GEO Delve Stunning. Is It Viable?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » GEO Delve Stunning. Is it viable?
GEO Delve Stunning. Is it viable?
First Page 2
By Darknightleo 2014-10-20 18:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I've recently been working on a stun recast set, based off the Bubble Trouble guide. Mostly because I remember a few people mentioning GEO could stun if a group cannot find a RDM or SCH. Is this still viable? And also would the Lightning spell recast time staff still be used in that set?
A few people in my LS have said it's fallen out of favor because of Macc requirements. But wouldn't using Indi-focus help alleviate that?

Any input is helpful, thanks!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-20 18:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

no good stunner uses the thunder recast staff

geo is fine for delve1, if you use a stunner for the few stunnable things in delve2 probably wouldn't recommend it
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-10-20 18:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Viable, yes. Recommended, not really.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-20 18:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can GEO hit 9 second recast without Apamajas II?

With:

Venabulum/Mephitis/X/Incantor
Nahtirah/Orunmila/Loq/Gwati
Vanir/Lurid/Prolix/Sangoma
Lifestream/Witful/AF109(lol)/Artsieq

I only had an 11 second recast Stun. Guessing swapping grip to Arbuda/Vivid and 119'ing my pants would get me 10, though.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-20 19:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

if your whm has the ability to keep tojil silenced + addle full time without letting it drop, a geo is 100% the same with 1h marches, hastes, ect. 9 seconds will awlays let you stun every tp move.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-20 19:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

With:

I only had an 11 second recast Stun. Guessing swapping grip to Arbuda/Vivid and 119'ing my pants would get me 10, though.

I use a GEO most of the time for Stunning.

Never had an issue.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-20 19:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't questioning if it was viable. I know it'd work well aside from being unable to prevent things like back-to-back Calcifying Mists unless you got lucky with a "Sleep Stun". Most I've GEO stunned so far was Hyoscya and she'd occasionally get moves off with an 11 sec recast, so just wondering if I could knock off 1 or 2 more seconds with set adjustments.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-10-20 19:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
no good stunner uses the thunder recast staff

The only people you hear stuff like this from are the people that dont own one because theyre too lazy to do the work to make one. Is apamajas needed for stun duty? No but do i leave my apamajas in storage because its useless? Of course not. My rdm can go over 20 stuns on delve v1 bosses safely before apa starts to get resists(obv sch/geo can use apa longer due to dark magic skill) and since im aware of the upper limit i know when to switch staffs. Of course with the groups i usually stun for, i dont have to worry about any delve v1 boss lasting long enough for apa to resist. If youre planning on using sch/rdm/geo to stun for events, theres no downside to making an apamajas in your free time. Not to mention it helps a lot if you end up stunning for legion and other pre-adoulin stuff like i do. As for the topic i dont see why geo couldnt do it. If youre new to stun duty, id say you might want to start on sch for a while otherwise you should be fine.
By Chimerawizard 2014-10-20 19:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO cannot equip Incantor Stone. -_-

Hasty Pinion for ammo, or +1.
Use Hagondes+1 feet for 1 more haste over artsieq.
Now you're cap'd haste with Ionis active.

I prefer stunning on RDM in delve. I generally only GEO stun in incursion. m.acc is a litle more important there, and since mobs just LOVE to double up their TP moves, a rdm/blm alternates stuns w/ me.

I stopped using apamajas II a long time ago.
1 its not necessary to hit cap recast.
2 lower m.acc than alternative.
to the locker w/ you, right next to my other ToM staves I don't have inventory to waste on.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-20 19:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
GEO cannot equip Incantor Stone. -_-
Derp.

Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-20 19:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We use it for Delve1 and 2, its better than other options imo.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-20 20:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

With:

You can use Lehbrailg +2 instead of Venabulum. Same Magic Acc Skill, plus you can augment with Fast Cast +5.
Enchanters Earring +1 has Magic Acc and Fast Cast +2.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-20 20:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
The only people you hear stuff like this from are the people that dont own one because theyre too lazy to do the work to make one.

-*** removed for readability-

bonus points:
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-20 20:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

youre only saying that because you put the work into it and want it to be relevent! where you been pwn, lol
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-20 21:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
youre only saying that because you put the work into it and want it to be relevent! where you been pwn, lol

I use it on SCH when I dont have

A) JA
B) BPick up BRD so no Marches / haste.

Code as proof ~
Code
	elseif spell.english == 'Stun' then
		if buffactive.haste and buffactive.march then 
			equip(sets.ExtremeStun)
		elseif Armor =="Lehbrailg" and buffactive.alacrity then
			equip(sets.ExtremeStun)
		elseif buffactive.haste and not buffactive.march then
					equip(sets.aftercast_IdleStun)
			send_command('input /p -------March is Down-------')
		elseif buffactive.march and not buffactive.haste then
			send_command('input /p -------Haste is Down-------')			
		else
			send_command('input /p -------No Magic Haste [ GET IT SORTED ]-------  Stunning Target is gunna suck')
		end
    end
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-10-20 21:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

if ur gonna land stun anyways why does it matter to have more macc and not use the apamajas anyways? does it give 5 more miliseconds of stun time or something or what?
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-10-20 21:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
My rdm can go over 20 stuns on delve v1 bosses safely before apa starts to get resists

Your delve 1 fights still last long enough to land 20 stuns? lol

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
B) BPick up BRD so no Marches / haste.

Just level BRD and go BRD/BLM and win the game because everyone else is still bad at songs and stunning
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-20 22:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
if ur gonna land stun anyways why does it matter to have more macc and not use the apamajas anyways? does it give 5 more miliseconds of stun time or something or what?

It gives anything up to +15 more stuns after Pajamas hits Stun wall.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-21 23:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

xenhas speaks the truth. listen to him.

also it literally doesnt matter if you have it or not. to stun perfectly you only need 9, provided spells arent a factor, or shits silenced if they are by a whm or rdm whatever if brd, geo, and if you want, sch stunning.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-22 00:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

if your whm has the ability to keep tojil silenced
If stunning tojil I wouldn't want whm silencing him cuz then he just does tp moves more often, from what I've seen, and if ya ain't using sch w/ alacrity you won't keep up on geo. Pulling ApajamasII out of storage lol forgot all about it. Also the less melee the better. 2 dd 1 cor seems fine but anything beyond that I'm forced to pop alacrity. Curious how low /recast GEO can get with capped mag. haste now.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-22 01:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

it will use tp moves at the same interval no matter what, they should be stunned. i havnt used sch in a very long time though. its sufficent enough that i can do tojil as sam brd rdm and have no issue landing all stuns, and keeping hastes up, and maybe a nuke in between stuns if nothing else. keeping him silenced just subtracts a bunch of issues that could arise.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-22 03:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked all buffs. Nothing missing. Marches up. Haste up. Weather up. Only explanation was he was silenced. Same w/ the extra melee on him. Same situation. All buffs up but he tp faster than my recast which I don't have issues stunning w/o alacrity. If thier was another explanation I couldn't personally find it. Did another run after the fact and once again zero issues w/ recast after I asked whm to not silence him.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-10-22 03:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I've seen it TP faster is if I pull hate, it decides to run towards me because of bad timing and it occasionally skips a melee round. As Bukadan said, it doesn't matter how many DD are hitting it or if it's silenced, neither of those things will make TP > TP happen more frequently. I've run with 2 DD and it TPs just as fast for us as when it has 10 DD, both situations are solo stunnable without alacrity.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-22 04:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
The only time I've seen it TP faster is if I pull hate, it decides to run towards me because of bad timing and it occasionally skips a melee round. As Bukadan said, it doesn't matter how many DD are hitting it or if it's silenced, neither of those things will make TP > TP happen more frequently. I've run with 2 DD and it TPs just as fast for us as when it has 10 DD, both situations are solo stunnable without alacrity.
Pulled hate? On whm? Never seen a stunner pull hate before.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-22 04:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering, if the gearswap can even detect and change gear based in instacast procs, that is supose to be instant, why cant gearswap start casting with apajamasii and end with any macc staff?

Obviously thats impossible to native swaps, as the minimum between actions is 1 sec, and stun is supose to be 0.5.

