megabosses, Zeni costs, Zeni farming, Zeni trophy droprate to 100%, reduced entry cooldown for Einherjar etc)
When you factor all of these and add the additional layer of ilevel gear which furtherly makes soloing stuff even easier, you get a picture where making Mythics is still time consuming, a lot, but not as hard as it used to be.
A lot of people with nothing better to do are focusing their time there.

Wish I had the patience/time myself =/ But these days I normally prefer to just logoff and play other games.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-21 10:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
But these days I normally prefer to just logoff and play other games.

Probably where I'm going to end up once my hand cannon is finished.

I don't have the patience to do this ***again.

Not going to quit playing, but no more REM probably.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-10-21 10:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo build mythics now easily. Can solo salvage to farm alex, most assaults can solo if not is easily done with 2~3, Einherjar is now once a day instead of every 3 days, and with ilvl119 gear you can rip through old nyzul for tokens. Mythics are also the best weapons by far so everyone wants em.

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-21 10:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I managed to finally get myself properly motivated, under 5k to go for me now. I need to actually think about getting my last 30k of Nyzul points and building Zeni, finally. :x
Need about 7.5k alex, have the rest. I haven't been able to play though because of the payment issues. I'll try resuming at the start of november but I doubt I'll finish before next year anyway, can only play a couple of times a week with classes and lots of studying to do.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-21 10:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Need about 7.5k alex, have the rest. I haven't been able to play though because of the payment issues. I'll try resuming at the start of november but I doubt I'll finish before next year anyway, can only play a couple of times a week with classes and lots of studying to do.

Gotcha.

Well, knowing your priorities is important. Wish I had known them --- or at least respected them -- a bit more when I was wrapping up school. :x

Take luck~
By Ramyrez 2014-10-21 10:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
Can solo salvage to farm alex

Truth be told, even if you take away the cheating entirely this factor alone is big.

Being able to do Salvage without needing that third body was huge.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Lots of bots, clipper and unlimited assault tags. The game has gone to easy mode. Duping items on recalling accounts. SE just gives these people a slap on the wrist.

Is this duping a real thing?

Lately ive noticed somethings. Obviously after salvage fix, the scums would do so ething else to profit. I remember last month the dynamis currency supply here in odin was pretty bad. You couldnt make a relic from zero even if you had the cash. But last 2 weeks, i noticed we had a burst of currency here. Everyday someone appears with dozens of 100 currency, so much that all currencies dropped at least 1k of last month price, sometimes even 2k (ordelles were 7.5k-8k, nowadays it isnt hard to find for 6k and lots for 6.5k).

I also noticed a rmts here in odin with large supply of currency and marrows. That they are rmt, its a fact (buying 10k items for 10m etc), but wondering if they could have duped marrows or currency? A mithra here once appeared with 40 marrows, sold 10 and at afternoon was recharged for 40 again. A dude in gs have been daily selling 7 marrows steadly with price below average. Everyday the marrow is recharged as soon he gets sold out with more 7 marrows. And keeps buying low cost item for millions.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-21 10:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Lately ive noticed somethings. Obviously after salvage fix, the scums would do so ething else to profit. I remember last month the dynamis currency supply here in odin was pretty bad. You couldnt make a relic from zero even if you had the cash. But last 2 weeks, i noticed we had a burst of currency here. Everyday someone appears with dozens of 100 currency, so much that all currencies dropped at least 1k of last month price, sometimes even 2k (ordelles were 7.5k-8k, nowadays it isnt hard to find for 6k and lots for 6.5k).

I also noticed a rmts here in odin with large supply of currency and marrows. That they are rmt, its a fact (buying 10k items for 10m etc), but wondering if they could have duped marrows or currency? A mithra here once appeared with 40 marrows, sold 10 and at afternoon was recharged for 40 again. A dude in gs have been daily selling 7 marrows steadly with price below average. Everyday the marrow is recharged as soon he gets sold out with more 7 marrows. And keeps buying low cost item for millions.

I believe there are ways to artificially extend your time in Dynamis, but it's pretty damning so only RMTs are doing it.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 10:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe there are ways to artificially extend your time in Dynamis, but it's pretty damning so only RMTs are doing it.

I aggree but i believe, before the last thread of salvage exploit got deleted, someone was saying about duping, afterglows from air, etc.

Extending time is real, but just extending time wont make rmt to come woth 7 marrows daily or bring 10 marrow out of his pocket in like 3 hours or so (it was a mithra that did that, but she was never saw again).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-21 11:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a glitch that allowed them to stay in dyna forever(may gods save them), but I think it was fixed.
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2014-10-21 11:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

As for salvage it was the ability to pop the final boss as many times as you wanted, producing 100% linens at industrial levels. Fixed also.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 11:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Rawry said: »
As for salvage it was the ability to pop the final boss as many times as you wanted, producing 100% linens at industrial levels. Fixed also.

Im sure those rmts that abused that exploit, aside not being banned, most likely arent afking in jeuno also. Extending time in dyna wont make dynamis more profitable than dozen other activities nowaday. It must have something else they are focused, and considering how much the currency supply increased, i would bet they found something in dynamis aside unlimited time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-21 11:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No they duping was for real. Seen people with 99 stacks of 10,000 dynamis pieces.

Read about it.

SE is doing nothing.

