A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 11:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ain't got nothing vs the power of the millennium eye!
By fonewear 2014-10-21 11:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/26/breaking-bad-candy-suspension_n_5889680.html

Breaking Bad blue meth candy !

Two brothers were suspended from their Albuquerque, New Mexico, elementary school this week after bringing in rock candy resembling the so-called Blue Sky crystal meth produced on the TV series "Breaking Bad."

Gabriel Valdez, 10, and Christian Valdez, 9, were handing out the blue rock candy during recess, and as a fellow student began chewing it, the brothers said, "Now you're eating meth," Monica Armenta, executive director of communications at Albuquerque Public Schools, told HuffPost.

The brothers were disciplined for "disruption of the educational process and inappropriate and unacceptable behavior," Armenta said. Some news outlets reported that the boys were suspended for 2-1/2 days and sent home with slips saying they brought drugs to school. Armenta said the slips were discipline forms that listed various offenses. In the list of reasons for being sent home, the principal wrote, "For look-alike drugs and role playing."

Virginia Valdez, the boys' mother, said the situation was "blown out of proportion." She told KOAT Albuquerque that the suspension was "unfair," as "it’s not really drugs -- it’s candy." Following the suspension, the boys' parents took them out of the school permanently.

The candy likely came from the Candy Lady, a local shop famous for producing the original "Breaking Bad" candy. The shop produced the candy as a prop for the TV series, which was filmed in Albuquerque. Candy Lady's website encourages "people to use the show’s popularity and events to teach others about the Real Consequences, Life Cost and Danger of 'Meth' and other illicit drug use."

"Handing out candy that looks like meth isn't something we're going to affirm," Armenta said. "This is not behavior we want modeled in our schools."
By fonewear 2014-10-21 12:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rock candy is the next step to snorting meth off a stripper !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-21 12:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There were kids in grade school who used to smash up smarties and snort em like they were drugs... you rarely ever saw em do it more than once though as they were complaining of a burning pain right after lol..
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-10-21 12:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Again people are confusing the disdain of the protest (which we don't care about, at all) and the trying to influence public policy for basically hurting her feelings, the later of which isn't cool at all.

What's happening:

Quote:
Video: One Florida mom launched a Change.org petition to stop Toys ‘R Us from selling a line of dolls based on the crystal-meth dealers of “Breaking Bad”

What people are "outraged" about:

Quote:
Video: One Florida mom launched a Change.org petition to stop Toys ‘R Us from selling a line of dolls based on the crystal-meth dealers of “Breaking Bad”

I think some people just have a comprehension issue, or just like helicopter parents.
I'd ask if you deliberately set out to be a liar and a hypocrite, but you'll pretend this never happened or that somehow words develop special, magical, completely incomprehensible meanings when you type them.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 12:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Again people are confusing the disdain of the protest (which we don't care about, at all) and the trying to influence public policy for basically hurting her feelings, the later of which isn't cool at all.

What's happening:

Quote:

What people are "outraged" about:

Quote:

I think some people just have a comprehension issue, or just like helicopter parents.
I'd ask if you deliberately set out to be a liar and a hypocrite, but you'll pretend this never happened or that somehow words develop special, magical, completely incomprehensible meanings when you type them.
I'm neither of those things, but kudos on being an obtuse ***?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 12:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
There were kids in grade school who used to smash up smarties and snort em like they were drugs... you rarely ever saw em do it more than once though as they were complaining of a burning pain right after lol..

Ever eat 8-10 packets of ketchup? Yeah, teachable moment.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 12:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-21 12:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Ever eat 8-10 packets of ketchup? Yeah, teachable moment.
lol never heard of that one...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-21 13:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the double standard again?

That it's inconsistent for toys-r-us to sell products like GTA but not toys like an iconic sociopath meth cook?

I'll be honest, there is a point there but who says the mother doesn't think they shouldn't sell GTA either? Also I guess if toys-r-us want's to claim to be for kids (which it does) then it should refuse to sell products of "questionable" morals.

Otherwise I don't see an issue with a mother coming to terms with the idea that toy-r-us ISN'T geared for kids and taking steps to change that on her own.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-21 13:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like the people that think this is "bad parenting" or "wrong" are afraid because they dislike the idea of their personal freedoms infringed upon.

At best, it's akin to "I disagree with your viewpoint and don't want to be forced to abide by your standards."