About magics, really depend on what boss its. Some boss have terrible magic selection if they can land, like slowga, petrify, dispelga, but others, like shark, that just have offensive magics, paralyga (you gonna end paralyzed anyway for spikes from zone buff or shield effect), rare sleepga amd bindga, you really gains nothing silencing. Mega boss casting times are ridiculously huge, its hard to believe you can not gain a few extra secs of safety by letting them cast.
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-10-22 04:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 329904

This is what I currently use, which puts me at capped gear haste and a decent amount of FC+ with augments. There's room for improvement such as Orunmila/Vanir cote/perfectly augmented Hagondes, though this nets me a ton of macc and 7-9s recast depending on buffs. (I THINK I've seen as low as 7 with indihaste, though I consider it a waste)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-22 05:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I was wondering, if the gearswap can even detect and change gear based in instacast procs, that is supose to be instant, why cant gearswap start casting with apajamasii and end with any macc staff?
it works by sending precast < spell < midcast all at once, so the server reads in your precast gear, starts your spell with that casttime, then immediately puts on midcast before returning to the thread.. unfortunately recast is calculated at time of spell landing, so there's no way to gain benefit of both
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-10-22 05:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Pulled hate? On whm? Never seen a stunner pull hate before.
The hate pulling is mainly from the nukes, rather than just the stuns. It's more frequent if you run with bad DD during the magic phase, and if you run with less DD there's a higher chance. SCH can hit some really high nukes whilst it's magic-weak.

Pantafernando said: »

Obviously thats impossible to native swaps, as the minimum between actions is 1 sec, and stun is supose to be 0.5.

About magics, really depend on what boss its. Some boss have terrible magic selection if they can land, like slowga, petrify, dispelga, but others, like shark, that just have offensive magics, paralyga (you gonna end paralyzed anyway for spikes from zone buff or shield effect), rare sleepga amd bindga, you really gains nothing silencing. Mega boss casting times are ridiculously huge, its hard to believe you can not gain a few extra secs of safety by letting them cast.

You can do that and gain the effects of both precast and midcast staves, but the recast time is calculated when the spell lands, not when you begin casting. Silencing the mob is not detrimental but it's not necessary.

Personally I still use Apajamas and toggle macc staff because I still run with PUGs occasionally (magic haste will drop at some point inevitably, like Conagh pointed out). I can only recall one delve 1 run total since delve 2 was released where I had to change staff because of macc, a lot less common than haste going down.

@Jkun did you mean to use Nahtirah or Kaabnax Hat? if you're using Kaabnax for the macc, you can get more using Artsieq btw. If your recast is already fast enough then changing to Orunmila's is just losing you 4macc
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-22 05:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

it will use tp moves at the same interval no matter what, they should be stunned. i havnt used sch in a very long time though. its sufficent enough that i can do tojil as sam brd rdm and have no issue landing all stuns, and keeping hastes up, and maybe a nuke in between stuns if nothing else. keeping him silenced just subtracts a bunch of issues that could arise.

I think what he means about uses TP moves more is if you silence the mob, it will always TP > attack > TP (subject to your dds aren't dead and tp feed is consistent)

If you don't silence it, it may occasionally casts spells, and assuming you don't stun any spells, you have longer time between tp move as it might do rounds like TP > attack > cast a spell > attack > TP.

But like you say, that causes more headache than it gives as any proper geared stunner can stun the TP moves. and some spells are just plain annoying.

Asura.Jkun said: »
ItemSet 329904

This is what I currently use, which puts me at capped gear haste and a decent amount of FC+ with augments. There's room for improvement such as Orunmila/Vanir cote/perfectly augmented Hagondes, though this nets me a ton of macc and 7-9s recast depending on buffs. (I THINK I've seen as low as 7 with indihaste, though I consider it a waste)

You can't get lower than 8.x/9s seconds on stun recast unless you're a scholar with relic feet + alacrity + thunderstorm. That is the only thing that will let you get through the cap.
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-10-22 11:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
@Jkun did you mean to use Nahtirah or Kaabnax Hat? if you're using Kaabnax for the macc, you can get more using Artsieq btw. If your recast is already fast enough then changing to Orunmila's is just losing you 4macc

Kaabnax can be augmented with +2 Haste/ +5 FC (reason being I didn't have Nahtirah back when I first built that set).

Quote:
You can't get lower than 8.x/9s seconds on stun recast unless you're a scholar with relic feet + alacrity + thunderstorm. That is the only thing that will let you get through the cap.

Thanks, was not aware of the actual FC/recast cap. In any case what I meant was that riding indi-haste purely for Stun purposes would be a waste of geo bubble since you could be using things like Focus/Refresh instead. At least I was able to successfully stun Delve 1 that way. Though I understand that an extra 1-2s off can be a lifesaver, especially if you're adamant about stunning -everything- and not just the nastier TP moves.
First Page 2