Reddit thread on ffxi
[+]
 Siren.Ares
Server: Siren
user: Ares
By Siren.Ares 2014-10-21 11:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the game relies heavily from the Client, you can replicate a lot of actions/events by injecting the same packets back to the server. (I think its easier in Ashita because they limit some packet injection on widower)

Reading about the Casting any blu spell on any job and the abyssite not breaking in Aby leads me to believe you can do the same on currency by tricking the server into thinking you are constantly trading 100's.

I saw a screenshot a while back with of someone with stacks of R. Gold pieces in their bazaar.

In Response to eslim, they usually try to keep this hush hush, mostly by IRC or deleting any thread that has relevant info to keep their exploit from being patched/more people doing it.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-10-21 11:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What I have seeing from the quantity of marrows, currency, and currently scorcia's. Alot of people transfer, mostly buying low and selling high due to different server prices and the low supply on some servers.

Take Bismark for example, rarely do people farm ADL anymore and RMT took advantage of that, thus bringing people over from other servers with big quantity(seen people having 40-60marrows on level 1 mules), as well as Scorcia's(60 scorcia's) and selling them for extremely cheap. They would sell out fast, thus making those people doing it again. They could be RMT or your average player. There's alot of nice niche's in each server that it's shocking.

I also checked the currency market for the past few weeks just for the heck of it and till now you would not see people selling as much currency, I personally focused on that niche for a whole 10 months back when I was in Russia and through that, I would do Dynamis Valkrum daily on my main and my mules(x4 daily, and yes I had that much free time) and would bank in 10m/per day EVERY day, which sold in the first 15 seconds I put them up and shouting.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-10-21 11:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No they duping was for real. Seen people with 99 stacks of 10,000 dynamis pieces.

Read about it.

SE is doing nothing.

Reddit thread on ffxi

Alot of people have been talking about this for years(since 2003-2004) yet I still have not seen any proof of this by screenshot. ; ;
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-21 11:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any NM that has been killed will not repop. However, you could constantly repeat the AR2 lamp floor once you killed HQ boss by clipping to the floor before it and porting up. Extra 30-40 alex per redo floor.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-21 11:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Or that, whatever. Never done it.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 11:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Read about it.

SE is doing nothing.

Reddit thread on ffxi

If this duping is real (calling gm to get back an item your jjst traded to mule), its 100% legit.

Funny thing, though, is that link to official forum. Seems like SE deleted a thread that was there to explain the exploits in game. Instead SE read that to fix, they just deleted the thread maybe to not let more people know about that, and move on.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 11:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Any NM that has been killed will not repop. However, you could constantly repeat the AR2 lamp floor once you killed HQ boss by clipping to the floor before it and porting up. Extra 30-40 alex per redo floor.

Despite what most would think, after SE fixed the final boss exploit the alex market would drop and price would increase, at least here in odin we never ever lacked alex. There are lots, and the average price even dropped. It isnt uncommon to find alex bellow the 8k, so much i would laugh people was auctioning 10k alex for 9k each in other thread. If you shout that here, you would find lots more for cheap.
 Siren.Ares
Server: Siren
user: Ares
By Siren.Ares 2014-10-21 11:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I did find the image they used in the thread that got deleted.

Not sure about the legitimacy of it tho
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 12:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Its time to call Slyshen...
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-21 12:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythics are just stupidly easy to make now.

Keep in mind, some of this is from the veiwpoint of a server that's still pretty packed and busy and has a decent market.

They made it so you can enter assaults solo, and there's only a few assaults that are troublesome that you can't really solo (at least not legit or with some super crazy luck).

The only thing that can be a bit of a timesink if you're playing legit, are Nyzul and Ein. Doing Nyzul legit my Fiance and I made anywhere between 5-10k a run depending on how lame floors are. That being said, Nyzul is stupidly easy now (not that it's been hard in awhile) and impossible to fail unless you're terrible at lamps. Ein is also stupidly easy, just tedious. 53 days or something from zero ichor to one hundred if you're just doing T3s.

Gil is pretty easy to make for anyone that spams Delve (my highest night personally between sales gil and plasm was about 40mil). Even VW can be decent. Not sure about dyna, haven't personally done that as a gil source since last year.

If it takes you 60 days to do assaults and Nyzul, and alex is 8k each, you only need to make 4mil a day to be finished by the end of that time.

Thanks to the duping, Alex prices crashed immensely. At least on Odin, even after they fixed it, those prices never recovered. It's pretty easy to find them priced at 7.5-8k each.

Why do I bother? Mythics are pretty much the only thing left in the game that require a huge time and gil sink. I don't really have much to do anymore with both time and gil, so I still find making them fun.

TLDR; with ilvl gear and a few changed mechanics, Mythics are a joke to make now. Alex is cheap and gil is easy to make thanks to SE revitalizing the market on VW and Delve items that are needed for reforging relic to 119.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-21 12:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember last month the dynamis currency supply here in odin was pretty bad. You couldnt make a relic from zero even if you had the cash. But last 2 weeks, i noticed we had a burst of currency here.

There was a period of time a little while ago while during both the 10 day free thing going on plus newly released Incursion where the market on many things were just not there because people were spamming the hell out of Incursion.

Pretty sure they've long since fixed the thing that let you stay for extended periods of time in Dyna.

That being said who knows if there's a new flavor of the month exploit that people are taking advantage of.

As for the rollbacks, while I know people do that and have been taking advantage of that for awhile, doesn't it take a looooooong time to get your account back?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6