A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 19:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It is comfy /wiggles
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-20 19:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
Oh great, yet another parent that feels like she needs to be the savior of children everywhere.

I bet she's got some skeletons in her closet and this is simply an act of penance for the crap she pulled in her life.

I bet she has no problem wearing clothing made in a 3rd world country that uses child labor, but you know, cheap cotton is so comfy.
Where do you guys come up with this ***? lol...
[+]
By Bloodrose 2014-10-20 19:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Team America Jr.: Child Police.

Won't someone please think of the children?!
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-10-20 20:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused at to what the hell half of you are trying to promote here.

The ones saying this is insane are the same ones who will, at the drop of a hat, turn around and say that people should protest by refusing to shop at a particular store (and not strictly based on what they sell, c.f. Hobby Lobby or Chik-Fil-A). It's cool and hip to ineffectually and silently protest by the broken means of what we claim is capitalism, but employing public action and an exercise of federally protected rights is an affront to right-thinking individuals everywhere?

I feel like half the comments I've read are basically saying, "Murder's ok as long as I never hear about it, but god help you if you make the news!"

I thought I was the most antisocial, cynical *** on the planet, but I feel like the goddamn cheer captain at an overcrowded high school compared to this mess. A person sees something that troubles her and seems at odds with its own context, so she acts to exert her opinion by seeking those who share her opinion. Oh, the horror! Truly she must be stoned to death.

Speaking of stoned to death, can I get a few of you to sign my petition to make pot legal? Sure, it's bad for kids and causes cancer, but you're a *** hypocrite, so get signing. Also, can you show up for our rally tomorrow? It'll be on the evening news.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-20 20:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Speaking of stoned to death, can I get a few of you to sign my petition to make pot legal? Sure, it's bad for kids and causes cancer, but you're a *** hypocrite, so get signing. Also, can you show up for our rally tomorrow? It'll be on the evening news.
Any smoke that is inhaled can do lung damage and may result in lung cancer, but pot can also be used in the treatment of cancer. I know a few people who, in the process of chemotherapy, would've starved to death without the appetite that marijuana can bring on.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-10-20 21:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Any smoke that is inhaled can do lung damage and may result in lung cancer, but pot can also be used in the treatment of cancer. I know a few people who, in the process of chemotherapy, would've starved to death without the appetite that marijuana can bring on.
Sugar rots your teeth but fuels your brain. I do believe you're latching onto the wrong thing.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 21:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Again people are confusing the disdain of the protest (which we don't care about, at all) and the trying to influence public policy for basically hurting her feelings, the later of which isn't cool at all.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 21:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How it should be handled:

File complaint with said company, make a fuss, have at it. (protest) -a ok!

Try to have laws changed/passed to restrict the sale of an item that isn't hurting anyone at all, because she's butthurt - not ok!

See the difference yet?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 21:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted Toys R Us' mission statement easily accessed on their website where they display their organization as being kid-centric and parent friendly so selling toys that directly undercut that goes against their stated reasons for existing.

Everything else is worthless, invalid and otherwise void. You don't sell toys about a drug dealer protagonist and his wacky sidekick in a kids shop. A parent agreed and did something to change this, asking Toys R Us to comment on clearly breaching their mission statement.

Bad parenting? That's called being responsible and taking companies to task when they do dumb ***.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 22:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I posted part of Toys R Us' mission statement easily accessed on their website where they display their organization as being kid-centric and parent friendly as being part of their mission so selling toys that allegedly undercut that goes against their stated reasons for existing.

Bad parenting

ftfy
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 22:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This boils down to the fact that a retail toy chain isn't a play ground, and parents should monitor their children, and actually parent and take it as an opportunity to teach their child something if they inquire about it, not try to shelter them from it's existence.

Very bad parenting indeed.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 22:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting enough, I now know what that show is about.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 22:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-21 09:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This ***is still going on?

What is the outrage at the mother again?
By fonewear 2014-10-21 10:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I'll summarize: feminism, abortion, bad parenting.

(actually this is about Breaking Bad toys but you'd never know it by page 5)

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-10-21 10:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I'll summarize: feminism, abortion, bad parenting.

(actually this is about Breaking Bad toys but you'd never know it by page 5)
Aaaaaand page nine, people need to hit that golden number or they won't feel satisfied

Get on it, Fone
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 10:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Partial nudity and violence a-ok, drugs are bad mmmkay?

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 10:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In some localities it's illegal to sell games to people under the age, but in a lot cases it's just company policy.

Unless it's changed in VA, it's still legal to sell the game to anyone, they just frown upon it. As the ESRB is an organization independent of the government, and IIRC they formed of their own will and weren't required to.

The MPAA can go suck 5 *** at a time though, douchewaffles.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 10:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 10:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

What are you talking about?

Breaking Bad isn't for kids, period.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 10:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
In some localities it's illegal to sell games to people under the age, but in a lot cases it's just company policy.

Unless it's changed in VA, it's still legal to sell the game to anyone, they just frown upon it. As the ESRB is an organization independent of the government, and IIRC they formed of their own will and weren't required to.

The MPAA can go suck 5 *** at a time though, douchewaffles.
And in many cases in VA, especially when dealing with national chains, like Gamestop, Walmart, and TRU, they'd still ask for proof of age as it's company policy.
I'm aware, but like I said: was still legal to do so.

I know of a *** for getting canned from Gamestop for one of their company stings.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 10:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

What are you talking about?

Breaking Bad isn't for kids, period.
Your opinion. While I agree (somewhat) it's not really relevant.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19