At worst, it's akin to "anyone that disagrees with me should not be be able to explore ways to force me to abide by there standards."
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-21 13:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

However, I'd be willing to bet that a good number of the people that are referring to this woman as "some ***" or "helicopter Mom" don't have kids.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
However, I'd be willing to bet that a good number of the people that are referring to this woman as "some ***" or "helicopter Mom" don't have kids.

I do actually, but it's irrelevant.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-21 13:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like the people that think this is "bad parenting" or "wrong" are afraid because they dislike the idea of their personal freedoms infringed upon.

At best, it's akin to "I disagree with your viewpoint and don't want to be forced to abide by your standards."

well no s***.

That person is given that freedom of choice, were asking for the same thing. She has the freedom to chose not to buy it for her kid if she thinks its not appropriate. Good for her. The other ppl should have the same freedom of choice to decide if they want to buy it. They should not have the choice taken away from them because someone else doesn't like it. - In this country your freedoms only exist to the extent as to not infringe upon anothers freedoms.

And thats deviating form the point that the store can sell what ever it wants. Granted they generally bend to public opinion to maintain the profit margin, but its there choice to sell what they please. Not to sell product or remove product because one person doesn't like it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I miss KB Toys, Thanks Mittens.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-21 13:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

well no s***.

That person is given that freedom of choice, were asking for the same thing. She has the freedom to chose not to buy it for her kid if she thinks its not appropriate. Good for her. The other ppl should have the same freedom of choice to decide if they want to buy it. They should not have the choice taken away from them because someone else doesn't like it. - In this country your freedoms only exist to the extent as to not infringe upon anothers freedoms.

And thats deviating form the point that the store can sell what ever it wants. Granted they generally bend to public opinion to maintain the profit margin, but its there choice to sell what they please. Not to sell product or remove product because one person doesn't like it.

I don't see anything wrong with what she does until she breaks the law. Our laws allow for this kind of behavior.

If it's so "wrong," why don't you organize a petition to prevent people from organizing petitions?
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-21 13:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe in God.

However, may God have mercy on your children.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe in God.

However, may God have mercy on your children.

Well *** you too, and keep "god" away from my kid.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-21 13:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In this country your freedoms only exist to the extent as to not infringe upon anothers freedoms.

You realize this is 100% inaccurate.

Our freedoms only exist to the extent that they are protected by the law.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-21 13:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Freedom to not care about Breaking Bad exists in small doses.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Freedom to not care about Breaking Bad exists in small doses.
Mine's still rather small, still have no interest to watch it.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-21 13:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched the finale of Breaking Bad just so I don't have to watch any of the other episodes.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-10-21 13:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If drug dealer guy needs to be removed then why not:

The Punisher -- Mass murdering vigilante

Wolverine -- Mass Murdering mutant vigilante

Carnage -- Superhuman serial killer

Spawn -- Murdering vigilante with powers from Satan

Cobra Commander -- Leader of a terrorist organization

Dr. Light (DC) -- Super villain rapist

Dr. Doom -- Oppressive dictator

M. Bison -- Dictator/Drug cartel leader

The Joker -- Mass murderer

Red Skull -- Holy ***....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-21 13:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I watched the finale of Breaking Bad just so I don't have to watch any of the other episodes.
That's a good call.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-21 13:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My role models : Jeffery Dahmer John Wayne Gacy Ted Bundy Ariel Castro Ed Gein Gary Heidnik and so on.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-21 13:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

Dr. Doom -- Oppressive dictator

M. Bison -- Dictator/Drug cartel leader

The Joker -- Mass murderer

Red Skull -- Holy ***....
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-21 13:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In this country your freedoms only exist to the extent as to not infringe upon anothers freedoms.

You realize this is 100% inaccurate.

Our freedoms only exist to the extent that they are protected by the law.

Perhaps in theory. But both statements have been ignored for some time. Ppl seem to try and impose there personal will as law a lot lately, and rights keep getting screwed over despite the law. - looks like were both screwed'
By fonewear 2014-10-21 13:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking Bad is not action figure worthy !
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The *** up thing is, almost all of those are actually marketed towards children, unlike this.

That's about the only difference, and they're basically saying that they have no place selling a toy that isn't for children.

Well to that we kindly say "go *** yourself helicopter mom."
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »